3.18.0d Patch Notes Preview

"
Impiousbe wrote:
Chris Wilson in the baeclast : " we don't want a single mod to completely nullify a build but we do want certain combinations of mods to make it very hard"

I play smite and storm herald in a temple with healing negates my build. I literally couldn't damage them because they spawned with that particular mod. Rares are meaningful in the same way a dog turd on the sidewalk is. You notice it and avoid it but I feel sorry for the unlucky person that didn't see it in time..

Noone likes dog turds on the sidewalk GGG. Pick up after your pets and dump this idea in the bin with the other dog turds.
Settlers master craft service Settlers My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Settlers veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Settlers SC master craft service Settlers SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Settlers craft PM: TreeOfDead
Still cannot see any possibility of HeadHunter Buff.
This games a bugfest. At least fix hh, its pathetic.
Last edited by J_Love on May 30, 2022, 9:50:31 PM
A week has passed. Where is the buff of HH
"
Mutaro123 wrote:
"
VernerHolt wrote:
"
moozooh wrote:

The design of PoE right now has some sort of a mental disorder. It doesn't correlate with any one "vision" voiced so far; it tries to do several things at the same time that are opposite or orthogonal to each other in terms of their interaction with players.

Vision- we wan't to slow the game down, implementation, more and more bosses that require you to hit faster and stronger while making map monsters stronger, faster, and tankier. Make it impossible to build enough defences forcing players to go clearspeed meta.
Vision- we want build diversity - implementation- Strip away defensive mechanics, implement new defensive mechanics, balance the content as if everyone has this new mechanic in their build (spell suppression, I am pointing at you), implement content changes that incapacitate builds that try to use ailments by new mods negating ailments.
The devs have repeatedly proven they can't achieve their vision without the playerbase subverting the expected results so at this point there appears to be more spite oriented changes to the game, as if the devs have decided the playerbase is to be punished for this resistance to the direction they wanted to steer in.

This is what happens when you want people to do things the way you like it instead of letting them play the game the way they like it. You start creating problems so you can pretend that you can fix them, but you make them worst.

I've been saying this for about 5 leagues now. I have no idea why GGG is so intent on pigeon-holing players into micromanaging around unfun content. It's not difficulty, it's just an elaborate series of things to troll the players. I think Grasping Vines is a perfect example of the devs not realizing certain interactions are just flat out off-putting. "Grasping vines, what a cool mechanic!" said literally no one unsarcastically fucking ever. Or putting Shroud Walker in the Nemesis mods just to troll HH players. Things that are unfun are bad design for a video game *period*.
Last edited by icym on Jun 1, 2022, 6:16:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info