Game Mechanics Q&A

How does map equity work and does singular focus disable it?
Can GGG provide better noob friendly information? I still don't know or understand half of the "favorite map" slots. Hovering over them show you have to Kill "x" - but I don't even know how to get to "x"
How does "Quantity" on various invitations/bosses/league mechanics affect the loot?

For example, chests in blighted maps initially have not been affected by map quantity, which later been adjusted.

What about logbooks? are chests in logbook get affected by quantity? or just drops from monsters?

What about maven invitations? we know quant does increase various loot(fragments, maps, etc), but is that the case for boss specific unique drops? (e.g. watcher's eye, bottled faith, etc)

What about searing exarch/world eater? The patch note for 3.18 mention Forbidden Flesh and Forbidden Flame, but no mention of other items like ashes or omni; does that mean they are not affected? or were they always been affected (and that's why they are not mentioned)?
How long we must wait till hex and curse be same thing again(or vixen entrapment rework)? How long casual boys can use rf with cheat recovery ground on inquisitor and have supersmall hp bar and still have damage with rf ? How long casual boys continue abuse poison and ignite from secondary damage things like corpse HP explosion ? Thx.
SP33D Always in my veins...
Are there any plans to make cluster jewels easier or more intuitive to roll the desired mods?

Requiring alt + regal spamming just to get two desired prefixes or two desired suffixes is extremely tedious and unfun. From the perspective of a SSF player the amount of alterations required to hit two of the rare prefixes or two suffixes is most likely more than can be reasonably obtained for a person not interacting with trade.
How does Sentinel empowerment scale? The advanced mod description says it increases damage, damage reduction, experience, and item yield, but is this a linear function - i.e 1 empowerment = 1% more damage, DR, xp, %quant, or something more complex?
"
camokng wrote:
Regarding the light radius mechanic, why is it something that we have to deal with when there is no purpose within builds aside from a dead stat (unless I'm missing a hyper-specific build)?

Side note, I find it difficult to see a lot of the time due to glare and no gamma adjustment available as a player. Sorry if the topic isn't super relevant. Keep up the amazing work!

Indeed, most of the time in the crypt/caves map you can not see anything without turning up gamma/brightness. It is leftover idea from Diablo, which has no place/function in the current game.
Last edited by Mutaro123 on Jun 3, 2022, 10:54:15 AM
Why don't increases to "spell skill gem level" apply to support gems that grant spells? An example being Impending Doom Support. It has the spell tag but since it's a support gem it doesn't get increased with spell gem level increases.
Some self damage questions.

Why is the only effect that triggers off Hiltless’ reflected damage the “gain # charge(s) when hit by an enemy” flask mod? I’ve tested it with a whole bunch and it looks like that’s the only one it interacts with.

For self damage effects that count as a hit that you can block (Solds Bridle, Eye of Innocence) can they interact with “on block” triggers?

Generally - why can you get “hit” by and defend against “block/avoid/evade” reflected damage, but doing so doesn’t function like a regular hit for triggers?

Thanks a whole bunch!
Lets say I have 100% chance to ignite and 100% phys damage converted to fire. I hit a non ignited enemy with Earthquake linked with Immolate Support. Is the immolate extra damage always guaranted with the aftershock because the initial hit will ignite the target? Or is the aftershock damage calculated from the initial hit and then any of the two hits won’t benefit from Immolate?

Thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info