Ultimatum Launch: Server Issues and Streamer Priority

server issues happen - it sucks but i think most people are really really sad about the priority thing. That was exactly the opposite of the company's philosophy. Yes we live in capitalism, and yes everyone has to thrive in this system and yes, streamer-audience-interaction is an illusion and a giant marketing phenomenon BUT that was still a decision that actually made me feel sad, literally sad. Dont want to dramatize it, but it really made the world a little bit worse for me to be punched out of a small circle of willing-naivety in that manner :(

Just sharing my feelings, sorry for my bubbling...
Fair enough
Go with maintenance
Last edited by Jiusheen on Apr 17, 2021, 4:49:38 AM
Restart the league, yes there will be some dissatisfied but many will be very happy
Damage is done, next time allow streamers to log in day before so they could abuse the economy even more and sell to us leveling uniques when we log in. /s
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
"
it's just a matter of divining what subtle fuckery is causing the problem today.

This is the kind of developer honesty in communication i live for xD
"
Emfx wrote:
Thanks for taking the time to write this up, I'm sure you guys have been busier than ever.

The biggest issue I had with queue bypass was: why were the streamer's friends, who do not stream, also able to bypass the queue, such as Empyrian's group, ZiggyD's girlfriend, etc.?

Also, reset the league.

Edited to add now that some replies have come in:

The overwhelming majority of replies both here and on the subreddit are calling for a complete rollback and reset of the league when the fix is implemented.

You say you strive for a fair and level playing field on new leagues? Then put your money where your mouth is instead of empty words, and provide that to your players.

So I appreciate the honesty, particularly around your business dealings. However sometimes doing the right thing is hard to do, and in this case, it was to set money on fire. It was the right thing to do, and I think you recognize this now.

However there is one more thing you can do, stay true to your beliefs, and your player base. A fair start for everyone. Sometimes moral decisions are not easy ones to make.

You can make up for all of this, rollback the whole league and let everyone start fresh.
Warning:

There is a very big issue: DUPE-ing (by exploiting the situation with disconnects).

This will crash the entire league from its born day. Just like Standard currently is.

Pay attention to this instead of crying about things like streamers priority or disconnects.
You guys should've closed the servers so everyone could have the same start. Now there are players running the endgame content while most of players are still in Act 2. Just reset the league. It's not fair for those who couldn't play, which are most of the people.

Restart the league so everyone have the same opportunities.
Can you please give me back the tabula rasa i got? Was the only good thing about the league and a dc took it away :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info