Clarifying the Ascendancy Changes

"
Ambassador wrote:
"
Interesting how many of "positive" comments come from people who collect account stickers like some nerd scout in camp, for his achievements.

Wallet people are sure "supportive" to any change.

explain how this is relevant.

You have never heard of sunk cost fallacy?

I'm not against the changes, but your wording is misleading. You straight-up nerfed MOST ascendancies, with a few tiny buffs here-and-there to off-meta choices.

I do think this was needed, but the "buffs and nerfs" wording you guys keep using will always get flak because it's at least 90% nerfs.
Mobile games have better trading...
I don't think it's that bad. I'm glad they are reworking it but I am worried about Scion TBH
"
Tonst3r wrote:
I'm not against the changes, but your wording is misleading. You straight-up nerfed MOST ascendancies, with a few tiny buffs here-and-there to off-meta choices.

This is clearly not the case. The most meta and overpowered ascendancies recevied nerfs. Are people really surprised that necro, assassin and trickster received nerfs? Champion Impale was due a nerf as well.

Some of the least popular ascendancies, including Raider, Slayer and Beserker were all buffed. 3 classes were reworked, all the other ascendancies received minor buffs/nerfs that mostly cancel out. Ascendant also received buffs (not related to aura stacking which was killed anyway).
Last edited by BrettLee on Jan 12, 2021, 9:42:45 AM
Overall pretty good changes, some more questionable then others but overall ok.

I look forward to the Slayer buffs, i mainly play Cyclone Slayer since i started in Harbinger
Last edited by o0_ANTI_0o on Jan 12, 2021, 9:42:38 AM
"
BrettLee wrote:
"
Tonst3r wrote:

This is clearly not the case. The most meta and overpowered ascendancies recevied nerfs. Are people really surprised that necro, assassin and trickster received nerfs? Champion Impale was due a nerf as well.

Some of the least popular ascendancies, including Raider, Slayer and Beserker were all buffed. 3 classes were reworked, all the other ascendancies received minor buffs/nerfs that mostly cancel out. Ascendant also received buffs (not related to aura stacking which was killed anyway).

Slayer and berserkser were not buffed. They were adjusted, with a lower DPS end-result. The only thing Slayer is getting to compensate is + melee range IF you go that node.
Mobile games have better trading...
I mean, not that I'm complaining, but bleed gladiators were just straight-up gutted lol. Not really sure where the argument that this was an "adjustment" is--they got no meaningful buffs at all. Gladiators aren't going to suddenly go max block with 2h weapons.
So.. with this "balance" what can you still play on Shadow cause BV is out of the question with the nerf Assasin got, also all the other poison skills like Toxic Rain/Caustic Arrow can't be played either because of the nerf to Trickster - which also affects ED contagion due to the DOT damage removal.

Why don't you just remove poison skills from the game, there is no ascendancy on which you can play them anymore.

Just look at this crap:

Patient Reaper
Added
Recover 3% of Life on Kill
Recover 3% of Energy Shield on Kill
Recover 3% of Mana on Kill

Removed
50% increased Damage over Time
Recover 2% of Life on Kill
Recover 2% of Energy Shield on Kill
Recover 4% of Mana on Kill

GGG calls this balancing - yep, lost 50% increased damage over time, but got that magical extra 1% life and ES recovery, balanced, should more than compensate for the huge damage loss!
Looking forward to the league!!! Please don't nerf Necros anymore. :( :(
"
codetaku wrote:
I mean, not that I'm complaining, but bleed gladiators were just straight-up gutted lol. Not really sure where the argument that this was an "adjustment" is--they got no meaningful buffs at all. Gladiators aren't going to suddenly go max block with 2h weapons.

I believe they rebalanced it so that RANGER would be the new bleed bow class which kind of makes sense when you think about it. I always thought it was odd that the gladiator would be used for bleed BOW

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info