[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
evouga wrote:
I have a few questions:

1. Is Awakened CwC useful? Or is it strictly worse than the level 15/16 CwC? What level should it be if useful?
2. Is there any useful way to upgrade the staff beyond the 18% int? It doesn’t look like there are any useful corruptions… what about Harvest quality?
3. Is Brute Force Solution really the best option? I understand it gives 50 flat int but there’s no better use for that valuable jewel slot?

ACwC give you immunity to stuns while channeling linked skills at lvl5+. With Staff giving 1+ level of socketed support gems, you want it to be lvl4 or 5. Whether it is useful or not is how annoyed you are of getting stunned.

Corrupting the staff (and getting corruption mod) replaces current implicit mod (18% chance to block attack damage). None of the corruption mods are better. Only use would be to corrupt and hope no change (other than getting corrupted tag) so you can use tainted currency to improve quality, but the effect is so low I would not bother.

Harvest quality has ether crit chance or increased damage. Which one is better depends on if you need more crit chance.

Most common mistake new players (to this build) make, is not comprehending just how strong stat +int really is.

You have multiple sources of increased damage per int. The staff itself has 1% per 10int. Amulet has 1% or 2% per 15int. Each Cold to the Core has 1% per 25 int. Gloves have 3% or 4% per 100 int. Tranquility has 0.3% per 1% increased ES, and you get 1% increased ES per 5 int. If you add all that up, you get about 3.3% increased damage per 10 int.

Icestorm also gets 5-7 base damage per 10 int, which gets multiplied by all the more damage modifiers and, of course, increased damage. You also get 0.1 sec more duration per 100 int (mostly irrelevant).

But it gets even better. You get 18% increased int from the staff, another 18% from belt. 2*7% from rings, 6% from chest armor, 10% from helmet, 8% form passive tree and from amulet 14% to 45%. That is 88% increased int without Simplex amulet.

And, like said before, you get 1% increased ES per 5 int. ES leech has cap on how much you can leech per second. Base value is 10% of your max ES, so getting more ES not only let you take bigger hits, but also replenish the ES faster.

And then the chest armor has one of the Eater of the World mods for 1% less damage take per X int (some conditions may apply).
Last edited by Cjin on May 21, 2024, 2:36:23 AM
So, I wasn't paying attention and accidentally leveled my Cast When Channeling gem to 17. What exactly is the downside to leveling past 16? Should I just grab another one and level it to 16?
"
So, I wasn't paying attention and accidentally leveled my Cast When Channeling gem to 17. What exactly is the downside to leveling past 16? Should I just grab another one and level it to 16?

It is a very minor thing to maxing number of shards Icestorm drops before new storm replaces old one.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2628295/page/594#p24253950

If you vendor leveled (not corrupted) gem and Orb of Scouring, you get back the gem one level lower.
Ah, right I forgot about vendor leveling the gem with Scouring. Thanks!
"
Cjin wrote:
"
evouga wrote:
I have a few questions:

1. Is Awakened CwC useful? Or is it strictly worse than the level 15/16 CwC? What level should it be if useful?
2. Is there any useful way to upgrade the staff beyond the 18% int? It doesn’t look like there are any useful corruptions… what about Harvest quality?
3. Is Brute Force Solution really the best option? I understand it gives 50 flat int but there’s no better use for that valuable jewel slot?

Corrupting the staff (and getting corruption mod) replaces current implicit mod (18% chance to block attack damage). None of the corruption mods are better. Only use would be to corrupt and hope no change (other than getting corrupted tag) so you can use tainted currency to improve quality, but the effect is so low I would not bother.

Regarding the quality, it is probably easier to use the beast crafting which can "Corrupt an Item To have 30% Quality". This can be a minor 5% increased damage.
Thanks! Another question: I'm playing in Standard, which is proving to be somewhat of a challenge in that even the budget rares are unavailable or are priced at dozens of divines each, forcing me to self-craft much of my gear. (On the bright side, I have access to some highly unethical legacy flasks).

What's the best way of farming the synthesized ring base? Heist and Ritual? Or is there a better way?
I farmed the synthesized ring base for several leagues (in SSF). And I only got one dropped this league.
My personally prefer to farm heist which has deterministic synthesized jewellery drop. It seems that the +int% ring base is much rarer than +int% amulet/belt (I have several of those in SSF)
Best Way should be Horticraft, I guess.

Guys, I am now sooo deep into minmaxing that I have to get to my chest - my plan is to get tripple fractured T1 defense with perfect rolls and then slap Essences on it to have the highest INT roll available, and THEN try my luck with a veiled orb. Good plan or meh?
To start this plan off, I would need a trpple fractured T1 defense layout, do we have something like this somewhere?
"
milkytwix wrote:
Best Way should be Horticraft, I guess.

Guys, I am now sooo deep into minmaxing that I have to get to my chest - my plan is to get tripple fractured T1 defense with perfect rolls and then slap Essences on it to have the highest INT roll available, and THEN try my luck with a veiled orb. Good plan or meh?
To start this plan off, I would need a trpple fractured T1 defense layout, do we have something like this somewhere?

I don't know how the game rolls the values and fractures item. I did 4 fractured helmet and got 3 high rolls and one low roll for values. And I had 6 or 7 of the roll values 6 times and take best one coffins.

I would go (I did go) with getting 2 defense mods and +int fractured.

With Dense Fossils roll the missing defense prefix.

Make the chest piece Eater of the World dominant.

Now yo can use Eldritch Orb of Annulments to remove unwanted suffix mods. With +int being fractured, it cannot be removed.

Then you hit it with Exalted orb. If you don't get suffix you want just another Eldritch Orb of Annulment and try Exalted again and again until you get what you wanted.

You are even left with an empty suffix for the 6% stats craft.

If you want to use Veiled Orb, you can use the Prefixes cannot be changed and then Veiled Orb instead of Exalted Orbs. That is just a matter of how much you are prepared to put currency on it.

Spoiler
Well, the major drawback would be: Not more Intelligence. And that is my goal here, otherwise my chestpiece is quit frankly absolutely okay.
Last edited by milkytwix on May 24, 2024, 1:52:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info