[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

Up to the T16 blighted maps, any build can make it just through towers, and traps should be just fine as a ranged heavy damage spamming skill ;)
Simple strat :
Spoiler
Just take burning ground on meteors and +25% buff tower effect then make clusters of meteor / lvl3freeze / lvl3seismic all under a lvl3 buff tower, all around the pump, and nothing will ever pass. Add a heavy minion (the other than the scouts) if there are some protected against freeze/stun and focus your skills on bosses while always staying near the pump so all towers around you keep working (they stop if you're far).

For Blight Ravaged on the other hand.. I can't confirm myself. Though I'd say it can wreck those as well, you mostly need heavy damage for multiple bosses and those traps with pierce should be OK.

Headhunter still does work with Traps, right ?
Well I'd love to get mageblood and it works with everything but.. gotta get lucky :D

Apart from the mods you could get on jewels/jewelry.. there are only the few nodes on top related to lightning.. so going for an Ice trap would work just as well I guess, or do you see some major differences to make in the builds ?
Love those too. Maybe I'll avoid lightning mods to be able to switch eventually, at least to see how it goes agaisnt uber ubers !
Harvest in a nutshell : https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2023/48/6/1701517918-poeh.jpg
Ultimatum : https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2023/48/6/1701517789-ultimatum-league.png
Expedition : https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2023/48/6/1701518028-poe-expedition-in-a-nutshell.png
Last edited by fistoz on May 13, 2022, 11:18:22 AM
Sadly i wont be able to make it home for league start.
With the removal of prophecies is there another way to get a 5L Shav other then the market?
Harvest sometimes offers to 5link.
But simply using fusing usually is OK, just don't forget to 20%+ quality before :)

"
oestergreen wrote:

Ehh.. you won't have to deal with long queue, crashes and various 1st hour bugs at least !

Questions on the tree on https://oestergreen.dk/dissentxtv/
- You don't keep the 30 life recover on traps mastery when going low health, right ? IIrc recovery doesn't apply to EZ through Zealot Oath.
- Lucky non-crit does provide some damages.. but considering we're trying to get much crit chc/multi, doesn't it becomes meh past early game too ?
- Isn't the 20% increased ES recovery interesting ?
- What are the other masteries you take ?
Harvest in a nutshell : https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2023/48/6/1701517918-poeh.jpg
Ultimatum : https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2023/48/6/1701517789-ultimatum-league.png
Expedition : https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2023/48/6/1701518028-poe-expedition-in-a-nutshell.png
Last edited by fistoz on May 14, 2022, 12:44:23 PM
"
fistoz wrote:
Harvest sometimes offers to 5link.
But simply using fusing usually is OK, just don't forget to 20%+ quality before :)

"
oestergreen wrote:

Ehh.. you won't have to deal with long queue, crashes and various 1st hour bugs at least !

Questions on the tree on https://oestergreen.dk/dissentxtv/
- You don't keep the 30 life recover on traps mastery when going low health, right ? IIrc recovery doesn't apply to EZ through Zealot Oath.
- Lucky non-crit does provide some damages.. but considering we're trying to get much crit chc/multi, doesn't it becomes meh past early game too ?
- Isn't the 20% increased ES recovery interesting ?
- What are the other masteries you take ?

In the POB you can see that he changes the "30 life recover" to "chance to throw 4 additional traps" once you go LL/CI

Somewhere he also explains that after getting enough crit he changes the "non crit is lucky" to "shocks can increase damage taken..."

As for the masteries, I think they're all in the POB as well, lots of mana reservation masteries and crit against unique enemies etc
this is not a good league start.
for me a league start character is one that can do maps after you get to them with the items you got along the way, maybe with ~ 20chaos that you could earn while lvling up, ofc if you are lucky you might have few ex when you finish all acts.

cant even do a t1 map without dying, harvest, expedition, ritual - forget about it, no point even trying. I got 20 chaos and some gear that i self found , what can i get for 20 chaos. Seriously not a league start, probably good if you can invest few ex, but not when you want to do it yourself - such as myself.

i'd recommend to start somewhere else and try it later if you get the currency.
Last edited by Iku on May 15, 2022, 1:46:56 PM
"
this is not a good league start.
for me a league start character is one that can do maps after you get to them with the items you got along the way, maybe with ~ 20chaos that you could earn while lvling up, ofc if you are lucky you might have few ex when you finish all acts.

cant even do a t1 map without dying, harvest, expedition, ritual - forget about it, no point even trying. I got 20 chaos and some gear that i self found , what can i get for 20 chaos. Seriously not a league start, probably good if you can invest few ex, but not when you want to do it yourself - such as myself.

i'd recommend to start somewhere else and try it later if you get the currency.

This has been my experience with the build, too. Even making the move to CI at 70 with 4.2k CI ES, the lack of physical resists and purity of elements, the build is handicapped by all the teleporting/physical swarming enemies. I can't recommend it as a league starter, not in 3.18, at least.
Last edited by Pip3r4o on May 15, 2022, 5:20:10 PM
Agree with the above comments. Feel like I've been trolled by another guide where everything is easy, does all content etc. Not on this league start, no way. Need a lot more defenses than you're going to get as a league starter.

Damage is fine so far but seems inconsistent. Might be due to more mobs having lightning resist mods. Thinking I might respec into a seismic trapper ans exang like everyone else.
"
Silenkurri wrote:
Agree with the above comments. Feel like I've been trolled by another guide where everything is easy, does all content etc. Not on this league start, no way. Need a lot more defenses than you're going to get as a league starter.

Damage is fine so far but seems inconsistent. Might be due to more mobs having lightning resist mods. Thinking I might respec into a seismic trapper and exang like everyone else.

You have to follow the guide, if you want results being equal to whats seen in the guide. :)

That goes for gems, flasks, links, tree etc.

We haven't used cluster traps since 3.16, since it got heavily nerfed.
Diamond flask is a big deal.
Essence surge is not something we use.
VAAL discipline is stressed in the guide, for a reason ... it's your immortality button, which refills very quickly and is basically your main survival until you craft your first shield with es% recovery.
The early 1alch/1c uniques, not sure why they're being ignored ... they are there for a reason :) (eks: rainbowstride, bated breath)
The lightning mastery 60% is only used in end-game gear (u should use the non-crit mastery until u have really good gear, from pob notes)
Rings in the guide as well, 40+es and 50+int, they cost 1c even early league and boost your ES a ton compared to using non-intel rings.
LVL 21 lightning trap is a gigantic boost to damage, it's why its mentioned in the guide.. its always extremely cheap, even now day 2-3 of the new league, its only 1-2chaos for a lvl 21.
You can easily use seismic in early levels/maps, while you build your gear for lightning trap to solo everything on its own - just use the lightning mastery 40% conversion and phys to lightning 50% support gem, for 90% conversion in the seismic links and use it the same way you would use lightning spire, as its a cooldown trap u just dump on bosses while you're spamming your main trap (lightning trap).

Spoiler
Seismic Trap (4-Link)
At level 28, you may optionally add a Seismic Trap setup, then as you level further pickup the lightning mastery eventually also with 40% conversion from phys to light and the support gem also giving 50% conversion. Seismic traps will only be used as a drop&forget on bosses. Otherwise check the gem links section in this guide and consider using the Mark-Curse/Exposure setup vs bosses only.

✔️ Seismic Trap ➡️> Trap and Mine Damage Support ➡️> Physical to Lightning Support ➡️> Advanced Traps Support[/quote]

However, the guide has been running 10+ leagues and Lightning trap itself is plenty able to breeze through acts and early maps without much if any investment, it wouldn't matter much which guide u follow for that (there are several streamers playing lightning trap this league as well, also multiple guides), but it's assumed obviously you're picking up the setups in whichever guide u settle on.
Last edited by oestergreen on May 16, 2022, 7:57:25 AM
Thanks for the guide :)
It seems there are quite a lot of differences between the guide and the PoB (flask setup, etc.), which one should I follow / is the most up-to-date?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info