Ultimatum Launch: Server Issues and Streamer Priority

"
JediWabbit wrote:

I just can't believe how many people are still buying this BS league, after league, after league..

Oddly enough that is how I felt... when I stopped playing around the time you created your account :P

History repeats itself
I recall reading all kinds of claims by GGG, from "this was our smoothest league launch yet" to "the console version will not affect the design of the pc version" to "The currency tab will hold all future currencies"

I stopped believing anything Chris wrote around the time he posted the "trade manifesto."

:(
This just means GGG will be fine and it will be business as usual soon enough. Plenty of people will send them money regardless of the quality of their product and services. Plenty of people are strongly defending GGG's actions even now on this very topic.

After all is said and done... that is what the streamer advertising is for: Attract new players who are not aware of past performance, or lack thereof.

Of all the complainers, I suspect most will be logging in and getting their dopamine rushes regardless. Abusive relationship indeed :(
"
Optimyst wrote:
not true. they had disconnections like we did. only difference is that one hour were the serve queue issue was unfixed. this shitstorm is completly exaggerated

And every disconnect you were sitting in a 5-10k queue. While streamers skipped that. Yes, complete exaggeration.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
reset the progress of all the people who are enjoying the game, what a fair idea...
"it offended all of our players who were eager to get into the game and weren't able to"

It certainly did not offend all your players. While it was obviously a poor choice in hindsight, I appreciated that I could watch a stream while waiting to play. I can understand those non-streamers who play more competitively that must feel they have been put at a disadvantage this league. For most of us who have limited play time it hardly makes a difference. We would not have kept up anyways and a few people skipping the line so to speak didn't really have any impact on us.

All lot of the negative response seems to come from spoiled, entitled children.

That said it would have been better to delay and then restart the launch once all of the issues had been resolved. I, at least, had set aside the night to play and that time has now been 'wasted'. It would have been better, for me, if the realm was taken down for 12 hours or whatever I could have adjusted my plans accordingly.
Cool thanks for the update and the transparency Chris. I'm gonna go play instead of raging at GGG for unforeseen complications and trying to market their game.

P.S. New fragment tab looks great.
I strongly suggest that GGG give EVERY player a this league's mtx box as compensation !!!!!!
"
Mythabril wrote:
"
Optimyst wrote:
not true. they had disconnections like we did. only difference is that one hour were the serve queue issue was unfixed. this shitstorm is completly exaggerated

And every disconnect you were sitting in a 5-10k queue. While streamers skipped that. Yes, complete exaggeration.

they crashed after every instance. wow what an advantage!
imagine coming 14 hours late and recieve the most buttery smooth league starts in history :)
"
Optimyst wrote:
imagine coming 14 hours late and recieve the most buttery smooth league starts in history :)
Really glad you're happy with how things have gone. I mean that legitimately. Other people aren't happy, however, and saying that their reasons for being so are wrong by presenting lies and half-truths makes you look really bad.
Dufck!! Will it bee resolved?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info