[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

"
Pliskins wrote:
It states that it is 2 button build, but there are actually 4 (5 with Enduring cry but that is not for dmg).
1. Ice Nova of Frostbolts
2. Frostbolt
3. Cold Snap
4. Assasin's mark
My small brain wants less buttons, any suggestions? Ignore the low level gems, I am levelling them :D https://pobb.in/1UUokovCUZ85

Edit: POB added

I) link enduring cry w/ new call to arms support to automate it
II) link assassin's mark and/or cold snap w/ your cast when damage taken setup (you'll run them at lower levels so they work w/ your CWDT gem)

Those are the quickest fixes I see. Cold snap and/or assassin's mark shouldn't matter much in maps anyhow and you really don't need to think about using them outside tanky rares or bosses. Otherwise just find two buttons that are comfortable/easy to alternate to do your damage. I'm currently using my right-click for ice nova + mouse 4 (side button) for frostbolt.
Hi, first of all, huge thanks for this build. After starting this league late, I chose this to sink any and all accumulating currency into after being satisfied with my starter. The PoB is well donr and I greatly appreciate the effort put into this build, so thanks! It also forced me to switch to predictive networking mode since PoE would boot me as soon as I held down Ice Nova for an iota too long for performing too many actio, which I'll think of as a compliment rather than asign of my wonky connection.

I do have two crafting related questions since I don't have much experience there and as the PoB came with helpful crafting instructions, I thought to jumpin and maybe learn a thing or two even though it'd probably be more efficient to just trade for some gear.

First regarding the +2 amulet, I'm fairly certain I'm doing it right after double checking the PoB, wiki and Craft of Exile. I'm just getting a bit paranoid since I'm on 6+ tries to get a veiled prefix using a Veiled Orb. Of course, a 50/50 chance can work out like that, just want to eliminate error on my part:
After a failed attempt & shameful scourings after, when the amulet has nothing on it but the 2 gem prefixes and the fractured crit multi suffix, I craft "Prefixes cannot be changed" and use the Veiled Orb on it, nothing more and nothing less, correct?

Secondly, after doing the graveyard craft for res + cast speed rings, I got these 3 specimen along with mirrored versions:

Now the undesired mods like mana on kill or - to a lesser extent - increased rarity are just possibilities and bad luck for me. But does + phys damage to attacks breaking through a combined -2.317% chance (phys + attack) to block life point to me having made a mistake or is it once again just luck or lack thereof? I'm certain I did the craft right, pretty much had the site from the PoB open on the second monitor.

Hope this isn't too off topic, thanks again and I'll continue playing this build (maybe until the amulet eats my 20th Veiled Orb lol).
"
LoomingShare wrote:
Hi, first of all, huge thanks for this build. After starting this league late, I chose this to sink any and all accumulating currency into after being satisfied with my starter. The PoB is well donr and I greatly appreciate the effort put into this build, so thanks! It also forced me to switch to predictive networking mode since PoE would boot me as soon as I held down Ice Nova for an iota too long for performing too many actio, which I'll think of as a compliment rather than asign of my wonky connection.

I do have two crafting related questions since I don't have much experience there and as the PoB came with helpful crafting instructions, I thought to jumpin and maybe learn a thing or two even though it'd probably be more efficient to just trade for some gear.

First regarding the +2 amulet, I'm fairly certain I'm doing it right after double checking the PoB, wiki and Craft of Exile. I'm just getting a bit paranoid since I'm on 6+ tries to get a veiled prefix using a Veiled Orb. Of course, a 50/50 chance can work out like that, just want to eliminate error on my part:
After a failed attempt & shameful scourings after, when the amulet has nothing on it but the 2 gem prefixes and the fractured crit multi suffix, I craft "Prefixes cannot be changed" and use the Veiled Orb on it, nothing more and nothing less, correct?

Secondly, after doing the graveyard craft for res + cast speed rings, I got these 3 specimen along with mirrored versions:

Now the undesired mods like mana on kill or - to a lesser extent - increased rarity are just possibilities and bad luck for me. But does + phys damage to attacks breaking through a combined -2.317% chance (phys + attack) to block life point to me having made a mistake or is it once again just luck or lack thereof? I'm certain I did the craft right, pretty much had the site from the PoB open on the second monitor.

Hope this isn't too off topic, thanks again and I'll continue playing this build (maybe until the amulet eats my 20th Veiled Orb lol).

Yes I believe that's right on the veiled orb, seems like you were just unlucky. The 50/50 has always felt bad, the veiled orb price just makes it that much worse.

Those rings look fairly normal, you were probably just unlucky again to not get the ideal ones. The increased rarity prefix is very common and expected - we are trying to block all prefixes besides life and mana, and increased rarity has no tags so it has a very high chance to turn up. Getting other random junk is just bad luck. As I noted on the sudos.help link, it crafts 3.85 times and has a 36.7% chance to succeed on each craft, which comes out to about an 82.5% chance to get at least one ideal ring. This is pretty high but not perfect obviously.
Build continues to deliver as I've invested more into it. Possibly my favorite ever. Does everything well. 7/7 Ubers, 30/30 Simulacrum, etc. Have dumped hundreds of divines into it and could still improve if I was able to find more cast speed and/or crit multi (or successfully camp some very rare watcher's eyes on trade). All these improvements are very expensive, but even without them I'm achieving 7m on-hit sdps which basically takes down everything (not using cull). Very fun.

POB -- https://pobb.in/ReePAyF5fnqC
Last edited by WarPig17 on May 30, 2024, 12:41:30 AM
"
Arcinde wrote:
Yes I believe that's right on the veiled orb, seems like you were just unlucky. The 50/50 has always felt bad, the veiled orb price just makes it that much worse.

Those rings look fairly normal, you were probably just unlucky again to not get the ideal ones. The increased rarity prefix is very common and expected - we are trying to block all prefixes besides life and mana, and increased rarity has no tags so it has a very high chance to turn up. Getting other random junk is just bad luck. As I noted on the sudos.help link, it crafts 3.85 times and has a 36.7% chance to succeed on each craft, which comes out to about an 82.5% chance to get at least one ideal ring. This is pretty high but not perfect obviously.

Thank you for the clarification, especially you mentioning the craft precentages on the sudos.help link, I had managed to completely overlook those.

I did at least manage to finish the amulet. After using probably close to 15 Veiled Orbs (stopped counting as it was getting depressing), I recognised I had obviously picked a cursed base, so I rerolled a new one and hit the Veiled Orb craft in 2 tries:

Since my own PoB is a bit of a mess, I just took the one shared in the original post and imported my character into it, so some calcs etc may be off, it's mostly to share my current items for anyone interested. I started the league pretty late and am not the most efficient of players, but I'll focus on getting to level 100 and crafting more rings as well as a proper helmet, boots and gloves next.

https://pobb.in/INJIouImoFvr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info