widescreen resolution removed from the game.

1 year, 284 days

Fix it
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
1 year, 285 days

Fix it
Watched this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flllaEftryc

This is unfair advantage right here!

There shouldn't be that kind of advantages!

or

make 16:10 screens (and similar ratios) bigger overall zoom!
Auctioneer House - is a MUST!
Last edited by SilverWF on May 29, 2024, 5:42:04 PM
"
SilverWF wrote:
Watched this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flllaEftryc

This is unfair advantage right here!

There shouldn't be that kind of advantages!

or

make 16:10 screens (and similar ratios) bigger overall zoom!

1) This is a noncompetitive PvE game. You do not have a competitive advantage over other players with a 32:9 screen because in this game you are by definition not competing against other players. Outside of prize races and PvP, where I agree this should be addressed, this entire argument is a non sequitor.

2) Even if the above were untrue, there are many advantages allowed to players based on hardware and the use of real money. There is no logical reason to single out 32:9 as problematic. This is just GGG picking on a minority part of its user base because it's a minority so GGG can get away with it. High refresh rate is at least as much an advantage as wide aspect ratio, but the community would freak out if GGG hard capped the game to 60fps 1080p,so they don't do it, even though that would make the game - according to the logic often seen in favor of black bars - more "fair".

3) You can still play the game at 32:9 if you spend 30 seconds reading through this game's pcgamingwiki page if you are willing to enter a grey area that might risk a possible TOS violation. So even if this gives an unfair advantage and even if bad actors can use it for exploits, GGG hasn't solved anything, because bad actors who find a way to exploit with 32:9 can still easily do so.

There is simply no world where black bars make any sense in this game.

1 year, 286 days

Fix it
Last edited by tackle70 on May 30, 2024, 6:52:08 AM
The fact that there are leaderboards for even mundane things like acquired currency stands in stark opposition to your claim that Path of Exile isn't competitive.

This isn't Skyrim, tackle.
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
The fact that there are leaderboards for even mundane things like acquired currency stands in stark opposition to your claim that Path of Exile isn't competitive.

https://www.speedrun.com/skyrim

The existence of leaderboards does not transform a PvE game into a competitive PvP game.

Also, as I've argued at length, even if you are right, it still does not follow logically that black bars are a reasonable thing to put in this game.
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

https://www.speedrun.com/skyrim

The existence of leaderboards does not transform a PvE game into a competitive PvP game.

Also, as I've argued at length, even if you are right, it still does not follow logically that black bars are a reasonable thing to put in this game.

Funny that you bring up challenge runs though. They have highly regulated rulesets to ensure everyone competes under the same circumstances, including mods used, behaviour in game, rules for bugs etc.
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
"
tackle70 wrote:

1) This is a noncompetitive PvE game.

It's very competitive in many ways.
But all the fighting and false information ain't gonna make GGG to change their stance about a reasonable made change.
So you can either live with the black bars, something you are going to encounter a lot in various games as 32:9 is just not widely supported yet, mostly for giving good reasons.
Or you start to solve the problem on your own by replacing your workspace monitor with a proper gaming monitor. 21:9 is more supported in most games but if you don't want to risk any black bars during gaming you could get a pretty nice and big 4k in case you have the proper hardware to make use of it, or a large 1440p screen.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on May 30, 2024, 11:48:28 AM
Apparently some people can't distinguish between competitive PvP games and non-competitive PvE games.

Wowzers. Let me try and help y'all out...

The fact that people can voluntarily compete with each other in a game mode does not make that game mode competitive PvP. Case in point: Skyrim, which is hilarious that you guys brought up as an example of a game without leaderboards.

If the PvP portion of a game mode is opt-in for players, that game mode itself is non-competitive by definition. Competitive PvP games and modes are those where participation in the game is participation in competition against other players e.g. any PvP shooter. The only people competing in the main PoE leagues are a tiny minority of opt-in competitive players, just like speed runners in Skyrim. I can get a group of people together and compete to win the most Solitaire games in an hour, and that would not suddenly make Solitaire a competitive PvP game. Skyrim and PoE are the exact same - they are noncompetitive PvE games, and all your collective arguments in favor of black bars in PoE continue to be wildly fallacious.

1 day, 287 days.

Fix it
Last edited by tackle70 on May 31, 2024, 8:29:00 AM
"
tackle70 wrote:
Apparently some people can't distinguish between competitive PvP games and non-competitive PvE games.

"
tackle70 wrote:

Even you consider it competitive
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info