⛵☁️[3.25] The Arachnophobia Allstars| Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 150M+

This build in [3.15] Expedition

Now a lot of all expeditions were done, experiences were completed, a blizzard was seen and the masses of hack & slay of first and second month of league were finished. It's time again to add some thoughts about scorpions, spiders and allstars!

Weekend of Leaguestart

In the first week of 3.15 the build of the allstars was not as well performing as in last leagues 3.14 or 3.13.

Aurabots for groups and dominating blow-mainskill were leading the guardian charts in the levels around 95 in the first week of the expedition-league.

Arakaali's fang, the blue nightmare and memory vault were very, very popular, much requested and tophigh and also overpriced traded. The Arakaali's fang was for some days the most or one of the most expensive traded unique piece in whole poe with 2-3 exalts. So some gamers did not got central piece of the Arachnophobia Allstars in the first days of the league and used the variant of cold iron point daggers instead ...

Again the tankyness combined with comfortable top damage was extreme popular for leaguemechanics, only 2 damagenotes were not nice fitting for blockbased CI - Builds.

Patches, Hotpatches and Patchnotes

Skin of the loyals and skin of the lords were bugged and did dropped 5 days without any blue sockets, so it was impossible to optimize manareservations and damage in leaguestart. Pob was also bugged and it was hard to optimize best mana reservations in the app.
Mana multipliers were increased much and then patched with lower reservation-reductions again. After the third patch of ggg the Arachnophobiatics were able to free up a skillreservationslot again on helmet, rings or amulet-anoint without b.i.s.-gear or to use 2-6 different passivepoints.

Performing of the build in [III.XV]

5 days later...

Some days later, after the stormy start, the Arachnophobiatics were climbing the poeninja-rankings again. A lot level 100's were reached and more of the most arachnophils climbed into the top guardian-rankings and heralds-rankings again like in the leagues before.

Also without optimized gear level 100 was reached easy and many Arachnophobiatics got to the top of the top 40 / 40 completed challenges.
This happened some days later as in the leagues before because of the globalnerfs of expeditionsleague (damagenerfs, supportsnerfs, flasksnerfs) and bugged colours of armoursockets and highpriced or even overpriced poe-trading in the leaguestarting-days.

Also top hardcore-levels 98 and above were reached again.

Popularity of the build

Progressing & following to [3.14] Ultimatum 50% more exiles used arachnophil guardians and 60% more climbed into the top leaderboard of guardian-ascendancy with HoA and Arakaali's fang. Last league already the build proved to be tasty, fine mixed and maxed and climbed into top positions and reached an incredible quintupled range of users. Now 80% of Scorpionminions choosed the guardian-ascendancy and - that is a new peak! On top around 90% users in the guardian-ascendancy follow and fellow the Agonyca Arachnophobia Allstars. The forumthread counts now 50000 views each month and 190 pages of discussions, individualizations and tipps - that is extreme interesting. The Herald of Agony is the second top build of the guardians now and raises fast further.

So so so - the build is booming loud!!

Arachnophobiatic!!

Goodguygaming3 introduced also the build on twitch and YouTube as the best startingbuild with minions in the guardian ascendancy #1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR86eiBMiTY&t=80s

Thank you very much goodguygaming3!

Development of the build

This league only small changes were added to the build, like the new b.i.s. Divergent Herald of Agony level 21 gem with 40% increased chance to poison, the new basalt flask with mooooooree armour as very nice flask possibility and the crafted automatical triggered & used anti-ailments flasks as a big q.o.l. upgrade.

Anomalous poison support was changed and nerfed to chance to poison, poison damage was buffed a little bit. As a result I optimized the pathing for levelling to arrive faster to the new used serpentine spellslinger for 90% chance to poison, more virulences and damage even starting without Divergent Herald of Agony.

The levelling tipps and guide were improved much and were better ordered, also the poe-tradelinks page 50 were developped much better and obtained a clean-up and better index and ranking.

A levelling section for path of building is still in progress - thank you a lot Hauke! Arachnophilia!

Some smaller spoilers like "Why Guardian? Why HoA?" and on page 50 were added, spoilers on page 50 like "More Tipps for Shaper, Maven, the Feared" and "Crafting clusters and gear" were improved.
I improved the spoiler "other ailments", page 1, and "hardcore" page 50 with an better overview how to reach 80% - 100% elemental ailments immunities and I listed the defensive layers against all other ailments as well as flasks against special bosses more clearly.

Invitation and request for help and crafting

Because I am not much experienced with crafting, I would be very, very happy when an Arachnophobiatic would make & create a small crafting guide for the rare gloves with high es, faster casting, slower projectiles, and the rare boots with increased duration, and the stygian belt and amulet with increased skillgemlevels. Because many new poe-gamers use the build it would be a big upgrade for the Arachnophilias!

The build in Poe-Trade

As I wrote above Arakaali's fang, the blue nightmare and memory vault were expensive in leaguestart for 8, 9 days, but after got lower more reasonable prices again. Workarounds were no problems with cold iron point dagger and Rumi's concoction or replica pure talent.

After the first week....

Amulett aul's uprising was expensive again as last league. Empower gems and bottled faith reached some tophigh prices too.

Much very nice rare gloves were often crafted and easy plus cheap to get, also Stygian belts, helmet enchants, the circle of nostalgia and all clusters.

Overall the build's prices in traiding raised a bit - mainly for empower gems and also again aul's uprising.

Thank you a lot! I enjoy the community, the discussions, the questions and the individualizations and variations very much!

Spoiler

Also for me personally in real colours there were some new expeditions upwards on canvas .... 36 meters to map and explore in varnish and oil ;-)

/ "declination", detail

Last edited by Chromino on Sep 28, 2021, 4:05:31 AM
I looked through, but if I remove any passives with reservation reduction I can't keep everything up. I did figure out why earlier I saw the lower (49 mana) unreserved, if I equip toxins instead of pierce that's what I have left.

"

I'll take a look at those, I was thinking the iron reflexes but finding the right colors has been difficult and pretty expensive. Last set I found with perfect colors was 40ex.

@Valsacar

If you cant find iron reflex with 3g,2r,1b, just search for 2-2-2 and use predator support version. Its much cheaper & stronger for single target. You can switch Vicious projectile to pierce when mapping. its about 15ex now

Or if you want cheaper, you can get iron ref 3G-3R version for added fire damage & take EE. The damage in only a bit lower by the price is way cheaper -now only 4ex.
Last edited by chaoswind7 on Sep 25, 2021, 11:38:54 PM
Can anyone offer me a little advice on where to from here?

I find that the build isn't particularly good at the end game (seem to be getting stun locked).

This is my current tree and gear (I do understand there is a little more ES to get and the additional curse, but at level 100, I get maybe another 900 shield not sure what tangible difference that will make).

https://pastebin.com/B6hLgT5j

Help would be appreciated - earned most of my currency with a Spectre build - thought this would be much tankier. If I just suck in general and it should be tanky I will try something else.
"
ksin070 wrote:
Can anyone offer me a little advice on where to from here?

I find that the build isn't particularly good at the end game (seem to be getting stun locked).

This is my current tree and gear (I do understand there is a little more ES to get and the additional curse, but at level 100, I get maybe another 900 shield not sure what tangible difference that will make).

https://pastebin.com/B6hLgT5j

Help would be appreciated - earned most of my currency with a Spectre build - thought this would be much tankier. If I just suck in general and it should be tanky I will try something else.

Hi ksin070,

I personally got only stunlocks next to invulnerability shrines.
Ordinary you should have 80-100% stun resistances and avoidances, 50% as CI, 20% with determination clusters, some more on boots and cluster implicits. On top ordinary you use blindings, so there are ordinary no problems.

You can:

- easy get an antistunsuffix on a rare flask
- or use a unique flasks "Kiara's determination" or try out "lion's roar" knockbacks instead rare granite flask
- craft antistun- implicits on jewels and clusters in harvest
- use stats slots on boots - you already have it there-, belt, gloves or boot enchant
- change pantheon to the brine king
- when you get somewhere a chance to blind (on beltjewel for minions or stibnite flask, clusters etc.) it will help you also a lot against stuns with 50% evaded hits

On page 50 is a complete spoiler "sources for stats" which list all possibilities:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3019705/page/50

Often chainfreezes are the problems and slow you:
craft with your crafting bench the antifreeze flask automatic triggered "used when you get frozen" and check the spoiler "other ailments".

I take later a look at your pob on desktop pc if you miss other important stats.

Edited:

I checked your pob, 7k energyshield is a little bit low, regret 2 points serpentine spellslinger (you have divergent HoA level 21, use only first 10% chance to poison of the cluster, 90% chance to poison are great) and put them into igniteresistance next to anointed flesh and "deep thoughts". 3.3 M HoA, 2M spiders are fine and great singletarget. rare gloves are a nice possibilty for more castspeed, virulences and damage.

110k armour are great too for your level 91.

Did you checked all stats of the spoiler "checklist defences" like maxed pantheons?
20% quality on flask are nice to have too.

Your defences are fine, only get a bit more energyshield - with 7k you will get problems in multiple damagemods red t16: 7.5k are much better - and improve your flasks and in debuffing maps your resistances have no reserves, be careful in some mapmods.

Overall:
As written above, with blindings you evade most easy 50% taken stunning or freezing hits, try to get it on a jewel for your minions.
Improve your flasks and try rare gloves for more virulences and damage.
These 3 changes soley would be huge upgrades in your setup.
Last edited by Chromino on Sep 27, 2021, 4:52:21 AM
A lot Congratulations too-to level 100 experience TemplarTheDaddy!

Again a very interesting and well-done set-up:
poeninja shows 136k armour, 9k ES, then very interesting only 50 virulences - that's only 1.7M damage HoA. NoxOnion take a tour for some more armour and crit- and cursereductions of Sanctum of thoughts instead Holy Dominion, pathing along arcane guarding in the passive tree also and Harmonie of purpose ascendancy.
With a +2 gemlevel triggerwand, funny frostwalls, vitality, anomalous hop for ascendancy onslaught buff and tauntings and then with an interesting +5 vivinsect unset ring socketing grace his armour raises buffed with grace and flasks to 185 k and with vaal molten shell to 1/4M: top 247k, 5k es/ on each block is tanky!

- a very solid, very interesting defensive gearing and skilling! Nice!

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/NoxOnion/TemplarTheDaddy?i=13&search=class%3DGuardian%26skill%3DHerald-of-Agony

Great 35/40 challenges + Maven kicked fine - congratulations!
Last edited by Chromino on Sep 27, 2021, 12:39:58 PM
This guide is sooo in-depth - its hard to find the spots where you should start reading :D

can someone give me a more detailed way on how to level with the desired skill-tree?

especially the first 18 level seem strange (maybe its because of the 3.15 nerfs, but almost every spell/attack feels weak)

"
maverik1337 wrote:
This guide is sooo in-depth - its hard to find the spots where you should start reading :D

can someone give me a more detailed way on how to level with the desired skill-tree?

especially the first 18 level seem strange (maybe its because of the 3.15 nerfs, but almost every spell/attack feels weak)

Hi maverik1337,

screenshots of levellingtrees and all tipps for relaxed levelling are shown in the spoiler "Tipps for beginning, levelling, gearing, trading and Leaguestart".
Head for some life notes, then minion notes like gravepact or spiritual aid, then after to serpentine spellslinger for more chance to poison --> more virulences--> much more damage, see spoiler "checklist damage" or section gloves in "gear, skills, links". The damage raises and the build gets fast with "pure agony" on medium clusters and of course the combination with spiders and withers with Arakaali's fang.
HoA is not slow levelling with storm brands (and got much less nerfed then other damagebuilds in endgame 3.15), but also not the most fast one. If you prefer faster speedlevelling, there are all tipps and some alternatives in the start of the spoiler.

Thank you very much and let the spiders dance!

Last edited by Chromino on Sep 28, 2021, 4:27:10 AM
"
Chromino wrote:

hehehe!

Yes, maven is hard to get down into the dust of victory ...

Maven should be possible overall with your damage and your defences. I think it's about movement and knowing her attacks creating aoe's groundeffects and of course change a bit the flasks like in "boss-hunting" shown with antifreeze (and perhaps) to move faster when you are chilled or frozen. With militant faith and transcendence 100k armour are enough to facetank almost all of her attacks and spells. Only her broad laser debuffs too much and can kill you when it critical hits. And you can stay also 1-2 seconds in her heavy groundeffects.
Only when there are too much physical damage dealing bosses spawned by her you have kite a bit around the arena against them with militant faith, but you get also huge es on block to facetank most... So facetank most and deal damage, get only very fast out of the degen-ground-effects. I personally always die each time to her memory games, but almost never in the combat, hehe.

Your gear is almost b.i.s. and there are more smaller improvements left.
You go with very nice 4.4M hoA damage against predator marked singeltargets, 2.1M spiders are very nice also - that 6.1 M would be enough damage, 120k armour (90% elemental damagereductions with militant faith/ transcendence) are great, 7.4k ES could be a bit more but are fine and okay.

Only upgrades I see are:

- When you use jewel militant faith, you still need the golden rule for singletarget-virulences and damage

- flasks are best with flagellants "Gain 1 charge when you are hit"

- anomalous ball-lightnings adds cast speed --> virulences --> damage

- Divergent HoA level 21, quality 20%, for 2 more passive points instead two last passives serpentine spellslinger

- put out Rumi's concoction (72% spellblock are enough) or put out 1x granite flask (don't use 2x granite / Rumi's, they don't stack 2x 1500 armour)

- against some bosses like sirus permament corrupted blood immunity on a jewel is better than only flasks depending

- blindings somewhere (on belt jewel for minions for example) adds a lot ehp too.

- divergent frostblink have much better cooldowns, with your a little low es 7.4k divergent frostshield with 30% dr is nice against crits, divergent cast when stunned proccs better than default cws

- Did you upgrade the pantheons? Burning ground can kill CI's very fast for example.

- Some gamers play / individualize better with more damage, you can try out more skillgemlevels or hatred with ee for faster killing the bosses.

Your set-up is already very, very nice and almost best-in-slot!

Thanks - I changed accordingly and Sirus is no issue anymore. Maven and Shaper+Elder still not possible for me but this is because I can't react fast enough. Thanks a lot. https://pastebin.com/q9EnRW2x
Hello
I strugle with A9 Sirus and want ask what would be better for my Spiders
melee Physical damage support or Multistrike Support i have sadly only 20/20 Melee Physical damage Support. Do you recomend for Endgame boss fights Multistrike?

My spiders getting Killed aswell, or i feel licke it, and feeling too a low damage on A9 Sirus.

I know i have still a high amount of Gear upgrades.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info