widescreen resolution removed from the game.

"
Echothesis wrote:
You guys have taken it to personalities long time ago

Spoiler
"
Echothesis wrote:
Poe was fine for a decade without any bars, with not a single white knight complaining about aspect ratio.

"
Echothesis wrote:
5 knights all trying to discredit me personally instead of addressing actual UW points, lol.

"
Echothesis wrote:
Which actually works for me, guys loosely associated with "white knight movement" never were the target audience.

"
Echothesis wrote:
So I can only say personal opinion that caring about QoL is important, but cannot build any serious reasoning for this topic. Maybe core of PoE whiteknights will keep supporting and grinding it forever wihtout any changes made from current state

"
Echothesis wrote:
If you are confused on why am I doing this, its for sports, to hone my debating skills in extremely hostile environment where those who disagree constantly fall back to cheap tactics of latching to one phrase and try to invalidate everything else you say based on it, while being fully backed by moderators.

Oh if it ain't the pot calling the kettle black.

"Black bar crew"
"White knight movement"

The smug smileys after asking rhetorical questions, too. As if you were a parent smiling at their child saying silly things. It's so condescending.

My favourite has to be "being fully backed by moderators" like what does that even mean? Could it be that one side in this is losing its temper while the other stays rational (and within the confines of the forum ToS)?

Maybe if you wouldn't colour everyone with the same brush and stayed respectful towards others this argument would go differently. After all, people will respond in kind if this is the expected conduct.

For starters, no one said "you are tiny minority, suck it up and play" (your words, not mine). It is not my place to tell you whether to play the game or not. Clearly you have made that decision already. You don't have to "suck it up" either. But you shouldn't make the issue appear larger than it actually is.

When you have a list of 100 things to do but only 24 hours in a day, you will have to prioritize work by urgency and importance. If it's important but not urgent you can do it later. If it's neither urgent nor important, you may decide not to do it at all. Maybe GGG at some point had UW support on a todo but later scrapped the idea. It's not like oit's unheard of in other games, and as a game dev yourself you must know this too.

So when we point out that UW monitors are only used by a tiny fraction of gamers this is what it's about. Have you considered the devs don't want to add UW support to Path of Exile? Because remember, UW support wasn't removed from Path of Exile. The game never had it to begin with.
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
Last edited by ArtCrusade on Jul 2, 2024, 9:46:32 PM
"
So when we point out that UW monitors are only used by a tiny fraction of gamers this is what it's about. Have you considered the devs don't want to add UW support to Path of Exile? Because remember, UW support wasn't removed from Path of Exile. The game never had it to begin with.

... and that is wrong and part of this complaining thread. I play PoE since 2013 and it supported UW since i have startet with the game. Then it was removed.
"
dk_daywalker wrote:
"

... and that is wrong and part of this complaining thread. I play PoE since 2013 and it supported UW since i have startet with the game. Then it was removed.

"
Previously it was possible to manually set the aspect ratio of the Path of Exile client to be very short and wide, allowing you to see an unintended amount of the level at once. A limit needed to be set. Because of server serialisation distances, this maximum aspect ratio is currently set to 21:9. This is the widest that we can currently go before we start hitting the cutoff where entities and effects vanish. We are looking at being able to increase this in the future.

This note was accidentally missed from the patch notes. We're very sorry for that oversight.
Last edited by ArtCrusade on Jul 3, 2024, 4:56:57 PM
But seriously GGG should at least update if they are going to provide a solution like their post said. It has been years, and many of the people who said this was a deal breaker, left.

In fact GGG should do all manner of qol stuff instead of coyly saying, we'll get back to you, as it were.

Where are the performance upgrades that actually improve things? Performance is worse than 5 years ago.

Where are well rolled items?

Where are fixes to mtx lag?

It isn't hard to sympthasize with a player or group of players who want answers to an unannounced change. Especially when GGG said they were looking into it.

Honestly if GGG isn't going to support uw, they should just say so and move on.
"
roundishcap wrote:

Where are the performance upgrades that actually improve things? Performance is worse than 5 years ago.

The first big performance update happened long ago with the introduction of the Dx12 option.
along with that the rather latest patch did improve the performance heavily in a good way across the board.
Sure with exceptions to people and their weaker or old rig, but that's a problem those players create themselves by running old hardware with insufficient power for proper performance. It's not that hard or expensive these days to have a fairly "modern" system to achieve mid-top performance in games these days without having to put all settings on low.

But all of the things you've listed are hardly QoL at all tbh.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Jul 3, 2024, 7:56:36 PM
You are conflating qol with lowering the difficulty of the game roundish.

Edit: just wanna say that I also wished they'd make a clear statement on where they stand on this so we can all move on. However, I guess they don't want to because if they did, it would be a bigger topic of discussion again which I reckon they don't want. As is so often true: saying less is better for business
Last edited by ArtCrusade on Jul 4, 2024, 4:27:40 AM
7 days without any news from our friend, we miss you and hope to see you for the 2 year anniversary tackle :(
Last edited by tangatawhenuapai on Jul 5, 2024, 11:29:49 AM
"
Previously it was possible to manually set the aspect ratio of the Path of Exile client to be very short and wide, allowing you to see an unintended amount of the level at once. A limit needed to be set. Because of server serialisation distances, this maximum aspect ratio is currently set to 21:9. This is the widest that we can currently go before we start hitting the cutoff where entities and effects vanish. We are looking at being able to increase this in the future.

This note was accidentally missed from the patch notes. We're very sorry for that oversight.

Wait, GGG may actually lie?:) :kapp:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info