widescreen resolution removed from the game.

1 year, 283 days

Fix it, GGG

Thank you black bar crew for helping keep this problem at the top
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
I'd say: ultra-wide resolutions gives an unfair advantage for that users

I.e. better view of the battlefield and better immersion

So fix the zoom level for everyone or for nobody

Thanks.
Auctioneer House - is a MUST!
Bigger physical screen also provides battlefield view advantage for same screen resolution! Following GGG's logic from this thread, they should letterbox the render completely for those cases, that will teach the abusers:)
"
Echothesis wrote:
Bigger physical screen also provides battlefield view advantage for same screen resolution! Following GGG's logic from this thread, they should letterbox the render completely for those cases, that will teach the abusers:)

Not, it isn't

I have 2k 32" monitor and trust me - the view is the same as anyone could see at his 24" full HD

Only because it is 16:10 so everything scales in the same ratio

Which can't be said about some crazy wide screens.
I know what dpi is, but when you bring driver upscaling to the picture, you can physically see same image in more detail even with resolution lower than native, compared to other guy playing with his 17" laptop, which may have same resolution formally, but his eye won't pick smaller details, like purple crystals or other ground degen shit.

Point is, if we actually consider aspect ratio an unfair advantage, how about consigning all race event players here to use same screen resolution? If not, double standards are right here.
"
Echothesis wrote:
I know what dpi is, but when you bring driver upscaling to the picture, you can physically see same image in more detail even with resolution lower than native, compared to other guy playing with his 17" laptop, which may have same resolution formally, but his eye won't pick smaller details, like purple crystals or other ground degen shit.

Point is, if we actually consider aspect ratio an unfair advantage, how about consigning all race event players here to use same screen resolution? If not, double standards are right here.

You couldn't be serious when comparing detail level (which is lowered anyway, because of perfect (not) engine and his stutters on heavy battles) and bigger by 2 or even 3 screens view area!
"
and bigger by 2 or even 3 screens view area!

It is not bigger, thats the whole focal point of absurd. Or at least it should not be. Actor replication area (called serialization distance in GGG posts) is centered on the player and should not stretch all the way to widescreen edges. If you remove black bars, you should see empty landscape, mobs will disappear into thin air at some distance, and cannot be interacted with.

However we know that PoE has larger replication zone, with every ranger build offscreening mobs far away and navigating by the sound of lootfilter. This is the actual unfair advantage, and should've been fixed by either capping projectile distance, reducing replication area, or implementing fog of war to smoothly hide the distant monsters on widescreen.

GGG instead did nothing with projectile offscreening and slapped black bars, which imho achieve nothing aside from alienating widescreen owners.
"
SilverWF wrote:
"
Echothesis wrote:

Not, it isn't

I have 2k 32" monitor and trust me - the view is the same as anyone could see at his 24" full HD

Last edited by XeoTech on May 27, 2024, 10:56:30 AM
del
Last edited by SilverWF on May 27, 2024, 11:18:28 AM
"
XeoTech wrote:
"
SilverWF wrote:
"
Echothesis wrote:

Not, it isn't

Just wanna let you know, that me at my 16:10 screen would see this

Not a big deal you say?

In fact it is, because in real it would be like that:

so the 1/3 of remaining screen would be eaten by UI elements
Last edited by SilverWF on May 27, 2024, 11:18:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info