widescreen resolution removed from the game.

Day 83. Bump. Fix it.

lol @ anyone suggesting this change was legitimate
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
"
vio wrote:
"
Smooshfaced wrote:
This theory is 100% wrong and let me tell you why.

it's a theory, yes.

"
Smooshfaced wrote:
Your theory assumes that GGG stopped rendering things at a wider than 21:9 ratio at the server level

the server doesn't render stuff, that's done by the client.
the server has a certain activation radius where mosnters are freed from their t-pose position and start moving.

"
Smooshfaced wrote:
Everything is still there

even monsters and boxes? because the level design is transfered to the client at the time of the entering of the level.

"
Smooshfaced wrote:
I would kindly ask that you not spread misinformation in an attempt to defend a bad decision.

i would kindly ask you to remember, that even you wrote, that it's just a theory of mine.

I'm too lazy to break your responses into separate quotes, so they get numbered.

1. Let's not make up random stuff to justify unjustifiable information. It's like a rumor, it then just gets spread around and people start believing it.

2. I'm sorry I used the word render in relation to the server, lazy mistake. The server and client interaction didn't change. The monsters and boxes are still there and they are still active and moving just as they were in 3.18. Activation radius didn't change, neither did what is sent to the client. There is zero difference between what was and what is, other than having blinders added to the screen so you can't see what's happening behind them.

3. See #2, the monsters and boxes are all there, the server is sending all of that data to the client still, it's just hidden by black bars.

4. Theories are still misinformation and often get repeated over and over by others until people start believing them. It doesn't matter that you are wrong or have zero basis in truth, it can still be damaging. Look at how hard people in the US are fighting against misinformation and lies in regard to politics, COVID, and other important areas.
It's so obvious who here in this thread does not own a monitor capable of 32:9. If you did, you would be advocating for removal of black bars and supporting us. If you do not own a 32:9 capable monitor you are clearly here to spout misinformation because you are either (1) jealous or (2) trolling.

In any case, most of us who own actual 32:9 monitors have moved on to other games. I am personally just waiting to see if they fix this in 3.20 (along with a number of other glaring issues).

Worst case scenario? I play World of Warcraft Dragonflight and Diablo 4. Both of which supports 32:9

"
XeoTech wrote:
It's so obvious who here in this thread does not own a monitor capable of 32:9. If you did, you would be advocating for removal of black bars and supporting us. If you do not own a 32:9 capable monitor you are clearly here to spout misinformation because you are either (1) jealous or (2) trolling.

In any case, most of us who own actual 32:9 monitors have moved on to other games. I am personally just waiting to see if they fix this in 3.20 (along with a number of other glaring issues).

Worst case scenario? I play World of Warcraft Dragonflight and Diablo 4. Both of which supports 32:9

I'm with you, I'm not coming back to PoE until it supports my hardware. That's the bottom line. Sucks since I've played since beta and it's been my main game that entire time. Since this change, I played the league a bit, couldn't stand it, and uninstalled.

It is what it is. There are plenty of games out there that are more than happy to support my hardware and take my money. I do miss playing PoE, but the experience is jarring and uncomfortable now.
Surprised to see black bars in this game.
"
XeoTech wrote:
It's so obvious who here in this thread does not own a monitor capable of 32:9.

I do not have a 32:9 monitor. This issue does not affect me. But this issue is something that should never have happened and their explanations make me upset. I am not going to play the game again until this is fixed. If they do this to you, what are they going to do to me?

It's like if someone comes into my neighbor's house and breaks all his stuff. That's a problem for me. I have a problem with that.
"
grybranix wrote:
"
XeoTech wrote:
It's so obvious who here in this thread does not own a monitor capable of 32:9.

I do not have a 32:9 monitor. This issue does not affect me. But this issue is something that should never have happened and their explanations make me upset. I am not going to play the game again until this is fixed. If they do this to you, what are they going to do to me?

It's like if someone comes into my neighbor's house and breaks all his stuff. That's a problem for me. I have a problem with that.

Respect. 👍👍
Last edited by XeoTech on Nov 12, 2022, 2:31:15 PM
"
XeoTech wrote:
It's so obvious who here in this thread does not own a monitor capable of 32:9. If you did, you would be advocating for removal of black bars and supporting us.

I don't own a 32:9 screen. I hope it is OK if I still think black bars are a really dumb idea. I know black bars from Starcraft II on a 21:9 screen, and know how annoying they can be - and in PoE, there really isn't a good reason for why they should exist (Starcraft II is a slightly different matter, given that it is a competitive game).

Apart from that, I am not sure everyone who doesn't own a 32:9 is jealous, not sure you are helping your cause with that accusation. 32:9 screens are awesome (I suppose, as I said, I do not own one), but they are probably not the right thing for everyone.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Bump. Still haven't played since day 4 of the league.

Revert this awful change please.
Bump. Still can't see the vision I'm behind black bars

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info