widescreen resolution removed from the game.

"
Vequis_uk wrote:
Can't wait to compete in CS2 and beat everyone due to my pay to win monitor, idk why the other professional players didnt think of this, easy money, muahahahahaaaaaaa
Ultrawide doesn't give you much in games like CS2. 360hz however? That's an entirely different story.
"
Echothesis wrote:
"
SilverWF wrote:
67% of Steam users are playing at 16:10 (in full HD)

I am sorry, but we are majority, so WE should be in the priority of the gaming experience.

Ultra-wide users are minority (not remaining 33% - way less!), so, at least, you shouldn't have an advantage.

What about PC performance:
User could drastically lower his settings and continue playing just fine again.

16:10 user could NOT change any settings for free to be able to see a picture by 3 screens wider!
Stop bringing this absurd example here!

You seem to be missing the point: with proper fog of war, no one expects UW users to see 3 times more monsters, and with proper skill range balance, no one expects UW users to actually damage monsters beyond "most commonly used" range corresponding to 16:9 or 16:10.

Black bars is neither, it never fixed any problem with offscreen gaming, it can be avoided, and it looks like a split second decision of "top brass demanded we do something about it", and it brought more player inconvenience than fair play. As with many poe designs sadly.

You are missing the point there is no FoW at all

You are missing the point I actually asked to make proper zoom level for 16:10 users if you want to keep your UW advantage

Until that - hell no.
Auctioneer House - is a MUST!
"
Vequis_uk wrote:
Can't wait to compete in CS2 and beat everyone due to my pay to win monitor, idk why the other professional players didnt think of this, easy money, muahahahahaaaaaaa

Most (!) games acting with UW in specific manner: they are making vertical crop too, so there is not much added from sides.

POE is different story

Why you can't read previous pages? It all were already discussed!
"
SilverWF wrote:
"
Vequis_uk wrote:

Most (!) games acting with UW in specific manner: they are making vertical crop too, so there is not much added from sides.

POE is different story

Play tell, name at least one modern online competitive arpg project using black bars :) I hope you weren't trying to compare poe to 1st person shooters or RTS.
"
Echothesis wrote:
"
SilverWF wrote:
"
Vequis_uk wrote:

POE is different story

Play tell, name at least one modern online competitive arpg project using black bars :) I hope you weren't trying to compare poe to 1st person shooters or RTS.
Lost Ark, Diablo 2:R, Diablo 4, Elden Ring.

Pray tell, why are you even part of this "discussion" when it is evident you are not even playing on a ultra widescreen? Neither are you affected nor are you contributing to anything other than being unnecessarily combatitive.

Talk about argueing for the sake of argueing.
Last edited by Ulsarek on Jun 3, 2024, 12:50:55 PM
"
Echothesis wrote:
"
SilverWF wrote:
"
Vequis_uk wrote:

POE is different story

How is your post is even relevant to my?
1 year, 290 days

Black bars are not acceptable or defensible

Fix it
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
"
Ulsarek wrote:

Pray tell, why are you even part of this "discussion" when it is evident you are not even playing on a ultra widescreen? Neither are you affected nor are you contributing to anything other than being unnecessarily combatitive.

... D4 and Lost Ark support widescreen, D2R is not modern (limited by old D2 engine), Elden is not an arpg:)

Pray tell, did you actually read post you were replying to? No need to drag this down to personalities if you cannot prove me wrong logically.
"
Echothesis wrote:
"
Ulsarek wrote:

... D4 and Lost Ark support widescreen, D2R is not modern (limited by old D2 engine), Elden is not an arpg:)

Pray tell, did you actually read post you were replying to? No need to drag this down to personalities if you cannot prove me wrong logically.

Lost ark does not support ultra wide without any third party plugin.
D4 does have black bars with 32:9 just like Poe does.

As is for elden ring

"
Elden Ring is a 2022 action role-playing game developed by FromSoftware.

Clearly a arpg as you can find out on your own upon the first google search of the games name. And yes the game has also no support for ultra wide either.

D2R is fairly modern as it was just released a few years ago.

Better make some research before you try to spread false informations, or maybe get a ultra wide monitor so you get at least some proper first hand experience with the different aspect ratio and modern gaming.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Jun 3, 2024, 9:45:59 PM
"
Echothesis wrote:
"
Ulsarek wrote:

Lost Ark doesn't support 32:9, neither does Diablo 4. They support 21:9 though. Guess which game doesn't support 32:9 but 21:9? Exactly, Path of Exile. Are you moving goal posts now to fit your narrative?

D2:R being a remaster makes it fairly modern. And by definition, since you like to pretend being oh so accurate, Elden Ring indeed sits in the Action Role Playing Game genre - just what you asked for.

You should stop. It's becoming embarrassing.

Also, to prove you wrong:

Amazing 32:9 support D4 sports there, just like you said! Now hush.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info