widescreen resolution removed from the game.

"
Vequis_uk wrote:
Beautiful

Yup. What a shame. It really provided no "tactical advantage". It just showed more of the landscape and added much more immersion. Harmless in my opinion. Hopefully they add it back.

Before they "fixed" it, it made POE that much better of a game with that extra edge that it could handle extreme resolutions. Sad they don't realize this.

Here's another one:

Last edited by XeoTech on Jul 8, 2024, 4:21:56 PM
"
XeoTech wrote:
Yup. What a shame. It really provided no "tactical advantage". It just showed more of the landscape and added much more immersion. Harmless in my opinion.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/i7qq7n/ventrua_exploiting_ultrawide_in_china_race/

Say again?
"
Ulsarek wrote:
"
XeoTech wrote:
Yup. What a shame. It really provided no "tactical advantage". It just showed more of the landscape and added much more immersion. Harmless in my opinion.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/i7qq7n/ventrua_exploiting_ultrawide_in_china_race/

Say again?

Was he using an actual hardware monitor G9 with 5120x1440? Or was he using a custom insane non-standard resolution like 2000x500 to see further than a normal monitor sold in a store can see?

Those are two VERY different things.

The aspect ratio absolutely NEEDED to be locked to prevent the latter but they should have done it up to 32:9 instead of 21:9. Any game developer who would have done 1 hour of market research on consumer monitors and cutting edge resolutions would have saw that 32:9 was popular and becoming more popular as these monitor's prices are more accessible to the average consumer.
Last edited by XeoTech on Jul 8, 2024, 5:11:57 PM
"
XeoTech wrote:
Any game developer who would have done 1 hour of market research on consumer monitors and cutting edge resolutions would have saw that 32:9 was popular and becoming more popular as these monitor's prices are more accessible to the average consumer.

2.25% usage of 21:9 monitors and 0.30% usage of 32:9 monitors that's not even close to be considered as popular.
Even 4k is only used 3.71% and not really popular even with gpus getting pretty powerful for 4k gaming these days.
(numbers are based of the Steam Hardware & Software Survey. Not 100% accurate but it gives a good glimpse of the low low portion of people that actually own a UW monitor)

You can say that 1440p is in fact popular these days with the slowly increasing amount of players using one over 1080p lol.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Jul 8, 2024, 5:28:22 PM
And even then it's among all Steam players. Ask anyone if they play PoE on ultra settings + 4K resolution. Wonder what kinda alien technology rig you'd need to achieve solid performance in endgame with that
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
btw why we cant have a "widescreen / zoomed out mode" while maintaining the full size of the screen. it has clearly advantages to the gameplay and preferred by many gamers. sounds for me a great feature to advertise by GGG and to "modernize" the game :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info