widescreen resolution removed from the game.

"
tackle70 wrote:
"
Vequis_uk wrote:
Nice to see so many people passionate about this change tbh, usually it gets pushed under the carpet and no one seems to care.

Hopefully GGG make a updated post sometime to at least keep us in the loop as to the future of 32:9 etc.

I mean its like Diablo 3 works with 5120x1440, there are visual bugs (as PoE had) but personally did not bother me too much. Id prefer to have these little visual bugs and fullscreen than play 3440x1440 on a 5120 screen. As some others have said hopefully this gets resolved and implemented by PoE 2, will be quite sad if not.

This change is by far the most egregiously irrational and indefensible thing GGG has ever done.

While this change doesn't affect all users, it is the same quality of decision making in game design as if they made the game P2W.

It's irrational in the purest sense and only serves to harm players. Zero people benefit from this change.

Bump. Fix it.

Yea indeed, its crazy. It is like starcraft 2, it is unplayable unless in windowed mode on a wide monitor. I can totally understand for online play aka pvp sure, make a fog or something to make everyone even. But in PoE the whole P2W with wide monitors just makes me laugh.

Like people said in the past on reddit etc, its like limiting games to 30 fps because someone has a gtx 8800 still.
Day 172.

Fix it.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
"
Vequis_uk wrote:
But in PoE the whole P2W with wide monitors just makes me laugh.

Yup. This decision is a bad joke.

Day 173.

Fix it.
I recently bought a 32:9 monitor and would very much like 32:9 support back, please GGG (maybe with PoE 2? :]).
Day 174.

Fix it.
Day 175.

Fix It. Unacceptable.
"
Alysma wrote:
"
Previously it was possible to manually set the aspect ratio of the Path of Exile client to be very short and wide, allowing you to see an unintended amount of the level at once. A limit needed to be set. Because of server serialisation distances, this maximum aspect ratio is currently set to 21:9. This is the widest that we can currently go before we start hitting the cutoff where entities and effects vanish. We are looking at being able to increase this in the future.

This note was accidentally missed from the patch notes. We're very sorry for that oversight.

hah! so this did change! very bad change, camera looks very zoomed in right now.

I understand how this can be abused but we need more FOV
I am in the same situation. Stuck with 32:9 only monitor that I paid with my work's sweat, initialy very excited that I could play the game in a more immersive way, to now have to force the game in a tiny window in the center of my screen, and then GGG does that to us. Regardless there being the majority of players still on 16:9 aspect ratio screens, cmon, its 2022, they should make it compatible and available for all the community. Some of us spend thousands of dollars in their game for the love of the support, and thats the disappointment we get back.
This isnt even a competitive game to say that its unfair for other player who wont have the same. I see this as just a QOL.
Even competitive games like Modern Warfare II, New World supports 32:9 aspect ratio, and Poe as a coop game wont allow it. Whats the advantage of having more FOV in game that we kill mobs and collect loot? I mean seriously.
GGG should honestly think it over and make it fair for lots of us who really show love for their game instead of treating us this way.
"
Kyzelion wrote:
Whats the advantage of having more FOV in game that we kill mobs and collect loot? I mean seriously.

Able to target mobs that are off screen for other players seems like a clear advantage to me. However, increasing FOV slightly would help everyone.
Correct, FOV Increase would satisfy both, wide screen and ultrawide screen owners. But they dont really think about it, do they?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info