Ultimatum Launch: Server Issues and Streamer Priority

RESTART po ce pizda
"
Emfx wrote:
Thanks for taking the time to write this up, I'm sure you guys have been busier than ever.

The biggest issue I had with queue bypass was: why were the streamer's friends, who either do not stream or have insignificant influence on marketing, also able to bypass the queue, such as Empyrian's group, ZiggyD's girlfriend, etc.?

Also, reset the league.

Edited to add now that some replies have come in:

The overwhelming majority of replies both here and on the subreddit are calling for a complete rollback and reset of the league when the fix is implemented.

You say you strive for a fair and level playing field on new leagues? Then put your money where your mouth is instead of empty words, and provide that to your players.

Honestly, if there was a reset, I'd probably quit the league. I've already put a large chunk of time in. I feel the best way to level the playing field, would be to reduce the power of those who had priority queue (put them into ssf for a few days or something)
Need wipe and restart lig...
Just let us play
Thanks for the honest & transparent update, Chris.

Letting streamers (and their acquaintances) have priority was indeed a bad decision. One of the things that make communities work is "sharing"; both the good and the bad. The pain of this launch should've been shared between all.

The decision made may be very impactful on PoE's (great) community for a long time to come. I'm afraid the best option now will also be the most difficult choice: to reset the league and let everyone start again at 0. Painful for all (some more than others, ofc), but at least equality is regained and the pain of a refresh is shared within the community.

I wish you and the dev team all the best. Hope you can make the right decision now, with the best possible outcome, whatever that decision may be.
First thing: props for using the term "subtle fuckery" might steal that term=)

Second, just got kicked out again so still not fixed..

Also i would really like to hear something about restarting the league, it just isnt fair to the community to allow they few that can play to get so far ahead of the rest.
Reset the league.
Hoping to send positive energy to you guys. I think of all the issues you mentioned, the migration of the previous league to standard is the biggest mistake you guys did here. For the rest, I really understand what drove those decisions but at the same time I hope you guys understand that skipping the queue or getting priority on launch day sort of breaches the idea of the game not being pay to win. This lends to a clear advantage in trading and progress.

Regardless, I also feel that most of the backlash is driven by how much our current situation(Covid) is dependent on releasing stress/having fun. I don't believe that it is fair that the pressure for that is placed on GGG's shoulders either, but I assume it is fueling a lot of the outrage. I'm honestly wishing for the best and for us to just get back to gaming.
You should really restart the league, just announce the time a few hours before. Most of your players truely love the league start experience, but when you cant even play the game it just doesnt feel right.

On a sidenote you should really move your website to a separate server. The forum should always be available, but currently it always has problems when your game servers have problems too.
This is the worst launch, we are waiting for compensation for the nerves spent trying to enter the game

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info