Ultimatum Launch: Server Issues and Streamer Priority

please work on your response time when we send an email with account problems - its annoying if we can't play the new season also we support this game
I hope next league's launch is as bad as this one, just so you have a chance to actually make do on the promise of no more streamer privilege.

Actually, who am I kidding--even if the amount of players is halved, launch queue will still be there. See you in a couple months, folks.
just a scrub.
ALternative solution: flashback.

Start an ultimatum flashback league this friday. Run both in parallel for the full remaining duration. People who are content with the cheating streamers can stay in the original, those who want a fair start can play flashback. Everyone is happy, except those who need the size of the leagues to be 100% instead of 50% (does anyone care?)
"
Kranyum wrote:
You did the right thing for letting streamers in with a priority. Don't cave in to the whiners.

I got to watch a bit of PoE yesterday on my favorite stream, instead of staring at a queue and a streamer who cannot log in and get frustrated.

The silent majority wants to enjoy the experience of the game - this righteous indignation about fairness is ill devised.

What you did ensured that your game got exposure and that people got at least something out of launch date.

No. They did not. No amount of marketing magic solves problems with delivery of a product. In fact, it generally pisses people the fuck off when favoritism is shown. Just as it should. That lit pile of money deserved to be with that marketing ploy.

Donating to the 1% is utter horseshit, any way you cut it. (And to be clear, I have zero issue with there being a 1% to donate to).
Last edited by kramuti on Apr 17, 2021, 2:42:16 PM
ULTIMATUM: Are you going to keep playing or are you calling it quits? The choice is yours!
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
Is that why upon first logging into standard after Ritual, my toons weren't migrated? (They usually are, so I noted that it was odd.)

Damn, this is just a really unfortunate outcome that you really couldn't have foreseen. The fact that you rigorously tested is greatly appreciated, and I hope others can understand that this was not due to negligence. Sometimes thems the breaks, and I empathize.

Really loving the new skills :)
"
Emfx wrote:
Thanks for taking the time to write this up, I'm sure you guys have been busier than ever.

The biggest issue I had with queue bypass was: why were the streamer's friends, who either do not stream or have insignificant influence on marketing, also able to bypass the queue, such as Empyrian's group, ZiggyD's girlfriend, etc.?

Also, reset the league.

Edited to add now that some replies have come in:

The overwhelming majority of replies both here (easily 90%+) and on the subreddit are calling for a complete rollback and reset of the league when the fix is implemented.

You say you strive for a fair and level playing field on new leagues? Then put your money where your mouth is instead of empty words, and provide that to your players.

Oh, and look into the duped currency. Some dude is allegedly linking stacks of Exalted Orbs in chat on Ultimatum already.

Man with all respects I think you are living in an other world.
I and most of my friend didn't care about the streamer skiping queueu but I can't uderstand some people may not league it.
Where I thing you re wrong is that you think 90 % of peoples want a league reset,I personally had a good evening yesterday I was glad I could watch my streamer play while in the queueu (It actually didn't take that much time) and I thing that most of the players (I'll go with 90%) don't want the league to be reset!I may be wrong but I think you would be surprise
Well I personally had a good evening yesterday,I know it can be easy to have problems with servers even if you are carrefull and regardless how much you test it before, it didn't bother me that much I was to excited and happy that a new league was starting.

I really don't give a damn about streamers keeping queue, I actually was happy to watch my streamer play while I was in the queue, also I understand some people may don't like it so I guess it's good if it doesn't happend but I really don't care.

I'm feeling very sad that such little think like that (about the streamers) make some people so much trigger as much as they lost a good friend or a family person...I really feel pity for you.

Anyway thanks for the explanation I'm a way to excited and happy to play a new league to care about it.

At the end of the week I think most people will had a good time and don't care about it anymore! Let's have fun and luck, some people can't even play the game!

Last edited by gorrakuu on Apr 17, 2021, 2:54:20 PM
So free 300 MTX points as compensation for our league launch related PTSD when GGG?
remember the shitstorm when ggg said that they need more time to ensure a fluid start for the ritual league? well, you got what you asked for and yet you are shitstorming.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info