widescreen resolution removed from the game.

"
Pashid wrote:

Lost ark does not support ultra wide without any third party plugin.
D4 does have black bars with 32:9 just like Poe does.

As is for elden ring

"
Elden Ring is a 2022 action role-playing game developed by FromSoftware.

Clearly a arpg as you can find out on your own upon the first google search of the games name. And yes the game has also no support for ultra wide either.

D2R is fairly modern as it was just released a few years ago.

Better make some research before you try to spread false informations, or maybe get a ultra wide monitor so you get at least some proper first hand experience with the different aspect ratio and modern gaming.

Okay, you found a word to latch on to. Elden ring is formally arpg, but it has 3rd person view, making FOV restrictions actually mandatory. I should've added "top down view" to my clarification above. You surely understood what I meant even without it, but couldn't resist :)

"
Lost Ark doesn't support 32:9, neither does Diablo 4. They support 21:9 though. Guess which game doesn't support 32:9 but 21:9? Exactly, Path of Exile. Are you moving goal posts now to fit your narrative?

D2:R being a remaster makes it fairly modern. And by definition, since you like to pretend being oh so accurate, Elden Ring indeed sits in the Action Role Playing Game genre - just what you asked for.

You should stop. It's becoming embarrassing.

About D2R, only "modern" about it are alternative graphics assets. If you think they've rewritten whole game for the sake of remaster, that's not how business works. Point of remasters is to extract additional revenue for minimum development cost. Otherwise, the supposed full budget would have been better used on truly modern project, rather than niche one D2R is.

About 32:9 I am aware of how D4 works, and blizz doesn't make a fuss GGG does about people using creative means to get it to work. Note the suitable UI on your screenshots, while PoE UI is streched all the way to different screen corners, making it impossible to read while UW. Those differences count towards "supports UW" vs "not supports UW".

[Removed by Support] Posting screenshots in this forum is pain, so glad you did that for me:)
Last edited by Jenn_GGG on Jun 4, 2024, 2:39:11 AM
Path of Exile specifically at some point added an option that allows you to center your UI. Once again your argument is invalid.
"
Ulsarek wrote:
Path of Exile specifically at some point added an option that allows you to center your UI. Once again your argument is invalid.

Didn't know about that, good if it works.

Since moderators started jumping at me, there is little point in continuing though. So far haven't seen an argument against what I said 2 pages ago, about why the rest of black bars solution working rather poorly and should either be fixed or removed. If you have UW monitor and like playing poe as it is, good for you.
"
Echothesis wrote:
So far haven't seen an argument against what I said 2 pages ago, about why the rest of black bars solution working rather poorly and should either be fixed or removed.

There are no defensible arguments in favor of black bars, and none have been offered in 1 year, 291 days.

Fix it.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
"
tackle70 wrote:

There are no defensible arguments in favor of black bars, and none have been offered in 1 year, 291 days.

Fix it.

It was said multiple times that competitive play is a thing and it was also mentioned multiple times that it would take a lot of work to get the 32:9 mess sorted out in a proper way without giving players a advantage or causing issues for the server itself.
If it was that easy to fix many game devs would have done it by now but many don't even bother the headaches and waste of money for reasons.

Getting a proper widely supported monitor is in fact the way to fix the problem even after 1 year and 291 days~
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
That's why you don't give PoE players a taste of unfair advantages. They will complain until they die to get it back and will gaslight anyone that disagrees with them.

At least the one-handed 6L crowd got the hint, so that's nice.
Ruthless should be [Removed by Support].
Last edited by AdRonZh3Ro on Jun 4, 2024, 4:50:45 PM
"
AdRonZh3Ro wrote:
That's why you don't give PoE players a taste of unfair advantages.

https://www.pathofexile.com/shop/category/stash-tabs

lol
Affordable to everyone QoL extra storage vs unaffordable for most massive gameplay advantage which goes all the way down to hitting and seeing enemies outside of their aggro radius.
What a really desperate and bad comparison lol.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Jun 4, 2024, 10:28:56 PM
"
Pashid wrote:
Affordable to everyone QoL extra storage vs unaffordable for most massive gameplay advantage which goes all the way down to hitting and seeing enemies outside of their aggro radius.
What a really desperate and bad comparison lol.

So lock the game to 1080p 60

That's what most people can afford.

Imagine giving an unfair advantage to others

Lol... You black bar folks and your specious reasoning are amusing at least
Last edited by tackle70 on Jun 4, 2024, 10:36:03 PM
1 year, 292 days

Fix it

Report Forum Post