Game Mechanics Q&A

"
Beglets wrote:
The main question about game mechanics is

WHEN WILL GGG CREATE A WEBSITE WITH INFORMATION ABOUT GAME MECHANICS???

So we won't need to spend HOURS of our time searching for answers on the net.

+1
Is it intended that poacher's mark allows physical mitigation to go into negative numbers? Tested by timing alira kills with CF on blast rain + brutality (making it convert all phys damage then removing it, so CF the only damage that is applied) shows ~20% kill time difference.
Does mater of metal work with minions and facebreaker? Can I use vaal summon skeletons with 100% impale chance and face breakers to get a bunch of damage?
Last edited by Weewolf on Jun 3, 2022, 9:00:35 AM
What happens when I die?
In a context of Cast on Death will any on this be active:
1) my auras?
2) my skitter bots shock, chill and curse (with profane proxy)?
3) my curses? (cast before death or after on another Cast on death setup)
4) Am I Low Life? (for Pain Attunement)
5) Will my leech instances work? (for damage increased while leaching)
6) Arcane surge?
7) Things that I've done recently will work? (block, for example)
Last edited by NotEnoughMinerals on Jun 3, 2022, 9:02:35 AM
What is the timing of events related to an enemy receiving a killing blow? Suppose the character is wearing a curse on hit ring that curses with Punishment and has Herald of Ice, Profane Bloom, is wearing explode on death gear and has chance to poison.

Am I correct in assuming that the enemy is not poisoned and is not cursed because it dies before any of that happens?

Will Herald of Ice or Profane Bloom happen first? Is the order deterministic? Does the order matter? Specifically, if Profane Bloom kills another enemy, will HoI be able to curse that enemy first?

At what point would Punishment and other explosions happen?
Can totem benefit from self-chill effect of Winterweave?

Now if I equip these 3 items:
1. Eye of Innocence: Take 100 Fire Damage when you Ignite an Enemy .
2. Call of the Void: All Damage Taken from Hits can Chill you .
3. Winterweave: The Effect of Chill on you is reversed .
4. Replica Hotheaded: Increased attack and cast speed when chilled

Will the chill effect be reversed on the totem when it ignites an enemy?

As far as I know, when Eye of Innocence is equipped, if the totem applies the ignite, only the totem takes 100 damage. Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/PathOfExileBuilds/comments/ty0iwh/torchoak_step_eye_of_innocence/

So if Call of the Void and Winterweave are also equipped, will the totem be chilled by Call of the Void when it take damage from Eye of Innocence, and will that chill effect get reversed and the totem get increased action speed(Winterweave) and increased attack/cast speed(Replica Hotheaded).

Another scenario is if I use Forbidden Rite as a spell totem(no Eye of Innocence this time), will the self damage on totem chill itself with Call of the Void and will that chill effect get reversed by Winterweave?
Also, Forbidden Rite totem would trigger Torchoak Step's reflect mechanic "Totems Reflect 100% of their maximum Life as Fire Damage to nearby Enemies when Hit" right?

How does map quantity affect Expedition encounter drops for logbooks and reroll currency?

Are the uber version of searing exarch and eater of worlds more likely to drop ashes of start and cristalized ?
Do cartography scarabs work on blighted map drops from blighted chests? What else affects their drops (like regular map quantity, atlas passives for a chance to get higher level maps, etc.)?
Can you make a graph for Brandsurge? Showing on the x axis the old duration and on y the new duration (with brandsurge)? Im just stuck thinking about it ...
If you have 90% additional physical damage reduction (endurance charges, body armor roll ect...), Does armor no longer matter in terms of defense or does it reduce physical damage further?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info