widescreen resolution removed from the game.

"
Phrazz wrote:
It's not about "competitive", nor advantage over other players. It's about an 'unbalanced/unintended' advantage versus monsters, because of the aggro range and arrow range of monsters. It's not hard to understand, if you want to.

Of course, removing the support SHOULD of course be temporary while they work on a fix for that aggro/arrow range. If the removal of UW support is here to stay, it's a fuckup indeed.

Is it an "unbalanced/unintended" advantage versus monsters that some players can see them updating 240 times per second instead of 60?

Is it an "unbalanced/unintended" advantage versus monsters that some players play with a mouse and keyboard instead of a controller?

Is it an "unbalanced/unintended" advantage vs monsters that some players play on 4k displays and others use the steam deck?

Is it an "unbalanced/unintended" advantage vs monsters that some players use a multitude of third party tools to assist in their gameplay and build making process, and others don't?

Is it an "unbalanced/unintended" advantage that some people have high end gaming mice which support lots of buttons and macros, and others use normal two or three button mice?

Is it an "unbalanced/unintended" advantage that some people play in lockstep on good internet and others play in predictive mode with 100+ pipng?

Is it an "unbalanced/unintended" advantage that some players use TFT to min-max the power of their builds to absurd degrees that aren't feasible without TFT?

This argument about ultrawides providing some kind of magic special sauce advantage is arbitrary and fallacious in the highest degree.

Yes, it is an advantage. No, it's not any more special an advantage than any one of a hundred other ways people can get an advantage through their hardware setup and/or the use of other external tools.

If you're not going to lock the game to a set experience and ban 3rd party tools, you have zero credibility if you try to argue ultrawides offer the kind of advantage that deserves getting them removed from the game.

There is zero reason to remove this support even if they intend to eventually address aggro range for mobs on ultra-wide setups. It's just arbitrary and breaks something that was never an actual problem.

Fix it.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Feb 16, 2023, 2:43:09 PM
"
tackle70 wrote:
Yes, it is an advantage. No, it's not any more special an advantage than any one of a hundred other ways people can get an advantage through their hardware setup and/or the use of other external tools.

Of course it is. The game is DIRECTLY balanced around NOT having a UW monitor. MECHANICALLY! The AI of monsters is designed around narrower monitors. You CANNOT compare this to refresh rate, CPU, GPU or whatever. Those things, while an advantage, are all about making the game run smooth. I cannot phantom how you're unable to separate one from the other. It's quite frankly breathtaking. Unless you're deliberately are being obtuse, which is more likely, to be honest.

But as I said, they should OF COURSE adjust the mechanics and AI, and then bring back the support for UW monitors. But that clearly isn't enough for you, or else you wouldn't go on a rampage after I clearly pointed that out.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Day 181.

Fix it.
I thought spells only travelled so far anyway? I have never noticed this personally, like attacking mobs that do not aggro?
"
Vequis_uk wrote:
I thought spells only travelled so far anyway? I have never noticed this personally, like attacking mobs that do not aggro?

That's because there are zero real problems here.

This worked just fine for a decade. If GGG wants to increase mob aggro range, putting black bars on ultrawides is not the way to solve anything.

Fix it.
Day 182.

Fix it.
Day 183.

Fix it.
Yea that is pretty crazy tbh, I had used a 5120x1440 panel for a few leagues and never noticed any mob that did not aggro.

Honestly this whole thing is baffling, these resolutions do exist and it should be sought to support them. Many games, Elden Ring for example requires a mod (was available day of release I believe) and it works flawlessly.

Super sad, it is quite frustrating and I really do not understand the hate for it. Its not like you could not put 3-4 1080p displays together and get similar results etc, pretty much how these large panels work anyway.

Yea idk I agree.... fix it...
Day 184.

Fix it.

you guys ... if any of you played sanctum you would know about the advantage of seeing mobs early.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info