[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

ULTIMATE QUICK GUIDE 3.17❗❗
copy url: oestergreen.dk/dissentxtv

"

Video is out, now I'm just waiting for the guys at pob fork to release a 3.17 update so I can update the tree/pob to 3.17:)

"
baboen wrote:
"
Mordrigar wrote:
Hello. I am an old player, I left the game when they introduced Betrayal League. I am planning to return to game this friday, with the new league. Is this build still relevant and viable? It's been years since I last played the game and I want to clear all content, mostly maps and delve, with not too much effort. Also my graphic card is not that great so less fancy graphs, better for me.

Yes this is definately one of the stronger builds right now, you can kill bosses with it and clear with reasonable speed. It has a special playstyle where you need to keep casting traps to stay alive (watch the example video's by Oestergreen)

My favourite build used to be a Mana Guardian because it is almost unkillable, but this one is pretty tough as well and way cheaper to gear as a league starter.

I can only mimic baboen and definitely encourage that you watch some of the many videos to help make up your mind if the playstyle suits you:)

I'm on an older machine myself with a 1070 card, so I know the pain!
Last edited by oestergreen on Feb 3, 2022, 12:37:53 PM
Look forward to your changes, I made some suggestions on page 317 wanted to make sure you didn't miss.

Good luck on Friday!

This is where I ended up:

"

Character is currently in standard but gear was all self crafted at the end of last league.
livejamie
Last edited by livejamie on Feb 3, 2022, 4:05:45 AM
I was looking through the latest PoB you made and I noticed that the lvl 50 leveling tree uses the intellect nodes from the start. I tried that in a few (league-start, untwinked) test runs and it was absolute horror. I ended up skipping Kadavrus because I could hardly kill him.
Then I noticed I could take the Spell Damage nodes, and the damage was huge suddenly (+40% elemental damage).

So that's an advice from me for the League Start.
Last edited by baboen on Feb 3, 2022, 5:16:02 AM
"
baboen wrote:
I was looking through the latest PoB you made and I noticed that the lvl 50 leveling tree uses the intellect nodes from the start. I tried that in a few (league-start, untwinked) test runs and it was absolute horror. I ended up skipping Kadavrus because I could hardly kill him.
Then I noticed I could take the Spell Damage nodes, and the damage was huge suddenly (+40% elemental damage).

So that's an advice from me for the League Start.

I usually go direct for the intel nodes because it saves 4 regrets that I need later and because its merely a 5.5% dmg difference having those 4 early points or not having them:) (ingame tooltip on a lvl 6 shadow, the explosive trap goes from 12.1 to 13.9)

The thing is, only the first point is good, the other 3 (+10%) are crappy as "increase%" in poe is done additively.

But it can still help you a bit if you feel you struggle, i just don't personally feel its worth the 4 regrets as i'm going to be using those on life nodes as soon as I'm ready to go CI either around act 8-9 or in early maps.

A really huge difference for early early levels is to get yourself a weapon with added lightning dmg to spells as soon as you find a topaz ring.

Lightning dmg wand vendor recipe:
1x Magic Sceptre/Wand/Rune Dagger
1x Topaz Ring
1x Orb of Alteration
is there any way we can fit/swap something for additional def layer like determination/grace ?
how strong is the bossing at yellow maps without shavs and LL ?
Gives error when i try to paste date and cannot load the tree, im using forked PoB, it says nil value.
"
oestergreen wrote:

I usually go direct for the intel nodes because it saves 4 regrets that I need later and because its merely a 5.5% dmg difference having those 4 early points or not having them:) (ingame tooltip on a lvl 6 shadow, the explosive trap goes from 12.1 to 13.9)

The thing is, only the first point is good, the other 3 (+10%) are crappy as "increase%" in poe is done additively.

But it can still help you a bit if you feel you struggle, i just don't personally feel its worth the 4 regrets as i'm going to be using those on life nodes as soon as I'm ready to go CI either around act 8-9 or in early maps.

A really huge difference for early early levels is to get yourself a weapon with added lightning dmg to spells as soon as you find a topaz ring.

Lightning dmg wand vendor recipe:
1x Magic Sceptre/Wand/Rune Dagger
1x Topaz Ring
1x Orb of Alteration

It's a small difference indeed, did some testings in Standard with Regrets. Maybe I'm just a bit too low level, I usually run past everything at the start. It really helped me, but once the damage is enough, it probably doesn't do anything anymore.

In my list of things to do I added the Lightning weapon. I used the spellpower weapon so far, but this is way better.

The topaz ring can be created with your viper strike and an Iron Ring I believe ;)
Last edited by baboen on Feb 3, 2022, 11:23:48 AM
"
LazelimGiros wrote:
Gives error when i try to paste date and cannot load the tree, im using forked PoB, it says nil value.

You might need to opt into the BETA in pob options, bottom left corner.
"
how strong is the bossing at yellow maps without shavs and LL ?

It's decent as CI, can definitely clear yellows, but nothing compared to LL version, as you get Pain attunement and zealotry once you go low-life. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info