Clarifying the Ascendancy Changes

it's all good GGG,

They know that people who like to complain are quick to cry in forums, those with little game time and no knowledge.

All of my friends, my guild, and I think these nerfs were very justified and badly needed.

Don't let that touch you, we all have a lot of hype and look forward to rituals.
Wow this news sure is hot cakes.
It will convert your forum titles into decorative square badges that use the space next to your forum posts more economically so that you can show off an unlimited number of them at any one time. - GGG, 2018 (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3573673)
What could possibly change with todays/tomorrow patch notes anyway? ascendecies are being constantly nerfed regardless..

Remember the melee "rework"? 3.7 remembers..
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
"
Jerle wrote:
Wow this news sure is hot cakes.

have you even played this game bro?
GGG Must really have covid because confusion is a big symptom. The only buffs are for pathfinder. Berserker and Elementalist. Is this how ggg has become as a company? forcing lies to a weaker minded community that is trying to believe in your progress while you at the same time ruin the game because we're not playing it how you want us to. You add multi bosses and yet remove defense and now offense to every build in this game. Stop lying and get back to the old ggg we used to love and know.
good job. nerfs were needed. buffs as well. but most of all giving ascendancies character instead of "does it have dmg and movespeed". like the generalized effects on some classes like phasing and onslaught on raider, no dependences whatsoever. no more crit dependence on jugg acc, too, nerfed flat acc but rewards speccing into it. I'm still waiting to use the acc support gem at some point, maybe this will be the time.

also double totem cast on the tree would be grand. I'm sure some concerns about the nerfs will be washed away by the coming reveals. it's a fine marketing strategy. bad news first so you can crush em with hype in the final moments before the league starts. :P
Hey, hey! It's the Postal Dude! Get him!
Appreciate the clarification and changes you made. It keeps this game fresh.
"
Daenyo wrote:
good job. nerfs were needed. buffs as well. but most of all giving ascendancies character instead of "does it have dmg and movespeed". like the generalized effects on some classes like phasing and onslaught on raider, no dependences whatsoever. no more crit dependence on jugg acc, too, nerfed flat acc but rewards speccing into it. I'm still waiting to use the acc support gem at some point, maybe this will be the time.

also double totem cast on the tree would be grand. I'm sure some concerns about the nerfs will be washed away by the coming reveals. it's a fine marketing strategy. bad news first so you can crush em with hype in the final moments before the league starts. :P

As a raider every league (almost) I can tell you, that Avatar of the Veil after the changes is not worth picking whatsoever. Perma phasing (which only let you move through units) is obsolete since Dash gem was introduced to the game, elemental exposure is relatively easy to get somewhere else (i.e. Acranist Brand + Wave of Conviction) the only unique effect being immunity to elemental ailments while under phasing. Compared to evasion, dodges and attack/movement speed Avatar of the Chase branch gives, it's silly to even consider going for Veil. So much for diversification and opening new build possibilities.
Btw Veil branch lost 40% ele dmg, while Chase branch lost 50% att dmg in the process of "opening new build paths". Quite the sizeable change on a 0,7% in 90-100 lvl char pool ascendency, right?
Last edited by cimerea on Jan 12, 2021, 9:01:39 AM
GOOD job. Really liked the changes, since harvest and heist are going to core. I trully believe the gem and monster balances are going to be good too.

I am playing this game for a while and I am very happy with the balances along the time. I am tired to see this every league, people blame GGG for "nerfs" and when the leeague is lauched they say it´s broken and OP. It´s boring to hear it once again.

GREAT job, GGG.
Пог

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info