[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Ghost285 wrote:
"
WinterHiko wrote:
Craft of exile puts crafting a cluster with both at a cost of 1300C and 20k clicks, with a 63% confidence rate if you use alt+aug+regal. Price on trade should go down a bit after a time to 4-5div but crafting seems out of reach.

Do you want some "rofl" situation guys?

I tried to find ES\Eva armpur on trade with the modes + % INCREASED INTELLIGENCE and crafted + % ATTRIBUTES... And...
NOTHING! No one sell armour with such mods!
Perhaps devs just wiped these mods in this league. Lol that will be a great suck without these mods in the endgame.

Its a few days into league not surprising that End Game chests aren't crafted yet
@raz_raziel -- don't buy an astramentis, actually. Instead, purchase 3 polymath cards. Last I checked, 3 of them were cheaper than the cheapest amulet. Also, you get a chance to roll a good one that you can sell to buy 3 more cards and have chaos left over!
"
Xuvali wrote:
"
Ghost285 wrote:
"
WinterHiko wrote:
Craft of exile puts crafting a cluster with both at a cost of 1300C and 20k clicks, with a 63% confidence rate if you use alt+aug+regal. Price on trade should go down a bit after a time to 4-5div but crafting seems out of reach.

I tried to find ES\Eva armpur on trade with the modes + % INCREASED INTELLIGENCE and crafted + % ATTRIBUTES... And...
Perhaps devs just wiped these mods in this league. Lol that will be a great suck without these mods in the endgame.

Its a few days into league not surprising that End Game chests aren't crafted yet

are these mods endgame? I just trying to find the gear with stats like in guide of Kelvynn.
"
Ghost285 wrote:
"
Xuvali wrote:
"
Ghost285 wrote:

are these mods endgame? I just trying to find the gear with stats like in guide of Kelvynn.

The +% intelligence is a conqueror influcenced mod. It means that it can drop from the corresponding conqueror (I think it's crusader?) or their mob only. As the Conqueror maps are usually high-level and rare at the beginning of leagues, there's not a lot of influenced gear ont he market before 1-3 weeks in.

The other way of getting the mod is via Influenced Exalted orbs (to slam an additionnal mod). These drop unfrequently from Conquerors, which again, very few people are doing on day 4.

Give it two weeks and there's going to be a bunch, though they're going to be costly. If you want a really well-rolled one with all the affixes you want, you might have to craft yourself with a Conqueror Exalt at the end, hoping for the right mod to pop.

It's the same for the helmet (Hunter influence), synthezised rings (only drop from synth maps) and high-end amulet (shaper influence).
"
Graiaule wrote:
@raz_raziel -- don't buy an astramentis, actually. Instead, purchase 3 polymath cards. Last I checked, 3 of them were cheaper than the cheapest amulet. Also, you get a chance to roll a good one that you can sell to buy 3 more cards and have chaos left over!

Right now, polymaths are 12C and the cheapest amulets 32C. However, 90+ all attributes explicit amulets start at 47C.

So that's a good tip. You can buy three cards and sell the amulet for about the same price if the stats aren't to your liking. you get to reroll for 3-4C, which is not that much, and you can have a good chance of saving 10C+.

Good catch! I bought mine yesterday for 65C I think? But the explicit is rolled at 97. It's worth using the cards instead if you don't mind the time trading.
I finally got to play in this league more than just a couple of hours a day!

Observations so far:

- For the league mechanic, self-cast is the way to go. It's super easy early on AND when dealing with bosses. When there is only 1 target you can just namelock it once and frostblink around it as it winds up its telegraphed attacks. Make sure to turn on the option to attack without moving on the skill bar for both Icestorm and Frostblink. I typically don't lose any resolve/inspiration on the floor bosses if I get to them.

The big problem is that at high levels there are multiple guardians standing together. That's totally unfair to any short range builds. There seems to be no way to avoid getting hit. So it's all about destroying them as fast as you can while taking little damage. Relics and fountains give you resolve and/or inspiration every so often, so you just have to minimize the damage you take.

- NERF: When they changed Brute Force and Fertile Mind to corruption-only jewels, they "forgot" to mention that it's no longer possible to get any implicits on them! Not just stun avoidance is gone, but also CB immunity, resist penetraion, mana reservation - anything that we used to get on those. Now you have to use a regular corrupted jewel to get that. Which isn't hard to find, but that means losing some Int. Ascendant can still corrupt Pure Talent. But not this version. A corrupted Emperor's Wit is going to be way too expensive. However, the Trickster doesn't seem to need CB immunity all that much. Overleech covers for it in maps. So perhaps just for Sirus.

- Stun: still experimenting with options. While leveling, Brine King is an easy solution. And then Tolerance. For the cluster tree, the mastery option for using ES instead of life for stun threshold should help later on when you get a lot of ES. And for the mid-power situation I think Corundum flask is going to work fine.

All great observations! However, they did say in advance that the conversion jewels were now corruption only and there already were a bunch of corruption only jewels in the game, and they couldn't roll implicits. I wouldn't say that it was unclear.

Can we roll implicits on clusters?
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
Graiaule wrote:

Right now, polymaths are 12C and the cheapest amulets 32C. However, 90+ all attributes explicit amulets start at 47C.

So that's a good tip. You can buy three cards and sell the amulet for about the same price if the stats aren't to your liking. you get to reroll for 3-4C, which is not that much, and you can have a good chance of saving 10C+.

Good catch! I bought mine yesterday for 65C I think? But the explicit is rolled at 97. It's worth using the cards instead if you don't mind the time trading.

just wanted to say thanks for this. did poly and ended up scoring a perfect 16/100 astra. sold it under market for 1.3 div and then bought a 15/95 for 60c. big win!
"
jjmccaw wrote:

just wanted to say thanks for this. did poly and ended up scoring a perfect 16/100 astra. sold it under market for 1.3 div and then bought a 15/95 for 60c. big win!

That's absolutely awesome. Congrats! That's a nice boost for your league-start!
"
Kelvynn wrote:
I finally got to play in this league more than just a couple of hours a day!

Observations so far:

- For the league mechanic, self-cast is the way to go. It's super easy early on AND when dealing with bosses. When there is only 1 target you can just namelock it once and frostblink around it as it winds up its telegraphed attacks. Make sure to turn on the option to attack without moving on the skill bar for both Icestorm and Frostblink. I typically don't lose any resolve/inspiration on the floor bosses if I get to them.

The big problem is that at high levels there are multiple guardians standing together. That's totally unfair to any short range builds. There seems to be no way to avoid getting hit. So it's all about destroying them as fast as you can while taking little damage. Relics and fountains give you resolve and/or inspiration every so often, so you just have to minimize the damage you take.

- NERF: When they changed Brute Force and Fertile Mind to corruption-only jewels, they "forgot" to mention that it's no longer possible to get any implicits on them! Not just stun avoidance is gone, but also CB immunity, resist penetraion, mana reservation - anything that we used to get on those. Now you have to use a regular corrupted jewel to get that. Which isn't hard to find, but that means losing some Int. Ascendant can still corrupt Pure Talent. But not this version. A corrupted Emperor's Wit is going to be way too expensive. However, the Trickster doesn't seem to need CB immunity all that much. Overleech covers for it in maps. So perhaps just for Sirus.

- Stun: still experimenting with options. While leveling, Brine King is an easy solution. And then Tolerance. For the cluster tree, the mastery option for using ES instead of life for stun threshold should help later on when you get a lot of ES. And for the mid-power situation I think Corundum flask is going to work fine.

Kelvynn, please can you write here or update the info WHICH JEWELS do we need now in this league. I didn't understood what are you trying to say. You want to tell that we must drop Brute force and Fertile mind in this league?
I shouldn't search for them and buy them? I thought they are neccesary for the build..
I don't worry about stun and CB - like someone said in the thread - AWAKENED cast while Channeling gives stun immunity ( avoid interruption from stuns).
As for CB AND BLEEDING i have 2 automatic flasks for dispelling it.
BTW i decided not to take Tolerance sector , better to spend nodes in INT and curses ( sector with Whispers of Doom).

As for the rings, synthesized cost too much. I use now prismatic with INT and resists. This upgrade will be done in future.

It will be a very good advice for me if you can tell which jewels i should use after 70 -75 lvl while taking jewel and cluster nods.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info