⛵☁️[3.25] The Arachnophobia Allstars| Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 150M+

"
sumfight wrote:
problem with the spiders

Summoning spiders require both kill and corpses.

If HoA or spiders kill enemies by hit, they won't trigger arakaali's fang. If there are no corpses around, nothing happens too.

Your poison from ball lightning will trigger AF only if poison kills the enemies, but it is too weak. And poison applied by spiders isn't too strong too. In most cases, enemies will be killed by spiders/crawler hits and not by applied poison, that is why you are having such a random number of spiders.

When I started playing this build, I was a bit dissatisfied by the fact, that to maintain spiders, sometimes I had to stop during maps to resummon spiders by desecrate/storm brand/worms flask. It felt very clunky to me.

That is why I came up with the idea to craft Culling Strike gloves for this build:

Culling Strike is the best way to trivialize arakaali's fang triggering right now, and in 3.16 new unique gloves should completely solve the problem.

Edit: Basically, you can get culling strike by whatever source, be it animated guardian, support skill gem instead of the storm brand, or whatever else).
Last edited by monik390 on Oct 17, 2021, 1:33:47 AM
"
monik390 wrote:
"
sumfight wrote:
problem with the spiders

Summoning spiders require both kill and corpses.

If HoA or spiders kill enemies by hit, they won't trigger arakaali's fang. If there are no corpses around, nothing happens too.

Your poison from ball lightning will trigger AF only if poison kills the enemies, but it is too weak. And poison applied by spiders isn't too strong too. In most cases, enemies will be killed by spiders/crawler hits and not by applied poison, that is why you are having such a random number of spiders.

When I started playing this build, I was a bit dissatisfied by the fact, that to maintain spiders, sometimes I had to stop during maps to resummon spiders by desecrate/storm brand/worms flask. It felt very clunky to me.

That is why I came up with the idea to craft Culling Strike gloves for this build:

Culling Strike is the best way to trivialize arakaali's fang triggering right now, and in 3.16 new unique gloves should completely solve the problem.

Edit: Basically, you can get culling strike by whatever source, be it animated guardian, support skill gem instead of the storm brand, or whatever else).

Thank you for letting me know. This sounds like something I'd very much like to do, will give it a shot tomorrow morning.
"
graeMEGA wrote:
How many virulence stacks can you maintain on a single target if you use x2 storm brand, rune binder, and faster casting? Also what about x2 storm brand, rune binder, faster casting, and swiftbrand support?

I really want to try this build, but I don't want to have to cast ball lightning all the time :S

Hi graeMEGA,

In mobs and maps you reach with 1-3 stormbrands full 50-60 virulences.

On mapbosses you get with 1-3 stormbrands and faster casting 30 virulences.

With runebinder added, in 3.16 2 pathing passives only, you reach 38-40 virulences, 2 brands attached.

Swiftbrand support is around 5 virulences more.

That is enough damage for almost all mapbosses without ball-lightnings, but for bigger bosses like Sirus or Shaper you need the additional ball-lightnings.
So, would we use new gloves in this build or not? To trivialise spider summoning.

Also, with +2 gemlevels Skin of the Lords with a useful keystone will be BiS here?
"
Chromino wrote:

Hi graeMEGA,

In mobs and maps you reach with 1-3 stormbrands full 50-60 virulences.

On mapbosses you get with 1-3 stormbrands and faster casting 30 virulences.

With runebinder added, in 3.16 2 pathing passives only, you reach 38-40 virulences, 2 brands attached.

Swiftbrand support is around 5 virulences more.

That is enough damage for almost all mapbosses without ball-lightnings, but for bigger bosses like Sirus or Shaper you need the additional ball-lightnings.

Thank you!
what do you think about using bow with block damage quiver, new mode for regen es, watchstone es on hit and storm rain?
Last edited by Rutelun on Oct 17, 2021, 6:39:55 AM
"
Ksakep wrote:
So, would we use new gloves in this build or not? To trivialise spider summoning.

Also, with +2 gemlevels Skin of the Lords with a useful keystone will be BiS here?

Gloves will be perfect for relaxing mapping, but not good at all for bossing. You'll probably need to switch your glove for more powerful bosses.

Skin of the Lords have always been the BiS, even more with a good keystone.
So the +2 gemlevel is just a buff to a already BiS xD
Last edited by Chimnei_Moon on Oct 17, 2021, 7:37:46 AM
"
Rutelun wrote:
what do you think about using bow with block damage quiver, new mode for regen es, watchstone es on hit and storm rain?

yes, basically it's a very interesting path.

You mean the blocks of rearguard quiver?
With rearguard quiver it's possible to use another 6 link. Watcher's eye es on hit is very strong with high attack/ cast speed of this build, and when you combinate it with new divine shield or ghost dance it's woth a try also without aegis aurora shield.

There will be probably 2 paths of third and maxed up defensive layers in combination with basic high armour, high es and high es on block in 3.16 for the build. I am curiuous about the tree, masteries and pob:

I. Evasion:

with grace/ vaal grace/ keynote divine shield or ghost dance/ jade flask/ withering step ? / defiance banner? /

II. Full block without glancing blows:

bastion of hope/ vengeance or riposte ? counterattack / keynote iron reflexes or ghost dance/ tempest shield/ the red nightmare/ replica pure talent/ perhaps block-cluster like enduring ward, flexible sentry, riot queller, one with the shield, second skin, viciuous guard, rote reinforcement or others/ evt. unique amulet stranglegasp or block/ spellblockmods of watcher's eye determination/ discipline

For both paths watcher's eye with es on hit will be b.i.s., probably after the es-buffs we reach 7.5k es a bit faster.
Last edited by Chromino on Oct 17, 2021, 10:03:40 AM
Hey !

I played this build in ultimatum ...high level ultimatum obliterated every build except this one !
I skipped in 3.15 because of mana cost ( before GGG realised how unfair it was ).

Is it OK now ? Can we use agony crawler enchant on helmet or we need determination reservation ?
What about the new mana reservation efficiency ? In theory it should be smoother for us.

I saw a mastery that allow "Discipline has 25% increased mana reservation efficiency" which could really help for a single point ... if a mastery could reduce something like this for herald, it would be so nice .... it will probably exist but in discord artisan node which we dont use
Can't wait to have the full list of masteries and to get POB
Last edited by Arkanis_Gath on Oct 17, 2021, 8:23:22 AM
"
Arkanis_Gath wrote:
Hey !

I played this build in ultimatum ...high level ultimatum obliterated every build except this one !
I skipped in 3.15 because of mana cost ( before GGG realised how unfair it was ).

Is it OK now ? Can we use agony crawler enchant on helmet or we need determination reservation ?
What about the new mana reservation efficiency ? In theory it should be smoother for us.

I saw a mastery that allow "Discipline has 25% increased mana reservation efficiency" which could really help for a single point ... if a mastery could reduce something like this for herald, it would be so nice .... it will probably exist but in discord artisan node which we dont use
Can't wait to have the full list of masteries and to get POB

yes, before the patches in first weeks of 3.15 the build needed one slot more for less skillreservations like second circle of nostalgia or helmet enchant.
After the patch in second or third week 3.15 the build had more opportunities again. It used then default 2x uncompromising on 2 small clusters or 2 circle of nostalgia (as long as you did not got op unique medium clusters with pure agony/ uncompromising or self-control).

This will be changed in 3.16 to 1x uncompromising and 1x self-control on small clusters.
Workarounds for grace without aul's uprising amulet get a bit more complex, but probably will still work with helmet enchant and 2 x circle of nostalgia. The build works of course without grace too and tempest shield get's very interesting in 3.16 for full block without glancing blows with bastion of hope and the red nightmare instead blue nightmare.

All possibilities are in the spoiler "manamanager".

Probably manamanagement gets in 3.16 a bit easier, but let's wait for the final tree and all masteries.

Thank you a lot Arkanis_Gath!
Very nice to swarm again!
Last edited by Chromino on Oct 17, 2021, 9:54:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info