widescreen resolution removed from the game.

Daily bump. Fix it.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
This is turning into a legendary meme.
"
XeoTech wrote:
This is turning into a legendary meme.

it's not. it's obviously just 5 to 10 players having a problem with it.

for a meme you would need a much wider audience. which bears the question why there aren't more people complaining.

maybe it doesn't make sense to pester developers cause fixing the issue is in their very own interest.

thing is, if they rush the issue and the solution turns out suboptimal (all monsters spawning in front of my nose), your account names here are burnt for eternity like those who pestered ggg to implement instanced loot or shitstormed them to trivialise the labyrinth challenge.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
which bears the question why there aren't more people complaining.

maybe it doesn't make sense to pester developers cause fixing the issue is in their very own interest.

thing is, if they rush the issue and the solution turns out suboptimal (all monsters spawning in front of my nose), your account names here are burnt for eternity like those who pestered ggg to implement instanced loot or shitstormed them to trivialise the labyrinth challenge.

1) It's pretty obvious why not a lot of people are complaining - what percentage of the population plays on $1000+ displays? Not many. It would be like if PoE bricked support for the RTX 4090. That would be equally stupid, but not many people would complain, because not many people spend that kind of cash on a GPU.

2) I don't know how many times it needs to be repeated for you to understand, but there were no player facing problems with ultrawide support. There is no threat of a sub-optimal solution, because THE SOLUTION WAS ALREADY IN THE GAME UNTIL GGG BRICKED IT FOR NO REASON. /rant

Daily bump. Fix it, GGG.
I'd imagine also that most of us who were playing POE in 32:9 have moved on to other games.

I have.
Hypothesis: This is because GGG thinks that PoE is a competitive game.

I mean, they worry about people getting to 100 on their ladder too fast. They host speedrun competitions. They recently fantasized about "bragging rights" for high-level characters in Ruthless mode.

And yeah, 32:9 might give a minor competitive advantage. But who cares? I guess next to no one. I would estimate that the vast majority of players, certainly the vast majority of players I've met in this game, play the game to relax and have fun, and not to have the biggest epeen. Also, I don't think I've ever heard anyone complain about others having an advantage because of 32:9. Which you can simulate on a smaller display anyway, if you really wanted to.

Maybe 32:9 would still be a thing if a certain streamer hadn't played in extremely wide (on a normal aspect ratio monitor) for at least a while.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
how is this not fixed?
^

Fix it.
Day 81 of GGG burying their head in a bucket of 2001 sand.

Fix it.
"
tackle70 wrote:

2) I don't know how many times it needs to be repeated for you to understand, but there were no player facing problems with ultrawide support. There is no threat of a sub-optimal solution, because THE SOLUTION WAS ALREADY IN THE GAME UNTIL GGG BRICKED IT FOR NO REASON. /rant

I don't know how many times it needs to be repeated for you to understand, but it doesn't matter if there there were no players facing problems with ultrawide support.

and it would be nice to know ggg's reasons for the change and i hope there will not be a "suboptimal solution"
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info