[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

"
looking to do this for league start and saw you talk about taking CI but CI isn't socketed in any of the skill trees. Do we only use CI until we have a shavs and then unspec it?

Yes there are three fases: life while leveling, end of leveling transition to CI and when you have Shavs you can go Low Life for more damage and two extra aura's.

For the CI build you can just respec the life nodes (not the life regen ones) and then get CI and the node that turns life regen into ES regen. Just get ES on every item you wear.
Just had somebody PM me and felt like the answer could benefit the dozen or so people that like playing this build lol.

"
I just saw your post on DissentXTV's BattleTrapper build https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/24474170

I am about to play this build for the first time and I am curious about why you "hate doing the Arcanist brand setup in the POB". Is the setup hard to acquire?
Do you find that your alterations using RF and Precision improve things much?

Thanks!

Good question!

While trappers in general are seen as a braindead one button build they actually can require a bunch of buttons/cooldowns on bosses to maximize damage.

Lightning Trap itself shines as a clear skill and its one main weakness is bosses that move around a lot. You want to make sure you're maximizing your uptime with the longest windows of burst DPS that you can.

When you have to do a combination of Bear Trap, Sigil of Power, Arcanist Brand and RF that's a lot of cooldowns where you're not spamming Lightning Trap.

There are ways to automate what the Arcanist Brand set up is accomplishing with the existing tools at the build's disposal which in the long run will give you more LT spamming time which is better-bossing output and sustain/defenses.

It also gives us two free sockets to do whatever you want. I did Precision and Vaal Righteous Fire. But you could do Temporal Rift, Withering Step, Hydrosphere, a Golem, Portal, etc.
livejamie
Adding more stuff to the quickguide resource site, make sure to refresh it a couple of times before league-start to make sure you're viewing the latest version :)

@LiveJamie
Keep in mind marks are permanent now once you applied it 1 time and you get exposure from the awakened lightning pen, once it is lvl 5, so that basically covers your curse(mark) and exposure (mark only needs to be pressed once per boss-fight in 3.17, idk if that also counts for phase resets, but either way you definitely don't have to press it often)

Sigil is a pre-load thing, i don't think ppl should drop it on the ground randomly, it's only when you're front-loading damage before a fight starts and situations like phase-resets (when sirus comes down between phases, gives easy time to put sigil down + arcanist brand(your mark/curse) and then start front-loading traps on the ground etc)

In my recent videos you can see the only extra button I press when engaging a boss, is sigil and a bear trap at the end of my trap-laying, right before fight starts. Everything else was automatic (ring + lvl 5 awakened pen)

In scourge I made a ring with the mark curse, idk if those still exist in 3.17 because GGG in their infinite wisdom sometimes remove stuff because they think only attack-builds use it and then they gave attack-builds another way of applying that mod. (mark mastery).

All the utility links and curse links are definitely something you can play around with and fit it to suit whatever you prefer, as long as you are taking advantage of being able to run 1 curse and exposure imo.

Last edited by oestergreen on Feb 4, 2022, 4:42:51 AM
Hello,

I am planning to run your build this league it looks very good. I would like to ask about the POB link, I can't find it anywhere in here. I found it on https://oestergreen.dk/dissentxtv/ but my community fork 2.13 dosn't support it, did you compiled new one from Github yourself?

EDIT:
Okay sorry I just noticed it in front that you still waiting for update!
Last edited by BoB3R on Feb 4, 2022, 3:13:18 AM
"
oestergreen wrote:

In my recent videos you can see the only extra button I press when engaging a boss, is sigil and a bear trap at the end of my trap-laying, right before fight starts. Everything else was automatic (ring + lvl 5 awakened pen)

In scourge I made a ring with the mark curse, idk if those still exist in 3.17 because GGG in their infinite wisdom sometimes remove stuff because they think only attack-builds use it and then they gave attack-builds another way of applying that mod. (mark mastery).

Cool, I was using your POB as a baseline which doesn't do any of what you mentioned.

Glad to know we're on the same page.

Curse on hit rings will still exist and be BIS, Mark on Hit will use too much mana I think.
livejamie
Path of Building Community gives error loading that pastebin.

And says no new version of pobc available. How are you seeing the tree?
"
DesDeCero wrote:

Click options in lef/bottom and next check "Opt-in to weekly beta test builds". And next beta update will be downloading with new 3.17 tree.
BzyxXx

SURSUM CORDA 4 LIFE
"
BzyxXx wrote:
"
DesDeCero wrote:

Click options in lef/bottom and next check "Opt-in to weekly beta test builds". And next beta update will be downloading with new 3.17 tree.

Thx. Downloading.
Hi, thanks for the build.
Why don't max chaos res. in low life?
Hello,

Do you plan on doing Atlas passive skill tree? What would be best for early game with that build etc.? I know it more or less preference but would like your take on it. I would assume Harvest and Blight? Maybe Delirium or Metamorph?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info