[3.25] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability. Melting all content.

"
JennoJoyce wrote:

1. no need to target farm tidebreaker, just use any 2H weapon that you can get your hands on

2. I have not thought of that mechanism, it is certainly interesting. Feel free to give it a try and let us know how it works:)

3. you don't really need to look for the buff to hit the boss. Just trust your luck :D , most of the time we don't really need that buff

Thanks for the answer, I will probably use this axe until I can find/craft a better one... cause rampage is fun, and I did like 30 runs on brine king's reef and didn't drop a single card for tidebreaker.

Soul tether is working pretty nicely so far, I feel it makes me a lot more tanky against big groups of enemies where the damage does not come in one hit but over time. Stygian vise is surely still better in the very late game.
Any thoughts using Craiceann's Carapace with Craiceann's Pincers/tracks? What i saw in PoB that atleast for me pincers would be bit of damage boost and having crab armour on might help survivability.
"
Enzoniewski wrote:
I have a problem with the ring and skitterbot. It takes an additional 35% of mana and only 37 free mana remains, 36 of which are consumed by tectonic slam and I have a problem with spell continuity (sometimes mana does not regenerate from the amulet). I just want to know if it's worth it and if so, how?
My PoB: https://pastebin.com/90z3SR4i

Hi, you are supposed to use enlighten support to link all your auras.

Also, you should use combustion instead of fortify, check Q&A for details about combustion

At last, you need to make sure to use the same skill, similar gear and same tree as the 2ex POB and your damage will increase a lot.
[3.19] Jenno's Staff Crit Lightning Conduit Elementalist - All Rounder Spell Caster Build.
[3.17] Ultimate Self-cast Flameblast Occulist. Pure Damage and Tankiness for End Game.
[3.17] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability.
"
Bobsagoth wrote:
Any thoughts using Craiceann's Carapace with Craiceann's Pincers/tracks? What i saw in PoB that atleast for me pincers would be bit of damage boost and having crab armour on might help survivability.

That's certainly a combination I've never thought of. I never tried the aspect of crab skill, but looking at wiki, it seems like it provides up to 20% phys reduction and the buff disappears when hit (but it might regenerate back quickly).

So my initial thought is that it won't benefit us much, because our phys reduction is constantly capped at 90% because of the flask + end charges. But I'm glad to be proven wrong.
[3.19] Jenno's Staff Crit Lightning Conduit Elementalist - All Rounder Spell Caster Build.
[3.17] Ultimate Self-cast Flameblast Occulist. Pure Damage and Tankiness for End Game.
Greetings! I have been enjoying this build very much, having a lot of success in the early mapping stages learning to cycle the shouts effectively is a ton of fun and the damage seems very good when everything is lined up. I guess I'm looking for some advice on what I should be focusing on next as I've managed to farm up a decent bit of currency and I have no familiarity with crafting in this game. I am attempting to learn a bit more about the different mechanics but purchasing gear seems to be the way to go for me right now because this game has some crazy amount of depth to it. This is my current gear spread on the level 85 chieftain.

Thanks in advance for any help, wonderful guide for a returning noob.

~Varmag
"
JennoJoyce wrote:
That's certainly a combination I've never thought of. I never tried the aspect of crab skill, but looking at wiki, it seems like it provides up to 20% phys reduction and the buff disappears when hit (but it might regenerate back quickly).

So my initial thought is that it won't benefit us much, because our phys reduction is constantly capped at 90% because of the flask + end charges. But I'm glad to be proven wrong.

Yeh true enough. It was more of in the line of quality of life for lazy player as myself since it has bleed immunity and now i realize that aspect of the crab does reserve mana which we don't have thus might as well forget this idea. Thanks for replying tho.
medium cluster with passive skills cooked alive and smoking remains cost 2mirrors, is it a joke? o.o or hard trolling
"
Furcikos wrote:
medium cluster with passive skills cooked alive and smoking remains cost 2mirrors, is it a joke? o.o or hard trolling

haha I will show you guys how to craft.
"
JennoJoyce wrote:
"
I'm starting to think it might make sense to just go for accuracy for the budget crit build. It seems like kind of a waste that we have 63% increased acc from the nodes we already have on the budget crit POB and we are still using cannot be evaded. Then we can replace an aura with precision since we are also trying to max crit anyways. Might still not be worth it but it's something to consider.

I tried that too, but then realized that in order to get 100% hit chance, we have to sacrifice a lot of damage.

Feel free to give that a try, I really want to solve our accuracy problem without the "hits can't be evaded" craft too.

yep, i've tried too. the problem is flat accuracy . several of the other duelist/marauder ascendancies have flat accuracy bonuses. the tree bonuses are almost all +% with some scattered flat accuracy bonuses, although small ones, for axe and sword.

That need for flat accuracy creates gear issues AND tree issues. I found that I had to have almost 600 flat accuracy on gear AND several more accuracy nodes in the tree AND a level 20 precision to get to hit chance in the high 90s, where it needs to be.

and this is the important part, it really, really has to be in the high 90s. if you have 5 APS then missing once isn't so bad. but if you are attacking maybe 1.25 aps then missing once _really_ hurts.

unfortunately it seems to me that the right answer for this style of build is hits can't be evaded. and that is also a problem. that means that you need 3ex right off the bat to get into crit, which is a much higher barrier to crit than most other crit builds. and for a casual like me having 3ex just for a craft means it's going to be difficult for me to put together the end game build.

I'm getting very nervous about heading into red maps with RT. i have a bad feeling this build is going to hit a pretty hard wall.
"
YTY6 wrote:
"
JennoJoyce wrote:

1. no need to target farm tidebreaker, just use any 2H weapon that you can get your hands on

2. I have not thought of that mechanism, it is certainly interesting. Feel free to give it a try and let us know how it works:)

3. you don't really need to look for the buff to hit the boss. Just trust your luck :D , most of the time we don't really need that buff

Thanks for the answer, I will probably use this axe until I can find/craft a better one... cause rampage is fun, and I did like 30 runs on brine king's reef and didn't drop a single card for tidebreaker.

Soul tether is working pretty nicely so far, I feel it makes me a lot more tanky against big groups of enemies where the damage does not come in one hit but over time. Stygian vise is surely still better in the very late game.

a tip about the axe, you can put it in your offhand while using another strong weapon as mainhand (I meant offhand as in clicking x and switching weapon)

Step 1: Switch weapon and kill a pack
Step 2: Switch back to main weapon and continue dealing damage
Step 3: You now have rampage

Just dont put any aura skills in the weapons and it will go smooth, im using this method cause I love rampage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info