⛵☁️[3.25] The Arachnophobia Allstars| Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 150M+

"
radius540 wrote:
R.I.P Memory Vault...

I loved it too and will memorize long the nice lion's pokerface.
It's still one possibilty, second possibility is a rare 7 link helmet for example (spectres) to reach 90k armour with more damage, or with new grace a high evasion helmet to push evasion and / or armour with iron reflexes.
Just to clarify some stuff about Memory Vault nerf.

Atm, I have 52k armor no flasks and 4.2k mana reserved.

With the new MV I get 84% increased armor. Adding buffed determination with 2k armor I get 44k armor. instead of 52k I have curently.

So, this nerf of MV is not a big deal, considering all the fancy stuff we are getting.

P.s. Just a few mins in PoB simulating. Nothing special :/
how much armour is left? es gain on block?
bitch about a niche game? lol.
each new league is a circus of nerfs and buffs.
where is the element of fun in discovering the unknown in this game?
Probably there will be different build editions with different armour setups offered because of the high buffed 50-100% raised armour formula, which means overcapped physical damage reductions are reached with much lower armour. Armour of the build will be probabably final 60-140k armour as now: 60 k armour for more damage with increased gemlevels and offensive helmet etc., or 120 - 140 k armour with 3.16 buffed grace, perhaps new es/ ar passive-cluster and iron reflexes.

I personally guess that 110k armour, 2200 es/ on block is perfect in all content like full deliriums. Higher armour created more safety and tankyness, but above 100k- 110 k armour it was a very nice variant to switch in more es, dodge or damage. With 3.16 probably much less armour is needed, because the new armour formula is much more effective against big physical hits.
Last edited by Chromino on Oct 9, 2021, 4:17:38 AM
"
Chromino wrote:
Probably there will be different build editions with different armour setups offered because of the high buffed 50-100% raised armour formula, which means overcapped physical damage reductions are reached with much lower armour. Armour of the build will be probabably final 60-140k armour as now: 60 k armour for more damage with increased gemlevels and offensive helmet etc., or 120 - 140 k armour with 3.16 buffed grace, perhaps new es/ ar passive-cluster and iron reflexes.

I personally guess that 110k armour, 2200 es/ on block is perfect in all content like full deliriums. Higher armour created more safety and tankyness, but above 100, 110 k armour it was a very nice variant to switch in more es, dodge or damage. With 3.16 probably much less armour is needed, because the new armour formula is much more effective against big physical hits.

Great! Build is still well alive. Didnt do this one in expedition, cause didnt feel the need for a tanky build, instead went with earthbreaker totems, but god it was damn squishy though it had decent burst dps and weird qol (totems still killed bosses even when u are dead). Died couple of times to offscreen projectiles grinding l100, cant even cap attack block w/o sacrificing good amounts of damage.
bitch about a niche game? lol.
each new league is a circus of nerfs and buffs.
where is the element of fun in discovering the unknown in this game?
do we benefit from the reservation efficiency changes?
"
creativdude wrote:

Yep, if aura clusters are fine.
"
monik390 wrote:
"
creativdude wrote:

Yep, if aura clusters are fine.

Thats good to hear. Looks like herald clusters weren't affected by the aura nerfs, so sounds like everything is good. this build is the most attractive option that i see at the moment
Last edited by creativdude on Oct 8, 2021, 10:05:36 AM
Been busy with running the gauntlet and Anomaleague 2 private league -- but figured I needed to make sure I tried the feared at least once this league with this build.

The Feared down with 2 deaths

Both to me being overly aggressive and cycloning in to put vulnerability on and then getting stunned/hit by degens and whatnot -- I should have just ran around the outside ring while avoiding degens more and looked for a better opening/waited. Chayula/Atziri/Cortex bosses are a much bigger threat than elder/shaper imo

Used the standard setup I have equipped, only difference from normal setup is I swapped pierce for vile toxins in chest and melee splash for multistrike in the dagger.

GG

Maybe I'll actually try levelling to 100? I dunno, never been a big thing I do previously -- but I've completed all content in the build, so quite happy with it.

Very interested to see what happens with it next league, I may even try league starting a guardian... tho that may be a bad idea since it'd be a better swap-to after starting as Toxic Rain
Looking at the new changes for defense and Reservation Efficiency, this build is looking pretty enticing, but I did see an issue.

Did some excel math using the numbers provided by the manifesto, and a couple things to note:

No idea if Circle of Nostaliga and other Herald focused "reduced reservation" effects will be adjusted, or if it's just ones that affect auras. If it is translated as double the reduced reservation as reservation efficiency, then they should be 30-40% reservation efficiency. Shouldn't make any meaningful difference in the build mathematically.

The piece that does make a meaningful difference is how stacking the same aura reservation reduction is now bad. It is strictly worse to stack two Uncompromising, and is better to get one Uncompromising (60 reservation efficiency for Determination) and one Self-Control (100 reservation efficiency for Discipline). This is according to the manifesto numbers given.

This build did NOT dodge the aura nerfs regarding reservation efficiency due to the change to Memory Vault. As it is now, you have to use two Circles of Nostalgia or annoint Charisma. I haven't played this build, so I'm not sure if that's a normal requirement, but I thought I'd point it out.
Last edited by JoeBroski on Oct 8, 2021, 5:51:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info