⛵☁️[3.25] The Arachnophobia Allstars| Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 150M+

I'm scared because this new shield (The Squire) to Arakaali Fang cost about 10ex in the first month of the league...
Disclaimer: I played the HoP version, not the HoAg, but I plan to make the move this league to HoAg.

I had a quick look at the tree and did some calculations which may need confirmation.

My first goal is to check if we can get about 75/75 without glancing blow (it's the equivalent of +200% MOE eHP)

To do that:

* Tempest Shield is kinda mandatory. With HoAg, Discipline and Determination, we have a base 202% to offset. And if we keep memory vault (waiting for PoB to check if still best in slot), we have a 20% reduced Reservation Efficiency to offset

* This in turn implies we must take Sovereignty, the 15% increased Reservation Efficiency Mastery, Influence (the RE part of it) and anoint Charisma. That is still not enough. We seem to need: 1 Discipline Mastery (on Insightfulness or unnatural calm), 1 Determination Mastery (the closest we have is Combat Stamina) and still need a single cluster of aura ( either one small jewel or in a megalomaniac)

* There is a big choice then: do you want to sacrifice utility (Time of Need) or Dps (Unwavering Crusade) for Bastion of Hope (can give 2/10 or 12/0 depending on whether you use BL or Cyclone). I'd prefer not to, which means:

* I need to get Safeguard and Arcane Guarding to cap Spell Block (+2% max spell block is an option)

* And I need a red dream, which seems to only give 10/0 in its new location below Templar start.

* I then need about 20 points through cluster jewels. Can get some through a large jewel, the rest through megalomaniacs.

Getting rid of GB is costing us a lot, but it feels potentially worth it. Will need to see Dps numbers on PoB once available.
But I feel we are extremely starved for points now, especially if we want things like +1 chaos gem level (5 points), some minion dps nodes, clusters, some masteries, etc...

On the topic of masteries, which Minion Offence Masteries will be best? There is 20% offering, overwhelm, unholy might, accuracy. They all seem nice?
Also does anyone know if the increased Whither efficiency applies to the whither made by our Arakaali spiders? If yes, corruption could be a must have (get +35% withered effect an +1 chaos gem)
"
Zepepsico wrote:
Disclaimer: I played the HoP version, not the HoAg, but I plan to make the move this league to HoAg.

I had a quick look at the tree and did some calculations which may need confirmation.

My first goal is to check if we can get about 75/75 without glancing blow (it's the equivalent of +200% MOE eHP)

To do that:

* Tempest Shield is kinda mandatory. With HoAg, Discipline and Determination, we have a base 202% to offset. And if we keep memory vault (waiting for PoB to check if still best in slot), we have a 20% reduced Reservation Efficiency to offset

* This in turn implies we must take Sovereignty, the 15% increased Reservation Efficiency Mastery, Influence (the RE part of it) and anoint Charisma. That is still not enough. We seem to need: 1 Discipline Mastery (on Insightfulness or unnatural calm), 1 Determination Mastery (the closest we have is Combat Stamina) and still need a single cluster of aura ( either one small jewel or in a megalomaniac)

* There is a big choice then: do you want to sacrifice utility (Time of Need) or Dps (Unwavering Crusade) for Bastion of Hope (can give 2/10 or 12/0 depending on whether you use BL or Cyclone). I'd prefer not to, which means:

* I need to get Safeguard and Arcane Guarding to cap Spell Block (+2% max spell block is an option)

* And I need a red dream, which seems to only give 10/0 in its new location below Templar start.

* I then need about 20 points through cluster jewels. Can get some through a large jewel, the rest through megalomaniacs.

Getting rid of GB is costing us a lot, but it feels potentially worth it. Will need to see Dps numbers on PoB once available.
But I feel we are extremely starved for points now, especially if we want things like +1 chaos gem level (5 points), some minion dps nodes, clusters, some masteries, etc...

On the topic of masteries, which Minion Offence Masteries will be best? There is 20% offering, overwhelm, unholy might, accuracy. They all seem nice?
Also does anyone know if the increased Whither efficiency applies to the whither made by our Arakaali spiders? If yes, corruption could be a must have (get +35% withered effect an +1 chaos gem)

Can you share your experience with HoP from prev league please?
I'm planning to follow HoP build for 3.16 so I'm interested in your opinion as experienced person.
Some one tried alread the new POB dev with the new skill tree ? Currently looks more as as nerf

- I need more points
- the most mastery from the legacy path can't be used or useless

I think the values are not fixed, but i have still issues to get my 3.15 defens back
"
Zepepsico wrote:

To do that:

HeymZepescio,

Minion dps on the tree and in mastery don't offer much for HoA without virulences of "pure agony" (you can anoint gravepact if you need damage), we get the damage from clusters and synergizing withers and virulences beside gemlevels.

Did you checked in "determination" and "self-control" on the small clusters for mana? And their transfer points shall add some efficiances too.
Did you checked default helmet-enchant and that HoA needs less multipliers than HoP?

The red nightmare in the place of blue nightmare adds 14% attackblock when pob is correct, not 10%, I hope unchanged.

Capping spellblock can also be placed on a large cluster with conjured wall and magehunter (10%), or arcane guarding, and replica pure talent (2x 4%) or flexible sentry etc. offer a lot possibilities as well as watcher's eye block mods of determination and discipline, all is shown on page 50 in spoiler "The allstars in [3.16] Scourge", but of course we need to switch in tempest shield and an attack to trigger bastion of hope's 10% attackblock:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3019705/page/50

II. Full block without glancing blows sources:

bastion of hope/ vengeance or riposte ? counterattack triggers / keynote iron reflexes or ghost dance/ tempest shield/ the red nightmare/ replica pure talent? / perhaps block-cluster like enduring ward, flexible sentry, riot queller, one with the shield, second skin, viciuous guard, rote reinforcement or others?/ evt. unique amulet stranglegasp or block/ spellblockmods of watcher's eye determination/ discipline

Overall with the same tree full block needs tempest shield and ascendancy bastion of hope to get 74% attackblock, 63% spellblock.

From that further a Rumi's flask alone is almost enough for mapping.

But much better is of course:

Attackblock:

40% tree, gear,
10% bastion of hope
14% red nightmare
6% attackblock shieldmastery from "+1% Chance to Block Attack Damage per 5% Chance to Block on Equipped Shield"
4% attackblock pure talent (or more on watcher's eye mod)

For spellblock

57% gear, tree
10% bastion of hope
25% tempest shield (or 26% level 21?)
4% replica pure talent
2% on belt jewel or more on watcher's eye mod

63% spellblock

then add like you prefer:

10% large cluster magehunter and conjured wall (3 passives needed, loose a bit miniondamage) https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Expedition/XlP4n7BIP or more recommended only 8% spellblock watcher's eye discipline mod or 12% arcane guarding (5 passives needed).

- looks easy and solid or did I forgot something? The 1 or 2% can be filled with flexible sentry instead with ailments avoidances or other interesting cluster notables, but we have of course rumi's or shield implicits or watcher's eye or amulet anoint etc. if we miss the last 1% much too much.

I guess with the fullblock, curseresistance somewhere else like on flask or pantheon, and regenerations from armourmastery or es/ hit discipline-mod watcher's eye or divine shield that will be tanky, tanky and tanky... ;-)

Edited: the red nightmare fits not otimal in new tree (developer pob-mod), so watcher's eye determination block-mod or cluster is more valuable.

Last edited by Chromino on Oct 18, 2021, 3:42:33 PM
Will you make new passive tree and gem links for 3.16 before league start , or you will update it later of the league Chromino? I'm new to this build but kinda wanna start league with it
"
ahegao21 wrote:
Will you make new passive tree and gem links for 3.16 before league start , or you will update it later of the league Chromino? I'm new to this build but kinda wanna start league with it

I start updating and improvements with the release of patched path of building community fork. Mostly I need 1-2 days then after and I am advanced in messing up first pob's, hehe.
There will be not overwhelming many changes, only new alternatives with keystones (are added already in spoiler "bodyarmour" already now and edition fullblock as written in the post above.
"
Fanatic88 wrote:
Some one tried alread the new POB dev with the new skill tree ? Currently looks more as as nerf

- I need more points

I think the values are not fixed, but i have still issues to get my 3.15 defens back

I guess we will enjoy big buffs in damage and defences also. We benefit tripple overall from buffs of ar, es, ev, determination, grace, skin of the lords, masteries.

Downside is nerfed memory vault and nerfed blindings.

edited:The tree is a bit nerfed (2 passives more needed pathing), I check it in the pob-developer mode at the moment.

Looks like we need 90 passives classic pathing, 30 passives clusters (2 large, 4 medium, 2 small), 2 points still free to choose for masteries, runebinder, clusterskills or something else...

We path the shield-mastery, resistance-mastery, energy-shield-mastery, reservation mastery.
To path the armour-mastery we can vary the tree easy and take the shortcut just at the templar start for 4-5 free passives or regret 2 points holy dominion, because blue or red nightmare are not fitting well, we switch them to shieldmastery or path armourmastery.

To summarize: The buffs will be big! Hehe! On page 50 I added already a spoiler "The allstars in [3.16] Scourge":

Last edited by Chromino on Oct 18, 2021, 4:07:10 PM
Did we get something against DOT damage? Felt that was a problem in previous leagues.

Looking forwards to trying this again :)
"
Chromino wrote:
"
Fanatic88 wrote:

- I need more points

I guess we will enjoy big buffs in damage and defences also. We benefit tripple overall from buffs of ar, es, ev, determination, grace, skin of the lords, masteries.

Downside is nerfed memory vault and nerfed blindings. The tree is a bit nerfed, I check it in the developer mode at the moment.

To summarize: The buffs will be big! Hehe! On page 50 I added already a spoiler "The allstars in [3.16] Scourge":

Hi mate! Nice build. I used to run a max block gladiator hoag quite a while back and was looking forward to go hoag guardian this league.

I just checked the new POB community fork and I fail to see the big buffs you mentioned! Looking forward to see your updated pob though.
From what I see: less ES regen, a bit more ES, like 20 less spell block, 10k less armor, not enough skill points (126/123 if using the same path) xD

Full disclosure: I used the same pathing as your pob (https://pastebin.com/HmJLh4ip), I didn't change a thing just to check the "big buffs". I didn't use masteries at all. Will tinker a bit, change some jewels (blue nightmare seems to be a waste) and clusters and see what I come up with.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info