[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Finished the Sanctum with area level 83, the last boss is split into 2 parts if you do it in area level 83.
Once the first part is done you can either take all the loot and leave or go against the Uber Boss.

While this is possible on this build its insanely punishing on the damage taken front (I was losing 100 Inspiration/Resolve per hit from a guard without any debuffs), luckily I got a 50% more damage boon that just barely gave me enough DPS to get through the final boss.

The most efficient way I found to do the guards is to fully commit on them and use frostblink while casting, its the only way to burn them down fast enough when there are 3-5 on you at the same time + 2 burning skulls shooting lasers at you.

The fact we stand still and need time to ramp up to do damage is really going to make completing sanctums consistently quite hard until we are sitting at our top DPS, especially at Floor 4 where the damage scales up dramatically.

EDIT: Seems like the Final Boss in his 2nd form is a proper boss fight where resolve/inspiration doesn't matter and you take ES damage instead.
Last edited by Firestrike9 on Dec 12, 2022, 2:32:41 AM
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
Firestrike9 wrote:
"
WinterHiko wrote:
Can anyone more knowledgeable than me explain the interactions between Disorienting Display and our build? It's the cluster notable that blinds enemies on cast.

I understand that the trigger from CwC wouldn't proc it, but a cast of Vortex, Frostblink of self-cast of Ice Storm would? If so, even if not as powerful as Cold to the Core or Blanketed Snow, that notable would still be a nice defensive upgrade, blinding enemies left and right?

When we swap to the cluster setup, we need to make sure its worth the swap damage wise.

Primary nodes are Blanketed Snow and Cold to the Core, a 3rd node like Primsatic Heart or Disorienting display is nice on top but we are looking for more damage first and foremost.

Yep, but those clusters are worth 5-10div as of now. I got a cluster with CttC, Prismatic Heart, Disorienting Display and +3int for now to get two slots for the Split Personnalities. Of course we want CttC + Blanketed in front ideally, but in the meantime, I'm wondering how much the blind can help, as those clusters are really cheaper (100C vs 7div last I checked).

Sounds like a great cluster to me, I also suggest trying to craft them yourself, I will NEVER pay 10 divines for a cluster.
Craft of exile puts crafting a cluster with both at a cost of 1300C and 20k clicks, with a 63% confidence rate if you use alt+aug+regal. Price on trade should go down a bit after a time to 4-5div but crafting seems out of reach.
Some thoughts on this build, specifically related to Sanctum.

(Outside of Sanctum this build still rocks - it's as great as it was last league and it was amazing then as well)

I wound up re-working my chest link (4-link for now, working towards the 6-link) to drop the cast on hit component of it. Instead, I opted to cast my curses with a hextouch on the vortex - bonechill skill link. So my chest now looks like:

Vortex => BoneChill => Hextouch => Frostbite => (Elemental Weakness => Enfeeble)

It makes the build feel a lot better in the sanctum, since you no longer need to get hit in order to cast the curses effectively which can help out the dps a ton.

I do agree with most folks here that self-casting the icestorm seems to be the way to go with the guards for now. The change above does help make the cyclone cast version more viable for fighting guards, though. Hopefully we get a more melee friendly rework before too much longer.
Speaking for myself, in previous leagues I'd always start interacting with the league mechanic from early on, and continue thereafter.

This is the first league where, when I see a sanctum entry, I tell myself it's not worth bothering. (I'm still in the acts.)

The rewards just don't seem worth the time spent dodging things (though the sanctum experience seems fairly good -- I'm much higher level for where I am in the acts than I normally am.)

We'll see how things get tweaked over the next couple of weeks.
Can someone help me please?

I am following the guide but I do practically no damage
here is my pob https://pastebin.com/sjAG88r0

Am I doing something very wrong? Is there anything that I can change?

Thanks in advance
"
raz_raziel wrote:

Thanks in advance

This is an intelligence-stacking build. Every point of intelligence you get, the damage gets higher. Right now, you're at 1086 int. Work on making it as high as possible.

Buying en Astramentis would be a great first step, as a well-rolled one can give you 120-140 to all attributes. You could also swap your second ring (the one with no int) to a nice Heup of All (1C-2C RN).

Nice String of Servitude!

Buying a cluster with Cold to the Core and two slots for int Split Personnalities will make a big difference too, depending on your budget (that's more pricey -- 150-200C for the three RN).

Your staff has only four sockets. Try to up it to 5 or 6. Remember -- we don't need to link the sockets, except Cyclone and CwC.

You could get a second staff for self-cast against tankier rares.

Doing your fourth lab would get your access to Polymath (or you could respec from Heartstopper). That's a whole bunch of damage right there.

You don't have a Curse yet. This is also a substantial increase on damage. If you lack socket, try putting the curse directly on CwDT while waiting for a four-link with Ball Lightning.

Teh thing with this build is that it's all about small increments that slowly build up. Even in end-game gear, every bit of additionnal intelligence helps.

Not damage-related, but you'd be much tankier if you replaced your two life flasks. Maybe a Sulphur flask for a bit of extra damage.

Hope that helps!
"
Graiaule wrote:
Speaking for myself, in previous leagues I'd always start interacting with the league mechanic from early on, and continue thereafter.

This is the first league where, when I see a sanctum entry, I tell myself it's not worth bothering. (I'm still in the acts.)

The rewards just don't seem worth the time spent dodging things (though the sanctum experience seems fairly good -- I'm much higher level for where I am in the acts than I normally am.)

We'll see how things get tweaked over the next couple of weeks.

For me that was the wrong way :-)
I got over 30 c out of sactum since start. i am now end of campain. So i could buy my stampede early on what makes the sactum much smoother.
Also i only finished 2 floor boss. and that with luck. dont see how i should go further. We will see.
Thank you very much!

"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
raz_raziel wrote:

Thanks in advance

This is an intelligence-stacking build. Every point of intelligence you get, the damage gets higher. Right now, you're at 1086 int. Work on making it as high as possible.

Buying en Astramentis would be a great first step, as a well-rolled one can give you 120-140 to all attributes. You could also swap your second ring (the one with no int) to a nice Heup of All (1C-2C RN).

Nice String of Servitude!

Buying a cluster with Cold to the Core and two slots for int Split Personnalities will make a big difference too, depending on your budget (that's more pricey -- 150-200C for the three RN).

Your staff has only four sockets. Try to up it to 5 or 6. Remember -- we don't need to link the sockets, except Cyclone and CwC.

You could get a second staff for self-cast against tankier rares.

Doing your fourth lab would get your access to Polymath (or you could respec from Heartstopper). That's a whole bunch of damage right there.

You don't have a Curse yet. This is also a substantial increase on damage. If you lack socket, try putting the curse directly on CwDT while waiting for a four-link with Ball Lightning.

Teh thing with this build is that it's all about small increments that slowly build up. Even in end-game gear, every bit of additionnal intelligence helps.

Not damage-related, but you'd be much tankier if you replaced your two life flasks. Maybe a Sulphur flask for a bit of extra damage.

Hope that helps!
"
WinterHiko wrote:
Craft of exile puts crafting a cluster with both at a cost of 1300C and 20k clicks, with a 63% confidence rate if you use alt+aug+regal. Price on trade should go down a bit after a time to 4-5div but crafting seems out of reach.

Do you want some "rofl" situation guys?

I tried to find ES\Eva armpur on trade with the modes + % INCREASED INTELLIGENCE and crafted + % ATTRIBUTES... And...
NOTHING! No one sell armour with such mods!
Perhaps devs just wiped these mods in this league. Lol that will be a great suck without these mods in the endgame.
Last edited by Ghost285 on Dec 12, 2022, 12:27:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info