widescreen resolution removed from the game.

"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
Echothesis wrote:
Yep. If you as a developer care about fair play, your solution should actually enforce fair play without projectiles flying 2+ screens away, and without everyone and their dog bypassing said solution. Those black bars look like 5 min fix without thought for consequences.

You are so right, Echo. I just didn't realise you are advocating for GGG to prevent people from using Windowed mode for resizing to UW resolution. But now that you clarified, I can say we're on the same team! :)

Yep, in current state this supposed "fair play fix" should either be completed to be actual fair play (suggestions on how to make it work without resorting to black bars were listed above many times by different people), or be removed, because black bars alone achieve nothing but looking as another pointless "screw you".

"
Nomancs wrote:
Is this suddenly about various builds perform differently in various situations? If every build would be exactly same - why even having more than one? If you would be a developer, would you just just implement only one build? No one would play such boring game. And yes, 5min fix is still better than no fix.

Stop advocating for p2w.

You called having bigger monitor (which is irrelevant in the first place as playing poe endgame means mashing 1 button regardless of what is happening on screen) a p2w advantage, yet you are ok with many skills having reach exceeding AI reaction radius? And FOV still allowing different aspect ratios? I am confused, what kind of "advantage" is ok?
Last edited by Echothesis on Jun 3, 2024, 5:41:01 AM
"
Echothesis wrote:

You called having bigger monitor (which is irrelevant in the first place as playing poe endgame means mashing 1 button regardless of what is happening on screen) a p2w advantage, yet you are ok with many skills having reach exceeding AI reaction radius? And FOV still allowing different aspect ratios? I am confused, what kind of "advantage" is ok?

Builds don't cost real money, monitors does. Stop advocating for p2w.
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
Okay, so people should take care to all buy same monitor for gaming, to avoid getting banned by p2w?

"
SilverWF wrote:
"
Echothesis wrote:
I found my monitor in the junk heap, please allow me to play without bars! Pretty please?:)

By this logic, what about those who pay for torpedo PC rigs, and have way smoother performance than some GTX950 guys? Is it p2w too and the game should artificially limit performance like Apple did?:)

Absolutely irrelevant example.

No any FPS, even 1 million, allows you to see 2 screens more, than 16:10 user.

This is an actual non-debatable advantage

Example was actually relevant, if offtopic here. To combat map shuffler abusers, GGG has to make PoE engine use the laziest load possible, so all assets/shaders are loaded/compiled when they first appear on screen, which severely degrades performance. How many times have you died to a lag spikes on your first map per gaming session? With poe "balance", 1-2 sec without player input may spill death in juiced content.

Thus having extra powerful pc really helps to overcome this lazy loading, and by Mr.Nomancs's logic, should be called p2w advantage.

Do you guys not see how funny is it what you're trying to defend?:)
Last edited by Echothesis on Jun 3, 2024, 5:53:01 AM
"
Echothesis wrote:
Okay, so people should take care to all buy same monitor for gaming, to avoid getting banned by p2w?

Nope, people should see same game area despite what monitor they purchased. Stop advocating for buying game advantage for real money.

And stop adding what I could or could not think, thanks.

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
Last edited by Nomancs on Jun 3, 2024, 5:58:33 AM
Okay, so what should we do with 16:9 seeing more game area than 4:3?:)
"
Echothesis wrote:
Okay, so what should we do with 16:9 seeing more game area than 4:3?:)

Or just stick with most commonly used? xD

67% of Steam users are playing at 16:10 (in full HD)

I am sorry, but we are majority, so WE should be in the priority of the gaming experience.

Ultra-wide users are minority (not remaining 33% - way less!), so, at least, you shouldn't have an advantage.

What about PC performance:
User could drastically lower his settings and continue playing just fine again.

16:10 user could NOT change any settings for free to be able to see a picture by 3 screens wider!
Stop bringing this absurd example here!
Auctioneer House - is a MUST!
Last edited by SilverWF on Jun 3, 2024, 7:13:52 AM
"
SilverWF wrote:
67% of Steam users are playing at 16:10 (in full HD)

I am sorry, but we are majority, so WE should be in the priority of the gaming experience.

Ultra-wide users are minority (not remaining 33% - way less!), so, at least, you shouldn't have an advantage.

What about PC performance:
User could drastically lower his settings and continue playing just fine again.

16:10 user could NOT change any settings for free to be able to see a picture by 3 screens wider!
Stop bringing this absurd example here!

You seem to be missing the point: with proper fog of war, no one expects UW users to see 3 times more monsters, and with proper skill range balance, no one expects UW users to actually damage monsters beyond "most commonly used" range corresponding to 16:9 or 16:10.

Black bars is neither, it never fixed any problem with offscreen gaming, it can be avoided, and it looks like a split second decision of "top brass demanded we do something about it", and it brought more player inconvenience than fair play. As with many poe designs sadly.
Can't wait to compete in CS2 and beat everyone due to my pay to win monitor, idk why the other professional players didnt think of this, easy money, muahahahahaaaaaaa
"
Vequis_uk wrote:
Can't wait to compete in CS2 and beat everyone due to my pay to win monitor, idk why the other professional players didnt think of this, easy money, muahahahahaaaaaaa

are you trying to tell us that cs2 is arpg and have no fov setting for EVERYONE? lol xD

Last edited by Nomancs on Jun 3, 2024, 7:38:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info