Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

So - how's with that hypothermia in 6-link? Should I use it?
Last edited by Eilyssa on Mar 18, 2020, 5:33:05 PM
I would currently recommend Hypothermia over Cold Pen, because they nerfed ailment immune maps.

People ask about Frozen Trail a lot. If you try it on bosses you will quickly see its downsides. Due to the acceleration your Frosbolts are flying away from the boss, and remember the Ice Novas gain 35% more damage per echo, so if the final echoes miss it's really bad. People who run Frozen Trail socket Slower Projectiles for bosses, but you have to swap it out for clear, which is annoying... Finally, remember that Frozen Trail takes the place of an actual jewel; a top tier jewel is extremely valuable (up to like 3% life and 7% dps).

Cold-Blooded Killer would be better than Doryani's Lesson, we already have leech from ascendancy.

Power Charges for map clear are from Conviction of Power / Assassin's Mark ring. Most people can't afford Farrul's Fur or Skyforth which are the main ways we'd generate Power Charges on bosses.
"
Viperial7 wrote:
Yoooo im on [No trade] private league right now so don't have Pledeg of hands atm - trying to farm them.
Is this build good to go even without the pledge?

It's good, but not amazing. You are only at like 40% of power, but I made it to yellow maps before I got my pledge of hands and it wasn't any issue on dps. Might even make it to red, but once you get pledge and 5-6 link it, you are even better off.
hi! i just start these build what nodes should i take first?
hey what is the upgrade priority when moving from budget to standard build?
I was all for cold pen, but realised it was likely because I had no pen and struggled, and put it in and then smashed things.

But yes, looks like Hypo will do a bucket load more dps now.

But the cold pen thing was before i had Pandemonious as well.
I dont't need cold pen now because of pandemonious.

Just killed Awakener level 5 with 3 deaths, could literally tank most of the hits and regain life.

For me I see the next upgrades either being going for boots, or a farruls.. but i like the defensive layers of perfect form with artic armour especially for this league, and the sirus fight.

Although i can see the other flasks/etc being super good later for fast clearing.
"
Sc1ssorZ wrote:
hey what is the upgrade priority when moving from budget to standard build?

Pledge of hands should be top priority
sorry but i roughly meant after pledge of hands. i cant see what would be the best upgrade to go for armor+boots, pandemonius or helmet craft? started struggling with last stage conquerors
With us deallocating all of the crit nodes near CI in order to add cluster jewels, I'm liking Eye of the Storm (along with Cold Conduction, obviously) as the second notable for the medium cluster. Maybe it's something we dump if we get a Bottled Faith, but not sure.
I think Astonishing Affliction is by far the best for the second notable alongside Cold Conduction. If you take into account the 20% inc. effect of non-damaging ailments double-dipping with Bonechill and Cold Conduction, then Astonishing Affliction comes out to be ~6-7% more DPS, versus Eye of the Storm which is only 3.5% more DPS (my character even has low crit, 37% before diamond flask).

I'm happy to say I managed to theorycraft and craft a really good Large Cluster Jewel for this build:

Here's my setup now:

Let me know what you guys think. I have to sleep now but I'll update tomorrow on the crafting process (it's alt-regal-exalt, but it's kind of complicated on exactly what affixes are acceptable).

Note: PoB has a bug right now, if you import my character, the three notables on the Large Cluster Jewel appear rotated clockwise from where they actually are. In game, Prismatic Heart is on the left, Blanketed Snow on the right, and Widespread Destruction is on top and not allocated.
Last edited by Arcinde on Mar 19, 2020, 5:37:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info