[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

Nice build, the way it's explained, with short explanations on most things and all.. I wasn't planning to go Lightning Trap for Sentinel, but I might give it another try soon enough, this is tempting ^^

so.. going Lightning Trap only even for monotarget ? IIRC a boss can't be hit by more than one projectile per trap, right ?
Back then Lightning Spire was the way to go for bosses ^^

As for Divergent quality, I see it often picked over the normal quality.. I assume it's because at 23%, we consider it a "~23% more dmg" for when the projo comes back to hit again, beeing better compared to a 23% increased dmg + 11% shock effect ?
Harvest in a nutshell : https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2023/48/6/1701517918-poeh.jpg
Ultimatum : https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2023/48/6/1701517789-ultimatum-league.png
Expedition : https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2023/48/6/1701518028-poe-expedition-in-a-nutshell.png
"
fistoz wrote:
Nice build, the way it's explained, with short explanations on most things and all.. I wasn't planning to go Lightning Trap for Sentinel, but I might give it another try soon enough, this is tempting ^^

so.. going Lightning Trap only even for monotarget ? IIRC a boss can't be hit by more than one projectile per trap, right ?

As for Divergent quality, I see it often picked over the normal quality.. I assume it's because at 23%, we consider it a "~23% more dmg" for when the projo comes back to hit again, beeing better compared to a 23% increased dmg + 11% shock effect ?

As far as I understand it (and I think I do), a boss can be hit by multiple projectiles from one trap, but every projectile can only hit once. The returning projectiles come into play where the projectile did not hit on its first way outwards, then it can hit again while returning.

Oster can back me up on this though, he´s more knowledgeable when it comes to the trap-mechanics. But based on the typical PoB-Numbers this makes sense, as the dps is given per projectile and to reach the numbers we reached in the past multiple projectiles need to hit.

Oh and yes - its far more worth going just for the single 6-link to fit more debuffs/auras instead of going a 4-link spire. The dps is definately high enough.
Last edited by Vennto on May 3, 2022, 12:26:07 PM
"
Vennto wrote:
"
fistoz wrote:

As far as I understand it (and I think I do), a boss can be hit by multiple projectiles from one trap, but every projectile can only hit once. The returning projectiles come into play where the projectile did not hit on its first way outwards, then it can hit again while returning.

Oster can back me up on this though, he´s more knowledgeable when it comes to the trap-mechanics. But based on the typical PoB-Numbers this makes sense, as the dps is given per projectile and to reach the numbers we reached in the past multiple projectiles need to hit.

Oh and yes - its far more worth going just for the single 6-link to fit more debuffs/auras instead of going a 4-link spire. The dps is definately high enough.

That's all correct :)

Each projectile(all 9 of them) will damage the boss, assuming your trap is placed relatively close to the target in order to trigger. The "endgame" bosses all have the same predefined invisible boundry box that we have np hitting with our stats (we have 200 passive trigger area since 3.15 --- before that, we were using chain reaction... now we can use explosives expert)

Imo Divergent is a bit overrated, especially when you can grab the regular 21 Ltrap for like 10-20c, even rather early on.
On the other hand, it does add a little more clear, which is not bad since we dropped cluster traps. (but yes, each projectile can only hit the same target once, so no double whammy).

We've had a full league now using swift assembly instead of cluster and it turned out great. I've recorded so many completely silly videos this league, blowing up bosses in literal seconds and I'm still quite a step away from "maxing" my gear, especially my jewels, I still had a lot of trashy ones.

As a whole: Early on it can be a little tedious if you're using really terrible gear, but if you pickup *ok* start gear, you'll soon appreciate the combination of damage & survivability. 3.17 showed that you won't miss the extra traps from cluster as you can definitely feel the damage scaling that comes with picking up throw speed and having assembly without the -50% dmg from the cluster gem.

I did a video just recently, showing the build vs bosses, while using really crappy/cheap league start gear - I figured that'll be something a lot of ppl will ask for/want to see, when they start planning their next character for 3.18.

Last edited by oestergreen on May 3, 2022, 6:08:22 PM
Thank you.

Thank you for laying out such a detailed guide and including the beginner stages. I swear POB has ruined this type of assistance to new players. Most of them don’t even set up level guides, only what to expect at level 70 in maps. But you. You laid it out without a detail unmentioned. Again, thank you. The work that went into this is absolutely not going without notice.
Thanks you both for the answers :)
So.. Divergent LT mostly for clearing, for bossing Superior seems better to me.
For clusters.. I'll probably try out myself, especially for mapping where the loss of dmg might be less important.

I want to try building an Inquistor self cast EoW, then testing EoW as a trap (love that spell), but I guess LT's going in queue right after.
Harvest in a nutshell : https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2023/48/6/1701517918-poeh.jpg
Ultimatum : https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2023/48/6/1701517789-ultimatum-league.png
Expedition : https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2023/48/6/1701518028-poe-expedition-in-a-nutshell.png
Last edited by fistoz on May 4, 2022, 2:15:57 PM
3.18 looks great for us!

No balance changes, so we're good to go ;)

Last edited by oestergreen on May 5, 2022, 6:44:15 PM
"
oestergreen wrote:
3.18 looks great for us!

I like the fact that you can change maps making the monsters do less damage and have a bigger healthpool and vice versa. That way you could either go a bit more glass cannon, or just tanky, and adjust the maps.

I think that's the greatest change for me.

edit: weird typo
Last edited by baboen on May 6, 2022, 9:57:06 AM
"
baboen wrote:
"
oestergreen wrote:
3.18 looks great for us!

I like the fact that you can make chance maps making the monsters do less damage and have a bigger healthpool and vice versa. That way you could either go a bit more glass cannon, or just tanky, and adjust the maps.

I think that's the greatest change for me.

Definitely! I loved all the new keystones for the passive atlas tree, looks like tons of fun and even more player agency in the type of content we want to farm :)

"
Fearce22 wrote:
Thank you.

Thank you for laying out such a detailed guide and including the beginner stages. I swear POB has ruined this type of assistance to new players. Most of them don’t even set up level guides, only what to expect at level 70 in maps. But you. You laid it out without a detail unmentioned. Again, thank you. The work that went into this is absolutely not going without notice.

Thank you for the super kind words <3

Hope you have a great 3.18 league-start:)
Last edited by oestergreen on May 6, 2022, 9:46:15 AM
Think i'll be playing this league start again. Had a lot of loot drop luck last league so will see how well it goes again
"
oestergreen wrote:
"
Oeterama69 wrote:

Is my current setup. (EZ bossing/Deathless "The Feared" runs with 110% quant)

I also have a clarity/wrath Watcher's eye and 2 good jewels with triple crit multiplier lines.

I feel that I can buy a better weapon and swap out some skills maybe.

I also need to focus on more 21/23 gems.

Any tips?

Have you tried changing your +added to lightning spells, to raw% damage, spelldmg% or lightning%? I'm almost certain it would be a decent chunk of extra damage (since pain attunement boosts that by 30%).

Recently crafted these gloves and boots.

Yes, the elevated advances traps is overkill.

It's a great improvement when comparing it to my old gloves and boots.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info