3.18.0d Patch Notes Preview

The purpose and design concept of Archnemisis mods was that you could CHOOSE not to interact with them.

You added these mechanics to all mobs, including bosses.

My only counter play to CHOOSE not to interact with specific mods is to not play?

You added atlas keystones to enable us to remove the content we do not want to interact with.

Remove Archnemisis from the core game. Give an Atlas Keystone to change the mod pool into Archnemisis so those that CHOOSE to interact with archnemisis can.
"
LaserVonRekyu wrote:
The purpose and design concept of Archnemisis mods was that you could CHOOSE not to interact with them.

You added these mechanics to all mobs, including bosses.

My only counter play to CHOOSE not to interact with specific mods is to not play?

You added atlas keystones to enable us to remove the content we do not want to interact with.

Remove Archnemisis from the core game. Give an Atlas Keystone to change the mod pool into Archnemisis so those that CHOOSE to interact with archnemisis can.

Im here since 9 years, hope is gone.
This game is dying slowly, thanks to the absurd hardcore mechanics.

It was so much fun long time ago, fun has been killed sadly.

Just embarrassing how many hot fixes that needs to keep being deployed to fix the [Removed by Support] mods no one wanted - Arch Nemesis worked because you could choose which mods you wanted and never should have gone core in the way its been implemented.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on May 25, 2022, 10:50:31 PM
No, I'm NOT going crazy, there ARE both Heralding Minions and Herald of the Obelisk summoning the same shock nova pillars (at least in PS4).

And Entangler is another issue specially in Metamorph / Ritual / Harvest, get one of those to spawn when you're dealing with death DoTs in a cramped room and you may be ready to face your doom. Either remove it or make something to break its rooting effect (like phasing).
Effigy is still here? ahahahhahhahahahahhahahahahah this just means that I can look forward to more on death effects and reflect mechanics in the future. Since cheap and unfair things are what GGG consider as engaging and "challenging" these days hahaha using zero counter play and No visual clarity as a difficulty reflects how talented these designers are. Boss fights are still cool so atleast fair encounters still exist but locked behind in the end game(where you have most of your OP GG gear so they get trivial sadge)
Padoru Intensifies
Just an observation, I’m rarely seeing any of the new 3.18 supporter pack badges from people posting here and I believe this is directly correlated to the poor reception of this league. Well, I could be wrong but yes, it is possible……
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Rare monsters in past league content is something we'll review for 3.19.

It seems archnemesis is going to stay core for 3.19 and beyond.. that's from reddit because having this kind of things here is too much trouble..

3.18 "big" changes are done if you expected big changes you're out of luck.. try again in 3.19.

"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
Delete Effigy. There is no counterplay, it's simply an unfair mechanic that shouldn't exist
"
Reshemin wrote:
The current state of things not only kills build diversity, but also monster diversity.
The exact nature of your opponent becomes close to irrelevant when all of it's innate, basic abilities completely pale in comparison and are plain lost to the overshadowing AN mod it has.
You're no longer fighting Shield Crabs, Porcupines or Skeleton Archers but Storm Striders, Chaosweavers or Mana Siphoners.

I'm so glad you've brought this up.

GGG often tends to slip into the line of thinking that PoE is Dark Souls, a game where you basically duel 1–3 monsters at a time, spatial awareness is high, and the difficulty comes from the need to execute highly tactical counterplay that uses the strong aspects of your build and makes up for its deficiencies against all kinds of content. It's a game that severely punishes you for recklessness and slop but rewards understanding of the enemy and skill in acting upon that knowledge.

But while they're happily thinking that with one side of their brains, the other side keeps making PoE a game where you're swarmed with 100–300 monsters per screen, making all tactics go out the window, specifically limiting kiting to the point of being completely impossible (because content mechanics tend to trap you into chokepoints and small arenas like in e.g. Ritual), reading mods and other forms of visual identification also become impossible because you can't so much as train your mouse cursor on a target, let alone make it out behind all the visual noise. It's schizophrenic by design.

So in the end, you have to adopt one of the two ways of dealing with it: either make all of your builds immune to as many threats as possible regardless of whether it makes sense (such as forcing reflect immunity on DoT builds for Effigy alone which would be otherwise unneeded), or sacrifice defenses more or less entirely for enough DPS to kill everything on sight regardless of map mods. That's it, there's no middle ground anymore because taking the middle ground will get you killed all the time for reasons you can't compensate with skill, knowledge, or effort.
<Tyrfalger> Exactly, the next act is going outside Sarn and into those wheat fields (see the map) to become a farmer. Then we can spend our days endlessly farming. Wait a minute...
Last edited by moozooh on May 26, 2022, 2:50:19 AM
"
namikazemaru wrote:
You are not impressing anyone with this post.

I checked out of curiosity, and naturally, all the "game's too easy, git gud, wah!" players are playing trade SC. Of course game's too easy when you can afford dying and still have any gear you want. They're the ones who don't want to challenge themselves.
<Tyrfalger> Exactly, the next act is going outside Sarn and into those wheat fields (see the map) to become a farmer. Then we can spend our days endlessly farming. Wait a minute...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info