[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
The jewels we're referring to are the conversion jewels -- Fertile Mind and Brute Force Solution. Before, we could corrupt them for an implicit, but now they're pre-corrupted. You could use Emperor's Wit and corrupt those, but they're much more pricey.

The curse cluster leading to Whispers of Doom was always burnt points before the notable. We just need to burn one more point now. I believe the other way to the notable has better stats, though, as it has curse effect, while curse reservation efficiency is literally useless for us.

EDIT : Now that I've looked, both path are completely useless, one or the other doesn't matter.

Thanks a lot for a discussion. It is very important for me to get more checked info about such things, i haven't played for 2,5 years , game has changed a lot...

BTW, how we can get Awakened, Divergent and Anomalous gems?? When i played last time, there was no gems like these, just 20 lvl and +20 enchant and +1 lvl from corruption.

Updated:
I want to discuss also about using cyclone and self casting variant of Ice Storm.
When u use it by yourself, the damage is higher. And frostblink is enough for mobility. Remembering my words about Sanctum : I did 2 floors of this without significant descreasing resolve with Ice Storm Self casting and warping with frostblink away from attack radius.
Last edited by Ghost285 on Dec 11, 2022, 12:07:50 PM
"
Ghost285 wrote:

Thanks a lot for a discussion. It is very important for me to get more checked info about such things, i haven't played for 2,5 years , game has changed a lot...

BTW, how we can get Awakened, Divergent and Anomalous gems?? When i played last time, there was no gems like these, just 20 lvl and +20 enchant and +1 lvl from corruption.

Updated:
I want to discuss also about using cyclone and self casting variant of Ice Storm.
When u use it by yourself, the damage is higher. And frostblink is enough for mobility. Remembering my words about Sanctum : I did 2 floors of this without significant descreasing resolve with Ice Storm Self casting and warping with frostblink away from attack radius.

Awakened gems drop from Maven (a pinnacle boss), Maven-witnessed bosses (you unlock Maven influence by progressing the Atlas) and Maven invitations (which you can do after you witness a certain amount of bosses). They're pretty rare and thus pricey, but they're strictly better than their regular counterparts.

Divergent, Phantasmal and Anomalous are alternate quality types that drop from Heist. They make it so that augmenting quality gives a different effect from the normal gem.

Indeed, the self-cast variant is a lot more damage (when fully built, 2-3 times the damage). The CwC variant gives a lot of quality of life and defense against crowds through Cyclone (mobility) and Elemental Proliferation (freeze/chill). The self-cast version lacks the mobility and freezing power, but has additionnal control, damage and range (as you don't need to Cylone into enemies).
Hi, can someone explain to me how the hextouch setup in our chest works? There are two curses (frostbite & ele weakness), but we can only inflict one curse, right? Am I missing something here?
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
Xuvali wrote:
With the loss of alot of easy access jewel implicits for Stun Avoidance.

What are people's thought on taking an extra ES wheel to get stun threshold based on 50% of ES?

I'm not sure it's worth it in the long run. We don't need protection against stuns during mapping as we have Awakened CwC making us immune and I'm not sure it's the best choice during bossing. Using 1-2 affixes on gear would be less costly and more efficient I'd say. You could also get some avoidance with Corrupted Blood immunity (and 3% more damage from ascendancy) if you go for the Tolerance cluster instead.

Problem with tolerance is it breaks the long pathing we will be doing for Split Personalities later but thanks for the thoughts
"
Philey wrote:
Hi, can someone explain to me how the hextouch setup in our chest works? There are two curses (frostbite & ele weakness), but we can only inflict one curse, right? Am I missing something here?

The Whisper of Doom notable lets us inflict an additional curse.
"
Xuvali wrote:
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
Xuvali wrote:
With the loss of alot of easy access jewel implicits for Stun Avoidance.

What are people's thought on taking an extra ES wheel to get stun threshold based on 50% of ES?

I'm not sure it's worth it in the long run. We don't need protection against stuns during mapping as we have Awakened CwC making us immune and I'm not sure it's the best choice during bossing. Using 1-2 affixes on gear would be less costly and more efficient I'd say. You could also get some avoidance with Corrupted Blood immunity (and 3% more damage from ascendancy) if you go for the Tolerance cluster instead.

Problem with tolerance is it breaks the long pathing we will be doing for Split Personalities later but thanks for the thoughts

You can path through Practical Application instead of Foresight to circumvent this, there's a PoB a couple of pages back.

Personally, I don't intend to use any stun avoidance this league. We'll see how it goes.
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
Philey wrote:

The Whisper of Doom notable lets us inflict an additional curse.

AH ok, it doesnt show up in the pob since i converted it from 3.19 to 3.20. Thanks!
Can anyone more knowledgeable than me explain the interactions between Disorienting Display and our build? It's the cluster notable that blinds enemies on cast.

I understand that the trigger from CwC wouldn't proc it, but a cast of Vortex, Frostblink of self-cast of Ice Storm would? If so, even if not as powerful as Cold to the Core or Blanketed Snow, that notable would still be a nice defensive upgrade, blinding enemies left and right?
"
WinterHiko wrote:
Can anyone more knowledgeable than me explain the interactions between Disorienting Display and our build? It's the cluster notable that blinds enemies on cast.

I understand that the trigger from CwC wouldn't proc it, but a cast of Vortex, Frostblink of self-cast of Ice Storm would? If so, even if not as powerful as Cold to the Core or Blanketed Snow, that notable would still be a nice defensive upgrade, blinding enemies left and right?

When we swap to the cluster setup, we need to make sure its worth the swap damage wise.

Primary nodes are Blanketed Snow and Cold to the Core, a 3rd node like Primsatic Heart or Disorienting display is nice on top but we are looking for more damage first and foremost.
"
Firestrike9 wrote:
"
WinterHiko wrote:

When we swap to the cluster setup, we need to make sure its worth the swap damage wise.

Primary nodes are Blanketed Snow and Cold to the Core, a 3rd node like Primsatic Heart or Disorienting display is nice on top but we are looking for more damage first and foremost.

Yep, but those clusters are worth 5-10div as of now. I got a cluster with CttC, Prismatic Heart, Disorienting Display and +3int for now to get two slots for the Split Personnalities. Of course we want CttC + Blanketed in front ideally, but in the meantime, I'm wondering how much the blind can help, as those clusters are really cheaper (100C vs 7div last I checked).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info