[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

I'm at level 89 now, and when i compare my manacost with yours in Path of Building there is such a big difference!

Your Ltraps cost 7 mana to cast, mine cost 24. Even tho I have inspiration linked to it. Anyone who knows what i'm missing?
I played again your amazing Build, like the last seasons. I want thank you for your work and time you spend into this Build and videos on YouTube. After playing 9 years i did finally achived 40/40 so easy and smooth without help.

Thank you! cant wait for the next season, to be again Battle Trapper.

*i know the first seasons wasnt 40/40
"
AartBE wrote:
I'm at level 89 now, and when i compare my manacost with yours in Path of Building there is such a big difference!

Your Ltraps cost 7 mana to cast, mine cost 24. Even tho I have inspiration linked to it. Anyone who knows what i'm missing?

💬 FAQ 💬

❓ Why pierce lab enchant over lightning trap penetration?
🧐 Pierce enchant means we don't need to invest skill-tree points or use a gem link to obtain pierce. We need pierce to thoroughly clear maps and also to stay safe as screen-clearing via piercing packs matters for that.

❓ Why am I dying/feeling squishy if players completed hardcore on this?
🧐 Check survival tips part of this guide. Make sure you stack ES on all gear, even small increases on gear matters a lot since we get 200% increase from our tree to boost those numbers. Play smart, throw traps in the direction you flame dash/move.

We are not a squishy build.

75% Spell Block ~ 35% value
75% Attack Block ~ 35% value
100% Blinding all enemies around us. (enemies has 50% less hit chance & do 10% less dmg to you)
10k ES (6-8k in medium gear)
1k+ ES regen per sec. (don't stop throwing traps, it's your regen!)
Screen-clearing ability & Off-screen hitting enemies.
Immune to Ignite in the build.
Immune to Shock in the build.
Immune to Blind in the build.
Immune to Stun (chayula amulet)
Immune to Freeze/Chill (depending if dream fragments ring)
Room for THREE magic flasks with other immunities.
What more immunities you want? damage? o.O lol.

But better to let a video speak for itself:)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/531810398
Sextants, beyond, corrupted/UD'ied...

❓ How do I play/level before I got a shavronne's armor?
🧐 Check the budget gear section.
Play the build as a life build and change the life-nodes for ES and CI by the time you're ready to start maps. The quickguide in TLDR shows available temporary life nodes in our leveling path.

When you switch from life to ES remember to pickup Zealot's Oath on the skilltree.

❓ How do we lower the mana cost of Traps?
🧐 Dealing with mana issues while leveling and/or in general (enduring mana flask while leveling).

+ A mana flask during acts, preferably with enduring prefix mod for a huge quality of life - this flask isn't needed once you fix your 5th gem & ascend.
+ Inspiration Support 25%-44% less mana cost of your trap links. (your 5th gem)
+ Perfect crime ascendancy, 25% less mana cost of traps.
+ Get "Anomalous Trap and Mine Damage Support" (20% quality it)
+ Bench crafting -mana cost for non-channeling skills on 1 or both rings.
+ Lvl 1-5 clarity reserved on mana, later reserved on life with arrogance.
+ Mystic Bulwark and Coldhearted Calculation on the skill-tree.
+ Endgame min/max optionally level an enlighten to 3 (or buy a corrupted lvl 3).

❓ Chain Reaction or Explosives Expert?
🧐 The base trigger radius for traps is 10 units.

Without the trigger effect from chain reaction, you need about 200% trigger radius in your skill-tree and/or with items for traps to trigger reliably where it'll feel good. (or using a sunblast belt, but that's really not very good imo, giving up a big slot).

in 3.16 we gained a bunch of trigger area, so that we have 200% by default.
This means Explosives Expert became a very viable choice and actually my default.

❓ Why Swift Assembly over Cluster Traps or Multiple Traps?
🧐 Multiple Traps is just bad, poor placement design. Cluster Trap skills can be thrown to locations of different heights, across gaps, and do not have a minimum throwing range as Multiple traps do, however they do nerf your damage quite a bit.

Swift Assembly has become my default goto choice. It also has the benefit of becoming stronger and stronger the more trap throwing speed you pickup.

"
Magnamuss wrote:
I played again your amazing Build, like the last seasons. I want thank you for your work and time you spend into this Build and videos on YouTube. After playing 9 years i did finally achived 40/40 so easy and smooth without help.

*i know the first seasons wasnt 40/40

I love to hear it mate, yw and great job getting the 40/40!:)
Last edited by oestergreen on Apr 3, 2022, 4:03:26 AM

Finally my first ever 40/40 Level 100 character. Took a while because I'm also working a full-time job. Thank you Oestergreen/DissentX for the guide.
Last edited by evilsonofgod on Apr 2, 2022, 8:34:16 PM
I know you don't normally build like this, but you are Mr Lightning trap.
Just hit this....

Any ideas?
"
Carlovski wrote:
I know you don't normally build like this, but you are Mr Lightning trap.
Just hit this....

Any ideas?

If it had been on any other equipment slot ;)
Anyone have any tips on my tree or gear to upgrade next? I seem to have hit a wall and the harder bosses are becoming more difficult. Also, has anyone the luck to try a mageblood belt on this build? Thoughts? Head Hunter better?
Lightning Traps on a tight budget?
Check this out!

"

"
Mamoux wrote:
Anyone have any tips on my tree or gear to upgrade next? I seem to have hit a wall and the harder bosses are becoming more difficult. Also, has anyone the luck to try a mageblood belt on this build? Thoughts? Head Hunter better?

Cluster traps --> Swift Assembly
Boots --> Lightning 160 enchant
Gloves --> 20% trap throwing speed
Awakened lvl 5 added lightning dmg (gives +1 lightning skills)
Awakened lvl 5 lightning pen (gives exposure)
Your gems needs to be at least 2x multiplier stats, check jewels section.

"
Magnamuss wrote:

Big grats mate and good job on the 40/40 :)
Last edited by oestergreen on Apr 23, 2022, 11:31:28 AM
I am a crafting noob. I could use some advice on how to craft this. ilvl 89, 3 t1 prefixes.

Also questions: what are you guys targeting for overcapping resists? I'm at 97, 102,97,48. How are you managing that chill/frozen debuff? I've been trying to keep 100% chance to avoid frozen/chilled. Waste of time?

Thanks for the build and answering questions! 3rd league running this build. Last two leagues have been lots of fun ))
"
Hamrfall wrote:
I am a crafting noob. I could use some advice on how to craft this. ilvl 89, 3 t1 prefixes.

Also questions: what are you guys targeting for overcapping resists? I'm at 97, 102,97,48. How are you managing that chill/frozen debuff? I've been trying to keep 100% chance to avoid frozen/chilled. Waste of time?

Thanks for the build and answering questions! 3rd league running this build. Last two leagues have been lots of fun ))

I have freeze removal on a flask, or I use upgraded brine king (atm im just using brine king). You can definitely also get 100% avoid freeze if you're running the end-game tree with 13 jewel sockets. (jewel harvest implicits)

The belt;

Options:
1) lock prefixes (2ex) then Aisling T4 for trap throw speed or something else useful. (then slam x2 to finish)
2) Can also buy harvest rerolling suffixes while keeping prefixes, until you get decent suffixes. Maybe if you get 1 good suffix, you can lock prefixes and do option 1 (aisling) and have 33%-50% chance aisling doens't remove the one good suffix.

Glad you enjoy the build mate! Hf :)

"

Last edited by oestergreen on Apr 20, 2022, 8:37:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info