⛵☁️[3.25] The Arachnophobia Allstars| Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 150M+

"
Chromino wrote:
"
radius540 wrote:
R.I.P Memory Vault...

I loved it too and will memorize long the nice lion's pokerface.
It's still one possibilty, second possibility is a rare 7 link helmet for example (spectres) to reach 90k armour with more damage, or with new grace a high evasion helmet to push evasion and / or armour with iron reflexes.

Yeah with the new 2k base armour a level 20 determination will give, which is 2/3 of the base armour Memory Vault gives in the Boss Hunter-60 POB link, Memory Vault might not be necessary anymore to get to the same high armour numbers.
"
JoeBroski wrote:

This build did NOT dodge the aura nerfs regarding reservation efficiency due to the change to Memory Vault. As it is now, you have to use two Circles of Nostalgia or anoint Charisma. I haven't played this build, so I'm not sure if that's a normal requirement, but I thought I'd point it out.

The default build indeed is using 2*CoN, and the thing here on the higher end si - there's no problem with mana reservation at all because there are many things to choose from.

For example, on my setup I'm running Determination, Grace(Aul's), Discipline, Defiance banner, lvl 21 Clarity, no Charisma, and still have over 330 unreserved mana, which is too much.

Right now I'm completely unafraid of mana reservation nerf simply because it is easy to adjust things due to the low quantity of big auras and a big room for tinkering. Even if determination cluster stacking got nerfed to the ground, it is not a problem at all. As you said, we can go with just the discipline cluster or whatever else, it's not a problem to sacrifice smth.

As for the Memory Vault, it's still a preferable choice due to the amount of ES and mana, and it still gives quite a lot of Armor.

On the other hand, I'm sure that nothing can beat Xoph's helmets for armor stacking in 3.16, but they are not as good as MV for ES mana guardian builds.
Last edited by monik390 on Oct 9, 2021, 1:53:52 AM
I think too that switching 1x uncompromising resulting into 1x self-control combined with 1× uncompromising on 2 small clusters is the way to go and enough mana also for an unset ring or different helmet enchant. Of course all easy possibilities of "mana-manager" remain like discord artisan, the stampede-boots with a second anointment discord artisan/ champion of the cause etc.

I personally map often with a unique cluster with only self control added to pure agony, one unset ring switched in, vitality level 20 and regretted on top 3 passivepoints "influence" and stayed by much too much 150 unreserved mana. Or I used the different helmet enchant "HoA fires additional projectiles" for deliriums and delve without problems with 1 jewel more impliciting 1% less skill reservations.

Alpha howl with less manareservation, freeze-imunities, auralevels and multiplied evasion by the new buffed grace and skin of the lords iron reflexes is perhaps another possibility, the brine crown remains attractive as well as tanky memory vault still with high mana and es.

The new armour is an extreme buff to the defences as well as buffed grace and probably the new passive clusters, mana was in 3.15 very often too much and many percents often remained unreserved - the nerfs will not hit hard and target aurabots.
Last edited by Chromino on Oct 9, 2021, 4:45:26 AM
"
Chromino wrote:

Alpha howl with less manareservation, freeze-imunities, auralevels and multiplied evasion by the new buffed grace and skin of the lords iron reflexes is perhaps another possibility, the brine crown remains attractive as well as tanky memory vault still with high mana and es.

The new armour is an extreme buff to the defences as well as buffed grace and probably the new passive clusters, mana was in 3.15 very often too much and many percents often remained unreserved - the nerfs will not hit hard.

The latter part is indeed how I feel, completely agree.

By the way, according to https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Receiving_damage, preventing damage from the hit is achievable by evasion/dodge.

So, with the new Divine Shield keystone (which is in a templar area), it is totally legit to choose smth else instead of the Iron Reflexes, making the build easier to get going with more options.

Anyway, sounds good.

Yeah, I'm running:

HoA
Determination (from Aegis)
21 Precision
20 Clarity
Discipline
Dread Banner
Grace (free via Auls)

1 Uncompromising
2 CoN's with reduced reservation
4 jewels with 1 RMR Corruption

and all the standard passive skilltree stuffs.

If we can get effectively more reservation... I could see maybe switching a Banners skill to Arctic Armour or even Hatred can become realistic options for the build -- or you know, just adding more auras *BUT* we don't have any gemslots to spare, so we're going to have to get them via corruptions if anything

Just another try to fight Maven - I died all the time and used up all portals within just few minutes. Can anyone kill Maven for me so I can make a checkmark behind this fight?

Thanks
You guys misunderstand the math a little regarding the nerf to mana reservation: this build invested enough into reservation reduction that it is now slightly worse after the reservation efficiency. Due to diminishing returns of efficiency, you cannot get a banner in after Determination and Discipline without both Charisma AND two Circles of Nostalgia.

I'm not saying this build was broken by it, but you can consider the reserved mana nerfed by 10-20% or so, for this build specifically. It went from "I have a little but too much mana leftover after reservations" to "nothing else can fit except flat value auras".

To put the math into perspective, if you got two Circles of Nostalgia, all the normal reservation efficiency in the tree for this guide, Annoint Charisma, and get FOUR small clusters just for Determination and Discipline (2 for each), you can now get a 25% reservation instead of a banner. That last 15% would require two more small clusters.

The diminishing returns on Mana Efficiency is a steep slope, and this build is riiiight on the edge.
Last edited by JoeBroski on Oct 9, 2021, 10:02:51 AM
"
JoeBroski wrote:
You guys misunderstand the math a little regarding the nerf to mana reservation: this build invested enough into reservation reduction that it is now slightly worse after the reservation efficiency. Due to diminishing returns of efficiency, you cannot get a banner in after Determination and Discipline without both Charisma AND two Circles of Nostalgia.

I'm not saying this build was broken by it, but you can consider the reserved mana nerfed by 10-20% or so, for this build specifically. It went from "I have a little but too much mana leftover after reservations" to "nothing else can fit except flat value auras".

To put the math into perspective, if you got two Circles of Nostalgia, all the normal reservation efficiency in the tree for this guide, Annoint Charisma, and get FOUR small clusters just for Determination and Discipline (2 for each), you can now get a 25% reservation instead of a banner. That last 15% would require two more small clusters.

The diminishing returns on Mana Efficiency is a steep slope, and this build is riiiight on the edge.

Ordinary you go without banner in this build.

With banner you need probably 2 circles of nostalgia OR mandatory the helmet enchant HoA reduced reservation, yes, like they are used already in the recommended edition. I guess you forgot the helmet-enchantment in your maths or you forgot aul's uprising?

Of course there are banner reductions easy to get on a unique or small cluster with "master of command" too if you want switch in an additional banner.

I am not sure and wait for updates, but with our limited investments in manareductions:

- going without charisma
- and without influence is possible in this build
- we are using only 1-2x reductions on clusters (and not 4 like in your calculation)
- the new clusters have also increased efficiency on the transfer points
- discord artisan is possible as variant
- Alpha howl is possible
- even helmet enchant less skill reservation or 2 rings of nostalgia were not needed mandatory in 3.15

I cannot detect problems with the new dimishing reservation efficiency reductions.

Or change simply increased duration to enlighten support, a jewel to conqueror efficiancy or use stampede boots anointed with discord artisan. In the spoiler "manamanager" are 12 more ways of manareductions shown and even using 4 small clusters (instead recommended 2 small clusters) is easy possible.

There are many interesting ways as it seems for the build and defences get much easier to optimize.

Last edited by Chromino on Oct 9, 2021, 1:39:47 PM
"
JoeBroski wrote:

It is not a problem.

Mandatory auras: Determination, Grace, Discipline. 1 big aura is free due to Auls.
Anything else is optional - this is the main concept of the build.

That is why we told ya, that there is no problem with the nerf, basically. Yes, it's hitting, but whatever. Not a big deal.

Edit: Also, HoAg is perfectly fine going a bit off-color for reducing mana reservation by choosing less hungry support skills. Plus, if things go south, sacrificing Memory Vault is an option too.

P.s. No one rejects your math and the results of your study. We appreciate it. But there are too many ways to deal with such a small problem.
Last edited by monik390 on Oct 9, 2021, 11:29:20 AM
memory vault got a slight nerf? whats the rationale behind that? lol
bitch about a niche game? lol.
each new league is a circus of nerfs and buffs.
where is the element of fun in discovering the unknown in this game?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info