Ultimatum Launch: Server Issues and Streamer Priority

"
Emfx wrote:
Thanks for taking the time to write this up, I'm sure you guys have been busier than ever.

The biggest issue I had with queue bypass was: why were the streamer's friends, who either do not stream or have insignificant influence on marketing, also able to bypass the queue, such as Empyrian's group, ZiggyD's girlfriend, etc.?

Also, reset the league.

Edited to add now that some replies have come in:

The overwhelming majority of replies both here and on the subreddit are calling for a complete rollback and reset of the league when the fix is implemented.

You say you strive for a fair and level playing field on new leagues? Then put your money where your mouth is instead of empty words, and provide that to your players.

I disagree heavily. For people like me who got to acts 7+ which took 10+ hours, of patience and dedication, a rollback would be far worse.

I am against it as I spent a pain staking amount to get as far as I did with all this chaos.
"You're my Sword's canvas."
~Totes Adorbs.
Restart the god damn league after you fix it.... ffs
"
Emfx wrote:

Also, reset the league.

^^this^^

the problem is all the potential new players you have worked so hard to gain that simply wont come back.

i will always play POE even though my entire continent is ignored (Africa)(and yes we have AWS), sure im a casual but with 200 ping and no way to reliably dodge boss mechanics with that lag and constant rubberbanding that wont change.

Now you have lost a big chunk of money since its x amount of new players who wont be buying at least the basics they need to play POE frustration free (new stash tabs etc) YES i know POE is "free"

Im worried about the state of the game im playing, will we even see POE2? With the almost shameless punting of MTX currently and the sheer amount of it coming out im guessing things arent going so well behind the scenes...
Good damage control post - as always.

But some issue stays even after fix - trade league economy is usually about the ones who got first, they can monopolize first hours or days of the market. If someone is serious about it - this league is already ruined for them, Empyrian team (who skipped the queue etc.) probably already farming juiced content.

Probably a private league should be made for streamers if they receive such a head start, making this a piece of the whole trade league is really dissapointing, and it heavily damages the competetive integrity in the leveling up or the trade race.
Still can't login... at this point it only seems fair to set a new release date and reset the current league.

Open it up brand new when you're sure you've fixed everything..
How can you say that: "We tell people that Path of Exile league starts are a fair playing field for everyone, and we need to actually make sure that is the reality." if there are people who are on maps and other players who have not been able to go to the third act?
RESET LEAGUE, I CANT PLAY AND IS ALMOST 13 HOURS NOW TILL LEAGUE HAVE LAUNCHED!
#RESET LEAGUE
Thanks for the update on what went wrong with the queue.

I wonder if it would be possible to also get some details on what caused the servers to have a stroke despite of the extensive testing (even over the actual load you got at launch). That is once you guys figure it out.

I think that a lot of the members of PoE community work in IT and would be interested in hearing the story. As a DevOps engineer I would be very keen on reading your post-mortem :)
"subtle fuckery" Mommy! He said a bad word!
In all seriousness, this game has a "competitive" element to it, giving anybody any advantage puts it into jeopardy.
Any player can design a build that works,
but it takes a casual player to design a build that barely works.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info