widescreen resolution removed from the game.

"
vio wrote:

I don't know how many times it needs to be repeated for you to understand, but it doesn't matter if there there were no players facing problems with ultrawide support.

Glad to see you agree that this is stupid and has no legitimate rationale from GGG.

Fix it.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Diablo 4 will bully your lunch money way from you GGG. Game is in its worst state ever. But i guess you think that we all still play on crt monitors. Maybe if I begin breaking forum rules on here, someone will read this thread?
82 days of dumb.

Fix it.
"
vio wrote:
"
tackle70 wrote:
Bump. Fix this stupidity GGG.

stop the insults, they will have their reasons.

and i got a theory:

players abused the game's implementation by watching the loading of client side assets from the resourcefile.

this is directly related to the information the server sends to the client and the client side's activation radius.

ggg's bugfix for that tool came nearly at the same time they fixed non-supported resolutions.

--

my theory is, they had to reduce what assets are loaded on the client side and what information the server sends to the client at a time.

which would have removed all assets you see left ad right on ultra-widescreen monitors.

so they just put black bars there. say a huge fank you to all those assholes exploiting the game :)

--

ggg can probably fix whats serialised to the client but sending this info just in time is bad for those with slow internet connections and/or running poe on toasters.

This theory is 100% wrong and let me tell you why. Your theory assumes that GGG stopped rendering things at a wider than 21:9 ratio at the server level and is not sending this data to the client anymore. This is not true, because there is a client side "fix" that removes the black bars. Literally all the fix does is remove black bars. Everything is still there, all assets are still being rendered, including enemies, and sent from the servers to the client. Arguably, apparently the special Kalandra lake water at the edges of the screen looks less appealing.

What does this mean, not only did GGG consciously decide to make our hardware not work properly, they didn't actually change the server or client load or give either of us back processing power or bandwidth with their change. My computer works just as hard to render content, it just hides off screen behind bars now.

I would kindly ask that you not spread misinformation in an attempt to defend a bad decision.
"
Smooshfaced wrote:
"
vio wrote:
"
tackle70 wrote:
Bump. Fix this stupidity GGG.

stop the insults, they will have their reasons.

and i got a theory:

players abused the game's implementation by watching the loading of client side assets from the resourcefile.

this is directly related to the information the server sends to the client and the client side's activation radius.

ggg's bugfix for that tool came nearly at the same time they fixed non-supported resolutions.

--

my theory is, they had to reduce what assets are loaded on the client side and what information the server sends to the client at a time.

which would have removed all assets you see left ad right on ultra-widescreen monitors.

so they just put black bars there. say a huge fank you to all those assholes exploiting the game :)

--

ggg can probably fix whats serialised to the client but sending this info just in time is bad for those with slow internet connections and/or running poe on toasters.

This theory is 100% wrong and let me tell you why. Your theory assumes that GGG stopped rendering things at a wider than 21:9 ratio at the server level and is not sending this data to the client anymore. This is not true, because there is a client side "fix" that removes the black bars. Literally all the fix does is remove black bars. Everything is still there, all assets are still being rendered, including enemies, and sent from the servers to the client. Arguably, apparently the special Kalandra lake water at the edges of the screen looks less appealing.

What does this mean, not only did GGG consciously decide to make our hardware not work properly, they didn't actually change the server or client load or give either of us back processing power or bandwidth with their change. My computer works just as hard to render content, it just hides off screen behind bars now.

I would kindly ask that you not spread misinformation in an attempt to defend a bad decision.

QFT.

There were no player facing problems, AND any backend problems will still be there because they are still rendering everything.

In other words, GGG are being real dumb and there's no excuse for this nonsense.

Fix it.
bumpers
S L O W E R
I've put so much time and money into this game just to get fucked over because of stupid decisions. Let's just hope that D4 will be better. At least they got 32:9 support.
"
Smooshfaced wrote:
This theory is 100% wrong and let me tell you why.

it's a theory, yes.

"
Smooshfaced wrote:
Your theory assumes that GGG stopped rendering things at a wider than 21:9 ratio at the server level

the server doesn't render stuff, that's done by the client.
the server has a certain activation radius where mosnters are freed from their t-pose position and start moving.

"
Smooshfaced wrote:
Everything is still there

even monsters and boxes? because the level design is transfered to the client at the time of the entering of the level.

"
Smooshfaced wrote:

i would kindly ask you to remember, that even you wrote, that it's just a theory of mine.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
i would kindly ask you to remember, that even you wrote, that it's just a theory of mine.

"It's just a theory" is a bad excuse, though. If the theory is wrong, it should not be spread. Just like the theory that the Earth is flat - it's just a theory, but it is obviously wrong, and it should not be spread.

That said, I do not know whether your theory is wrong.

But if what Smooshfaced says in his first paragraph is true, then even if GGG is right to remove the 32:9 aspect ratio support (which I think they are not, I'd prefer T-posing to no rendering at all, or at least to be given the option), they did it in the most hilariously inefficient way.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
vio wrote:

"It's just a theory" is a bad excuse, though. If the theory is wrong, it should not be spread. Just like the theory that the Earth is flat - it's just a theory, but it is obviously wrong, and it should not be spread.

That said, I do not know whether your theory is wrong.

But if what Smooshfaced says in his first paragraph is true, then even if GGG is right to remove the 32:9 aspect ratio support (which I think they are not, I'd prefer T-posing to no rendering at all, or at least to be given the option), they did it in the most hilariously inefficient way.

you never see monsters t-posing if activation isn't bugged, just activated ones. and i'm waiting for their statement too as i got 1cm bars left and right cause i bought a monitor suitable for gaming.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info