widescreen resolution removed from the game.

"
AintCare wrote:
"
Kyzelion wrote:
Whats the advantage of having more FOV in game that we kill mobs and collect loot? I mean seriously.

Able to target mobs that are off screen for other players seems like a clear advantage to me. However, increasing FOV slightly would help everyone.

This has all been answered in this thread before...

This is not a competitive game.

Fast pc hardware combined with high refresh displays offers more gameplay advantages than an ultrawide screen, as does use of 3rd party tools. If the objective of this change is to put everyone on a level playing field for some kind of PVE competitive integrity, GGG is straining out a gnat but swallowing a camel.

If PVP is the problem, just change it for PVP.

This change is not defensible. It's irrational to the highest degree and represents very poor game development.

Day 176. Fix it. No excuse.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Feb 11, 2023, 8:48:57 AM
Yep. Agreed. Plus eventually more and more players will end up changing to ultrawide and then I want to see GGG's excuse. That day will come, sooner or later.

-Still no fix for black bars on modern super ultra wide monitors?

----> unistalled this old game for ever, moved forward new games.

in a league where you need to evade attacks, it is the worst timing to implement that. There's so many attacks that are coming out of my screen, i have been holding to the original sin scroll since week 1 and i dont plan on using it. It's just impossible right now and there's no way i will make a dumb totem build just for that mechanic. That change restricts the gameplay in more than one way and punishes only the people that were actually using it.

Fix it.
Day 177.

Fix it.
Day 178.

Fix it.
Still no news, very sad :(
Day 179.

Fix it.
Day 180.

Fix it.
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
AintCare wrote:
"
Kyzelion wrote:
Whats the advantage of having more FOV in game that we kill mobs and collect loot? I mean seriously.

Able to target mobs that are off screen for other players seems like a clear advantage to me. However, increasing FOV slightly would help everyone.

This has all been answered in this thread before...

This is not a competitive game...

It's not about "competitive", nor advantage over other players. It's about an 'unbalanced/unintended' advantage versus monsters, because of the aggro range and arrow range of monsters. It's not hard to understand, if you want to.

Of course, removing the support SHOULD of course be temporary while they work on a fix for that aggro/arrow range. If the removal of UW support is here to stay, it's a fuckup indeed.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info