widescreen resolution removed from the game.

"
Echothesis wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:
No to unfair advantage, thanks.

Fully agreed, and in case of PoE black bars do absolutely nothing to combat unfair advantage even if they were immutable :)

If we are going to copypaste same thing without actually addressing contradicting arguments above, I can do it too, you still haven't explained why am I wrong in your opinion :)

because it has nothing related with you dying in-game - your deaths have nothing to do with extra paid advantage from extra FOV. Stop playing glass cannons :)
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
Last edited by Nomancs on Jun 2, 2024, 2:36:26 AM
I was speaking about killing mobs offscreen, not dying. Latter was an attempt to derail the point from another guy :)

If you build such character, you will die less simply because nothing except pinnacle bosses will ever notice you. Which fits unfair advantage definition. Black bars limit player visibility, but no elite player relies on visibility in this game. Why try to make out things in the clusterfuck when you can make 360 degrees autobomber?

Hence the black bars serve no balancing purpose other than looking ugly and archaic in 2024.
So for you picking build with better clear or build for bossing (better free tool for a job) is equal to p2w advantage - for me not, REAL money shouldn't buy advantage.
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
Last edited by Nomancs on Jun 2, 2024, 6:08:21 AM
What if a UW monitor costs the same as a 1080p monitor? Would this be ok then?
I found my monitor in the junk heap, please allow me to play without bars! Pretty please?:)

By this logic, what about those who pay for torpedo PC rigs, and have way smoother performance than some GTX950 guys? Is it p2w too and the game should artificially limit performance like Apple did?:)
Last edited by Echothesis on Jun 2, 2024, 11:43:03 AM
"
Vequis_uk wrote:
What if a UW monitor costs the same as a 1080p monitor? Would this be ok then?

1. It is not the same and "whatif" aint work here

2. It's not only monitor's price - to get the same FPS in the same detail level you need also way better other hardware, starting with GPU.
Auctioneer House - is a MUST!
"
Echothesis wrote:
I found my monitor in the junk heap, please allow me to play without bars! Pretty please?:)

By this logic, what about those who pay for torpedo PC rigs, and have way smoother performance than some GTX950 guys? Is it p2w too and the game should artificially limit performance like Apple did?:)

Absolutely irrelevant example.

No any FPS, even 1 million, allows you to see 2 screens more, than 16:10 user.

This is an actual non-debatable advantage
Auctioneer House - is a MUST!
But you could use a 5120x1440 monitor and scale the resolution to 800x600 and run it on a toaster. So if you go to work and buy nice things you are a bad person and deserve for your hardware to not work?

You guys are too funny, love the logic
"
Vequis_uk wrote:
But you could use a 5120x1440 monitor and scale the resolution to 800x600 and run it on a toaster. So if you go to work and buy nice things you are a bad person and deserve for your hardware to not work?

You guys are too funny, love the logic

The hardware works. You just don't get to play in a resolution and with a field of view that people who don't have this hardware have access to, and within the limitations the game sets for everyone equally.
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
1 year, 289 days

Fix it
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info