[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

"

Make your currency before it gets nerfed;P <3

------------------------

"
xCrudex wrote:
I am having a hard time figuring out what I am doing wrong. I am doing way less damage compared to Dissenx. What am I missing to be doing literally half of his damage. Also with that being said I am not sure of the scaling damage we get outside of better wands.

Survival wise I still get one shot but assuming with mountains of more es it gets less noticable. Currently worried about going into juiced upper red and end game bosses.

https://pastebin.com/YGw6i7Yw

You are missing some big components for damage, 38-80% multiplier (weapon with multiplier + aisling multiplier vs rare/uniq) -- but at least, you need the normal multiplier suffix mod, aisling ontop is luxury/endgame.

6 Link - obviously, if you're thinking juiced end-game, you need a 6link.

You're in the "basic" tree, as per POB, so you should check the 2 advanced tree's, especially option 2, as it has 10 jewel sockets which scales your damage through the roof when you can afford actual good jewels.

You're in day 3-4 of gearing, so, i'd say you're doing fine. :)

"
DaveNotDave wrote:
"
xCrudex wrote:
I am having a hard time figuring out what I am doing wrong. I am doing way less damage compared to Dissenx. What am I missing to be doing literally half of his damage. Also with that being said I am not sure of the scaling damage we get outside of better wands.

Survival wise I still get one shot but assuming with mountains of more es it gets less noticable. Currently worried about going into juiced upper red and end game bosses.

https://pastebin.com/YGw6i7Yw

You have a 5link, author uses 6link. He using swift assembly you are using cluster traps. These are major differences.

Exactly:)

I also want to thank you for the charged traps idea, it actually feels quite nice when I don't have gloves or belt with throwing% yet. :)
Last edited by oestergreen on Feb 8, 2022, 3:41:09 AM
Why those 4 recipes togethor? Wouldn't it not matter if you ran them 1 by 1 or is there some synergy from running that combo togethor?
Hello, I'm playing according to your build and there was a problem with damage, you can't tell me what is the reason and what can be improved
https://pastebin.com/TexqXrTn
"
oestergreen wrote:

Perfect Crime + Inspiration Support should solve your mana issues along with a lvl 1-5 clarity if needed. :)

Yw mate, have a great league

aha. that's the problem. i got a very lucky 6L corrupted drop, but i only had a few vaals so i ended up with colors that did not include a red socket.

turns out that with the increased mana reservation nodes, i can run discipline, skitterbots and a high level clarity. so i'm good to go until i get a red socket, or even better, a shavs ;-)
"
plasticeyes wrote:
one reason people probably have an impression that this is a squishy build is because, like all EV/ES builds it has no damage mitigation, or very little.

this means that you can get 1-shot, but more importantly, what i find is that you get "whittled" down until you get 1-shot.

large mobs, especially with speed mods can overrun you, and then with your ES down to 20 or 30% of max, you take a hit that finishes you off.

that's been my experience which is a problem because i love shadows. lol.

so that means large life/ES pool. experienced players know that, but certainly new players will learn the hard way. EV is such a noob trap. then, of course, you have to define what "large" is.

without damage mitigation, i'm not sure how you can call this a "tanky" build. i say that because most people have the impression that a tanky build is exactly that, something that can face tank tough enemies. trapper is all about movement, and if you don't move ur dead.

having said that i watched your minotaur video and with about 7k ES i don't think you ever took a hit fro minotaur that brought you under 5k ES. so, you know, ur gud :-) and that helps too.

just some random thoughts from someone that always plays trapper, and always gives up in red maps. lol.

let's see if this time is any better...

Sabo in general has really good defensive nodes and a safe playstyle.

This build specifically has Wise Oak, Defiance Banner, Max Block, ES on Block Shield.
livejamie
I haven't seen any comparison with Exsanguinate + Seismic trap. Which one is better? pros / cons of both?

Is this good to transition into seismic? Is it better?
Hello everyone. A bit of a noob here trying to follow this build. I think i might have missed something but somehow sometimes i take damage that goes through my hp first instead of my ES. I want to try low life without CI but if my hp goes down first before my ES then i'll be dead real quick.
I don't reccomend playing a CI build if you're new, and I reccomend playing lowlife even less. This guide kind of assumes you know what you're doing? It is missing a lot of the critical handholding steps during the critical levels 60~80 when you're transitioning and upgrading your gear and stuff.

Followup to my last post, I 6linked my shavs, got presence of chayula, got a cool rog upgrade to my weapon and killed exarch. I think the next thing for me is a es on block shield. Maybe some rare boots so I can take advantage of the new implicits. I'm running steppan eard rn.
"
livejamie wrote:

This build specifically has Wise Oak, Defiance Banner, Max Block, ES on Block Shield.

i disagree, but that's because i'm not gud. lol.

when i watch the videos, this build is safe because everything is dying. getting overrun is a real problem. you get overrun when your damage isn't high enough, or you forgot to make sure you had pierce, or etc...

defiance banner is interesting. i haven't used that before. the armor/evasion increase obviously doesn't help, however the reduced crit chance is really nice.

block is not damage mitigation. you miss the block on a big hit, you still get 1-shot.

i never noticed wise oak had elemental damage reduction. is that new ? (i haven't played in 2 or 3 leagues).

however i did not take into account ES on block. that's a big deal, aegis aurora builds are very well known, or at least used to be well known, for being brokenly tanky (hence it got nerfed). that would definitely go a long way to solving the "big mob hits you 20 times and whittles down our ES" problem. i guess, with max block, it probably goes a long way to helping against bosses too, as long as the hit that gets through the block doesn't 1-shot you.

"
ESbuildsOnly wrote:
I don't reccomend playing a CI build if you're new, and I reccomend playing lowlife even less. This guide kind of assumes you know what you're doing? It is missing a lot of the critical handholding steps during the critical levels 60~80 when you're transitioning and upgrading your gear and stuff.

The quickguide has a whole list of "useful videos to watch" .. including how to build your defenses and how to progress early on/gearing.

Those vids are also in the guide, in the sections where they make sense.. like, video about defenses >> under gearing.

"
plasticeyes wrote:
"
livejamie wrote:

i disagree, but that's because i'm not gud. lol.

when i watch the videos, this build is safe because everything is dying. getting overrun is a real problem. you get overrun when your damage isn't high enough, or you forgot to make sure you had pierce, or etc...

defiance banner is interesting. i haven't used that before. the armor/evasion increase obviously doesn't help, however the reduced crit chance is really nice.

block is not damage mitigation. you miss the block on a big hit, you still get 1-shot.

i never noticed wise oak had elemental damage reduction. is that new ? (i haven't played in 2 or 3 leagues).

however i did not take into account ES on block. that's a big deal, aegis aurora builds are very well known, or at least used to be well known, for being brokenly tanky (hence it got nerfed). that would definitely go a long way to solving the "big mob hits you 20 times and whittles down our ES" problem. i guess, with max block, it probably goes a long way to helping against bosses too, as long as the hit that gets through the block doesn't 1-shot you.

The armor increase helps a lot.
With rumi's flask, Crown of the inward eye + the advanced tree and defiance banner, I had 60-65% physical mitigation with flasks.

Getting hit or "whittled" down as you say, is not at all a downside to us, it's actually a upside, since the build has block + recover-es-on-block, you should never die to that form is damage once you have your es-on-block-shield and a semi decent pool of ES. The only thing that kills you is stepping into 1-hit stuff like a boss ability that you don't dodge or block or juicing a map in a way that simply makes monsters do more damage than you can cope with compared to your current level of gearing/es-pool.

I made so many videos;D but ppl don't rly bother to watch-.-

Here's what your defenses should look like if you're aiming to do end-game content:

"

"
livejamie wrote:

I would add:
In the build in total, we have:
Immunity to ignite (actually really nice, if you ever fought certain end-game guardian bosses without it, you'll know why)
Immunity to blind.
Immunity to shock. (something EVERY build needs and we get it for free)
Immunity to stun.
55-75% Spellblock. (depending on your gearing level)
45-65% Attblock. (depending on your gearing level)
+50 es-on-block. (safeguard point/helps carry over until you get ur 5% shield)
5%-es-on-block. (your main shield and main item along with shavs/chayula)
15% LESS damage taken. (from ALL monsters around you!)
1k-2k ES regen per sec. (don't stop throwing traps, it's your regen!)
9-10k ES. (6-8k in medium gear)
Vaal Disc. (a LITTERAL immunity to death key that recharges after just 1-2 packs)
60%! less extra dmg taken from crits! (30% if you only run the basic tree)

Then yes as Jamie said, wise oak, rumi's, dfi banner, crown (up to 60%+ phys mitigation with flasks up once you sort your gear) etc.

Idk why people expect a build designed to be invested into throughout a league (literally says in all my vids the build is made with the intention of being able to scale to infinity) ... but people on day-3 can't understand, that with only 30% of the setup, they're not as big bois as the dude in the videos o.O

Imho it is a quite easy-all-content build, but you don't do ALL content on a build at day 3, lvl 85 with just a shavs and some basic ES pieces..

If so, you have to run some extreme meta cuck stuff that gets nerfed next league anyhow.

Last edited by oestergreen on Feb 8, 2022, 3:49:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info