[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

Hey all, I played a variant of this build back in Blight as a raider and I absolutely loved it. Giving the heiro a chance this league as raider felt super fast but very squishy.

Looking forward to watching this thread throughout this league!

EDIT: I have to say I absolutely hate the way ice nova looks now. Like someone else in the thread stated, it's just way too bright and flashy. I really wish we had an option for the previous ice nova mtx, it looked so smooth. I'd have no problem supporting the game with my cash if there was more than two sub-par choices for ice nova mtx.
Last edited by GrizzlyMonster on Mar 19, 2020, 8:41:20 PM
Iirc there was a bug introduced last league week 2 making metamorph freeze immune and was supposed to be fixed at a later date. I noticed I didn't freeze a single metamorph since league start while being able to freeze map bosses, is it due to their larger health pool as I'm still undergeared or was it never fixed ?
Last edited by ploxirion on Mar 19, 2020, 8:59:08 PM
I find myself super squishy starting maps with the build. Its very fun to play, but i just get smashed by even entry white maps. Not sure if its just itemization or if you have some advice for gaining tankiness?

Thanks
How come you guys were able to get pledge of hands so quick. Can't farm fast enough for the currency. Where did you farm the item itself guys? Need help.
"
XianZander wrote:
How come you guys were able to get pledge of hands so quick. Can't farm fast enough for the currency. Where did you farm the item itself guys? Need help.

Just run maps
"
Arcinde wrote:
I think Astonishing Affliction is by far the best for the second notable alongside Cold Conduction. If you take into account the 20% inc. effect of non-damaging ailments double-dipping with Bonechill and Cold Conduction, then Astonishing Affliction comes out to be ~6-7% more DPS, versus Eye of the Storm which is only 3.5% more DPS (my character even has low crit, 37% before diamond flask).

Are you calculating this manually or through PoB? Also, are you assuming that Cold Conduction applies our chill% to shock%, or that it has a flat shock value like Skitterbots? Regardless, PoB gives me significantly more damage with Eye of the Storm, which makes sense to me given our reduced crit and the fact that it gives us added shock effect.
Hello for example if i just get Act 3 what are gonna be my links now? can u give me a detailed 3L gems i need or 4L just to finish act then farm in blood to get better gear and continue reading the Guide u posted? or anyone here.
"
"
Arcinde wrote:
I think Astonishing Affliction is by far the best for the second notable alongside Cold Conduction. If you take into account the 20% inc. effect of non-damaging ailments double-dipping with Bonechill and Cold Conduction, then Astonishing Affliction comes out to be ~6-7% more DPS, versus Eye of the Storm which is only 3.5% more DPS (my character even has low crit, 37% before diamond flask).

Are you calculating this manually or through PoB? Also, are you assuming that Cold Conduction applies our chill% to shock%, or that it has a flat shock value like Skitterbots? Regardless, PoB gives me significantly more damage with Eye of the Storm, which makes sense to me given our reduced crit and the fact that it gives us added shock effect.

Calculating manually, and I am assuming Cold Conduction applies base shock (15%) which scales with shock effect.
Issue with Eye of the Storm is that I don't think the wording applies to us:
"20% increased Effect of Chill you inflict with Critical Strikes" - this does not scale the chill of Cold Snap's chilled ground, and thus doesn't increase our Bonechill.
"20% increased Effect of Shock you inflict with Critical Strikes" - this does not apply to Cold Conduction because it applies base shock. Cold Conduction does not cause our hits to shock like Shocking Conflux would.
However I could be wrong, most of this is just educated guesses based on the wording, there is no good way to test the damage in-game.
Last edited by Arcinde on Mar 20, 2020, 4:36:49 AM
Loving the build now. First and Second Sirus fights are deathless, deathless Shaper , deathless Elder (didnt try UE yet), all that just feels amazing. EZ 1m+ in PoB, and there's still ways to improve!
How is leveling with this Build from early on as a Twink?
(With Tabula, all Gems etc)

Is it possible or should you level with a different build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info