[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

"
Arcinde wrote:
For league start Power Charge generation is only on-kill from ascendancy and Assassin's Mark ring. To get uptime on bosses we need Skyforth or Farrul's Fur.

i'm using this combo for uptime on bosses

How is something like this for the build? (except the low level)
"
Soraliste wrote:
Hey, I have a little problem with this build and I hope someone can help me because I dont understand how I can go further with it.

I can clear without any problem every T16, even with delirium. My Clearspeed is more than ok, but my problem comes from the dps. I can kill all Shaper/elder guardian but its really slow. Really not nearly as fast as expected.

At the moment, I really don't think you can say that my build is a bosskiller, I would like to know how to improve this.

Seriously, I spent several hours analyzing the pob without knowing exactly where I made a mistake. And currently, I don't know what I could improve on my build

If I believe poeninja, I am 11th in terms of dps, but when I look at other people's stuff, I have the impression that mine is much better

I must have missed something important. That's all I can see.

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Soraliste/Soraliste_FBIN?i=10&search=class%3DHierophant%26item%3DPledge-of-Hands%26skill%3DIce-Nova%26sort%3Ddps

Sorry for any grammatical errors, English is not my 1st language.

- You're missing 5 elemental pen from convict of power.
- Omeyocan boots were only for deep delvers not the core build.
- Cold Penetration in your 6l is a must, remove hypothermia.. you don't need it for frenzy charges as you'll use cold snap you need the 30+ cold pen.. (only different if your using awakened gems).
- Precision can now be leveled to 20 not 1 due to the nerf

These all give you big dps boosts that aren't 'seen' but are huge.

"
veenarm wrote:

- Cold Penetration in your 6l is a must, remove hypothermia.. you don't need it for frenzy charges as you'll use cold snap you need the 30+ cold pen.. (only different if your using awakened gems).

His Ice Nova is only level 20 which is also a 10% DPS loss.

"
veenarm wrote:

Ty for your answers.

You're right about "Convict of Power", I will change that. I will try Cold Penetration.

I dont use Cold Snap, thats doesnt help on boss at all since we dont have the on kill effect, but I can try to put it in my cwdt setup.

I will level my precision, why not.

Actually, I dont think removing my Omeyocan is a good idea. Normal boots doesnt give any dps and Omeyocan seems to be BIS, even for normal mapping this league. Dodge is juste so important and Onslaught give a good dps boost.

I can also level my ice nova for a free 10% more damage, thats right too.

But honnestly, I dont feel like that will change a lot. I follow the same build than "Arcinde", I use the same stuff, and he have almost 3 or 4x more damage than me. He use, "Precision lvl 1", "Omeyocan", "Hyporthermia" and this is my main problem.

Even if I wanted to, I wouldn't know how to increase my dps that far. All the upgrades offered are nice but minor. And most of them ask to change things in the basic build, which does not explain how there can be such a difference.
"
Soraliste wrote:
"
veenarm wrote:

Ty for your answers.

You're right about "Convict of Power", I will change that. I will try Cold Penetration.

I dont use Cold Snap, thats doesnt help on boss at all since we dont have the on kill effect, but I can try to put it in my cwdt setup.

I will level my precision, why not.

Actually, I dont think removing my Omeyocan is a good idea. Normal boots doesnt give any dps and Omeyocan seems to be BIS, even for normal mapping this league. Dodge is juste so important and Onslaught give a good dps boost.

I can also level my ice nova for a free 10% more damage, thats right too.

But honnestly, I dont feel like that will change a lot. I follow the same build than "Arcinde", I use the same stuff, and he have almost 3 or 4x more damage than me. He use, "Precision lvl 1", "Omeyocan", "Hyporthermia" and this is my main problem.

Even if I wanted to, I wouldn't know how to increase my dps that far. All the upgrades offered are nice but minor. And most of them ask to change things in the basic build, which does not explain how there can be such a difference.

I don't know where you're reading to use hypothermia..

Both his characters have cold pen and even the PoB's have it..
Only one that doesn't is the awakened late gamer afaik as it uses Awakened Cold Damage (which has it at level 5 embedded).

His Precision lvl 1 was from last league before the nerf which gave 40% crit, it now only gives 20% crit and goes up per level from there, hence we now use higher level.

You need cold penetration, especially this league for the tanky mobs you need it to apply chill.

Omeyocan - I'm not sure but I can't see how losing 7% mana per second is a good idea for your defenses when using MoM 50%-60%

Also none of your gems are quality up..

You have to remember his build is min-maxed at top tier level.
Last edited by veenarm on Mar 18, 2020, 12:58:42 AM
"
veenarm wrote:

I don't know where you're reading to use hypothermia..

Both his characters have cold pen and even the PoB's have it..
Only one that doesn't is the awakened late gamer afaik as it uses Awakened Cold Damage (which has it at level 5 embedded).

His Precision lvl 1 was from last league before the nerf which gave 40% crit, it now only gives 20% crit and goes up per level from there, hence we now use higher level.

You need cold penetration, especially this league for the tanky mobs you need it to apply chill.

Omeyocan - I'm not sure but I can't see how losing 7% mana per second is a good idea for your defenses when using MoM 50%-60%

Also none of your gems are quality up..

You have to remember his build is min-maxed at top tier level.

Well, He use Hypothermia in all 3.9 build. POB are updated now, but I still use the 3.9 version. Thats why I use Hyporthermia. Like I said, I will change my gem, but thats doesnt explain the difference beetwen my POB and his POB. Same for precision. Same for quality gem.

I have more than enought mana regen to not lose any mana with Omeyocan, even afk in my HO. In map, I have a mana flask if needed. I doesnt see any reason to remove them. Also, I follow the delve build, because Delirium its basically a deep delve in map.

And I know his build is min maxed. Thats litteraly whats I ask. How I can min max my build to have the same dps ? Or even half his dps.

I have already spent several exalted orb into my build. My build is not cheap anymore, when I compare my stuff and his stuff, I doesnt see any big difference in term of dps. Yes, all his stuff is basically better. But not 4x better. And thats what I doesnt understand. I have used pob to change my stuff, add some things, remove other, Im still far from my objective. At best, I win 25% more damage. With full minimaxed build, I can win 400% more damage, and I just need 100% more to be happy.

Im just stuck. Okep, I can still win 10% with gem lvl, 5% with quality, maybe some% with cold pen but he have 400% more dps than me. There is necessarily something more in its build that I have not seen.

Do not misinterpret what I say, I very much appreciate your advice and I will apply them for the most part. But even by imitating all these tips on pob, I remain very far from my goal.
Last edited by Soraliste on Mar 18, 2020, 1:44:30 AM
not sure mate, all of those little things add up and some are multiplicative.

I'm stopping my build now, the RSI with this league mechanic is just too much, going to move to a more laid back build.

Cheers
How does this look on asssassin? I like assassin's more safe approach with no extra damage by crits from elusive and 25% more when rare/unique is nearby. Hiero does sound better defensive in raw form as well.
First Mirror drop at t8 pier map in legacy league :D
Second Mirror drop at t16 promenade map in delirium league :D
Gods knows what happened in affliction league... :L
So I've been stalking most of the high-challenges people's characters and saw that most of them AREN'T using the Skyforths or an extra support gem to get Power Charges.

Are those being generated from the tree?

Loving the build so far by the way, making my way up to T14 maps and shredding things :) A bit squishy in the delirium fog but I think that goes for pretty much anything this league!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info