[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

Started POE when leagues were first introduced. Left around ambush/domination. Cameback this league and tried this build, had some fond memories of fooling around with lightning trap.

And how lucky/glad I am that I chose this build. It was my dream to kill enddgame bosses, and this build makes it so easy.

I had some hiccups as i never played low life before, transitioning into CI was scary, then I get stuck because I was not following min maxxed version, but oh boy when I respecced into min/max annd bought the gear wow. The feel was so good muaahh...

I am so so damn excited to play this next league as I will have the experience and will no life to maps and enjoy this build to the fullest.

Mad props to DissentXTV for this beauty!

TLDR: Can't wait for next league to drop and to be a Battle Trapper again :)
https://twitch.tv/divineslight
"
blackdivine wrote:
Started POE when leagues were first introduced. Left around ambush/domination. Cameback this league and tried this build, had some fond memories of fooling around with lightning trap.

And how lucky/glad I am that I chose this build. It was my dream to kill enddgame bosses, and this build makes it so easy.

I had some hiccups as i never played low life before, transitioning into CI was scary, then I get stuck because I was not following min maxxed version, but oh boy when I respecced into min/max annd bought the gear wow. The feel was so good muaahh...

I am so so damn excited to play this next league as I will have the experience and will no life to maps and enjoy this build to the fullest.

Very kind words, thank you mate:)

Some music for the 3.18 lightning trapper leveling!! ;D

"

Last edited by oestergreen on Apr 23, 2022, 11:32:52 AM
"
blackdivine wrote:

Nice one mate, I had a similar experience. I went however for the extra tanky version, i guess next league I will try the min-max version as well. It seems easier on the passive tree (your char and mine are both lvl 95).

I went with tanky version because I wanted to avoid being oneshot by for example the Minotaur, but that still happens (after a burrow attack i think).
I saw Oestergreens video of his budget gear killing Minotaur in a few seconds, so that seems a more efficient way to avoid deaths.

So, ready for the next league!
Heyoh!
Bit of a long post, I apologize.
I started this league very very late, started a dex stacking totem pantless pervert (hiero), and rushed to get challenges done, it was alright, not really my style though in the end.
I got lucky and managed to scrape together some currency and decided that, in the last remaining weeks I wanted to try a few other builds to see what I wanted to make next league.

Cut to me stumbling across your build and, I leveled it, really enjoyed the leveling experience, it feels really smooth and you have done a exceptional job with the guide.
It is also my first time playing a LowLife build which is new and fun.

I was kinda wondering, what's your strategy for say leaguestart if you arent getting lucky and swimming in currency day 2.

Do you craft/buy all cluster jewels and THEN switch the build over to "minmax dmg" from the starter one, or do you get for instance 2 clusters and then swap?
Or do you go by level, like you need to be level 95+ for instance?

Sorry if that's a stupid question, I'm just trying to get better at planning things ahead myself, I dont like feeling stuck because I end up taking the wrong turn somewhere.
"
Chridian wrote:
Heyoh!
I started this league very very late, started a dex stacking totem pantless pervert (hiero), and rushed to get challenges done, it was alright, not really my style though in the end.
I got lucky and managed to scrape together some currency and decided that, in the last remaining weeks I wanted to try a few other builds to see what I wanted to make next league.

Cut to me stumbling across your build and, I leveled it, really enjoyed the leveling experience, it feels really smooth and you have done a exceptional job with the guide.

I was kinda wondering, what's your strategy for say leaguestart if you arent getting lucky and swimming in currency day 2.

Do you craft/buy all cluster jewels and THEN switch the build over to "minmax dmg" from the starter one, or do you get for instance 2 clusters and then swap?

Sorry if that's a stupid question, I'm just trying to get better at planning things ahead myself, I dont like feeling stuck because I end up taking the wrong turn somewhere.

I think I can help here. In general, the difference between endgame items and stuff that is really cheap are just a few optimizations. Take the Cluster-Jewel example. In a perfect world, you want:

1. Scintillating Idea
2. Storm Drinker
3. Doryanis Lesson
4. Some useful stats like dex, chaos res or whatever

Those can be extremely expensive to finish like that, but you can get a result to like 90% of that on a few chaos.

If you craft the Cluster jewels with metallic fossils they would take roughly 30 trys to reach Scintillating Idea + Storm drinker on max item level, but if you search for one with item-levels 50-67 you get there in an average of 17 metallic fossils. So you are looking at like 5c for the jewel, 12c for the fossils and maybe 17c for the resonators, total sum = 35c for a finished cluster jewel that delivers everything u need to start the season properly.

I personally never used anything but the low-life-version of the tree - I instantly rush the 6-link shavronnes, use a tabula before and get the bare minimum of the rest. By the time you are in red maps you should have your hands on all that. Like in my example, cluster jewels can be produced both for under 1 exalt. You can get your hands on very strong wands for like 20-40c if you use a very detailled search filter, baited breath belt is like 2c, the boots are cheap, and gloves + jewellery just needs to cap resistances. Especially since they made duo-pools a more viable option you can just stay on life + ES as long as you prefer.

Leaguestart has nothing to do with luck in general, ofc. you can get especially lucky once in a while, but it is really easy to just farm your way to the 6-link shavs and get your first 10 ex within the first day.

My go-to options that you can do until yellow tier maps:

-> Heisting + general mapping for chaos recipe
-> Delving, farm fossils yourself and sell the ones u dont need
-> Farm maps with specific 6-link div cards, sell the cards or even complete the sets and sell the items
-> Farm Betrayal, sell elreon rings + gravicious unveiled

The new atlas opens up a lot of nice possibilities too: Early blighted map farming for chaos recipe (metric TONS of jewellery, uniques etc), essences u can use to craft boots/belts ...

Early on everything is worth a ton I feel, just play enough with the mantra "hideout is lava" and be mindful with your currency and you´ll get to the desired level pretty fast.
"
Vennto wrote:
"
Chridian wrote:
Heyoh!

I think I can help here. In general, the difference between endgame items and stuff that is really cheap are just a few optimizations. Take the Cluster-Jewel example. In a perfect world, you want:

1. Scintillating Idea
2. Storm Drinker
3. Doryanis Lesson
4. Some useful stats like dex, chaos res or whatever

Those can be extremely expensive to finish like that, but you can get a result to like 90% of that on a few chaos.

If you craft the Cluster jewels with metallic fossils they would take roughly 30 trys to reach Scintillating Idea + Storm drinker on max item level, but if you search for one with item-levels 50-67 you get there in an average of 17 metallic fossils. So you are looking at like 5c for the jewel, 12c for the fossils and maybe 17c for the resonators, total sum = 35c for a finished cluster jewel that delivers everything u need to start the season properly.

I personally never used anything but the low-life-version of the tree - I instantly rush the 6-link shavronnes, use a tabula before and get the bare minimum of the rest. By the time you are in red maps you should have your hands on all that. Like in my example, cluster jewels can be produced both for under 1 exalt. You can get your hands on very strong wands for like 20-40c if you use a very detailled search filter, baited breath belt is like 2c, the boots are cheap, and gloves + jewellery just needs to cap resistances. Especially since they made duo-pools a more viable option you can just stay on life + ES as long as you prefer.

Leaguestart has nothing to do with luck in general, ofc. you can get especially lucky once in a while, but it is really easy to just farm your way to the 6-link shavs and get your first 10 ex within the first day.

My go-to options that you can do until yellow tier maps:

-> Heisting + general mapping for chaos recipe
-> Delving, farm fossils yourself and sell the ones u dont need
-> Farm maps with specific 6-link div cards, sell the cards or even complete the sets and sell the items
-> Farm Betrayal, sell elreon rings + gravicious unveiled

The new atlas opens up a lot of nice possibilities too: Early blighted map farming for chaos recipe (metric TONS of jewellery, uniques etc), essences u can use to craft boots/belts ...

Early on everything is worth a ton I feel, just play enough with the mantra "hideout is lava" and be mindful with your currency and you´ll get to the desired level pretty fast.

Yeah that makes sense, but I was more wondering about the leaguestarter version of the tree and the minmax version, the difference is 2 extra clusters and glancing blows etc.
As for the cluster, I managed to get scintilating idea, storm drinker and widespread.

I just want to understand, when to respec the tree to include the other clusters, do I need a certain level? Do I stay in the leaguestarter version until I have 2 clusters ready, 3 clusters?
"
I just want to understand, when to respec the tree to include the other clusters, do I need a certain level? Do I stay in the leaguestarter version until I have 2 clusters ready, 3 clusters?

You ideally want to be pretty high level due to our tree - it is very wide-spread, that means to reach all the relevant notables takes time on its own. Once you have those you start to incorporate the first cluster jewel and add nodes that help you make up for gear-weaknesses, be it attributes, more ES or whatever. With this u just try to reach a state where u can progress savely, ideally in red maps.

I can guess this sounds as vague as my first answer but it is difficult to point to a specific moment when you want to fully swap. It helps a lot to have played the build before to get a feel for it. Maybe u can take the next 2 weeks and do some testing, that might help quite a lot more than any tips experienced players can give u. I felt a lot stronger once I played the build the second time, the first time I even dropped it for a while since it didn´t perform to my likings before I invested quite a bunch of currency.
Last edited by Vennto on May 2, 2022, 11:07:47 AM
"
Vennto wrote:
"

You ideally want to be pretty high level due to our tree - it is very wide-spread, that means to reach all the relevant notables takes time on its own. Once you have those you start to incorporate the first cluster jewel and add nodes that help you make up for gear-weaknesses, be it attributes, more ES or whatever. With this u just try to reach a state where u can progress savely, ideally in red maps.

I can guess this sounds as vague as my first answer but it is difficult to point to a specific moment when you want to fully swap. It helps a lot to have played the build before to get a feel for it. Maybe u can take the next 2 weeks and do some testing, that might help quite a lot more than any tips experienced players can give u. I felt a lot stronger once I played the build the second time, the first time I even dropped it for a while since it didn´t perform to my likings before I invested quite a bunch of currency.

No it does kinda make sense, I did some counting (I'm very good at it, can count to 5 now) and I think level 95ish would make sense to swap to the minmax version as you will have full access to 2 clusters, but yeah I get what you mean, it depends what you have available in terms of jewels and of course if you have the necessary levels to reach said jewels.
And yeah I'll use the next 2 weeks to see if I can't find that sweetspot.
I do currently have clusters ready, and sitting on level 93, I'll keep on, keeping on ^^
Thanks for taking the time to help me out! Can't wait for next league to have more time to minmax what seems to be a build that ticks off all the boxes for me.
Yeah this build scales incredibly. In my most expensive iteration I´ve put I think 2.5 mirrors, including a triple stat watchers eye, a +4 shavronnes and like 4 perfect triple multi + ES jewels. I can highly recommend this build, very good mix of power and defenses. Since I cannot start 3.18 on time I am thinking of rolling this one again just because I don´t have time to test something else, but we´ll see - enjoy it as long as it lasts :)
Yeah I havent sunk that much into it, I got a shavs, some influenced pieces, threw on essences, and yeah help with enchant.
Main reason I'm wanting to progress to the minmax version is the fact that you get max block then tbh

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info