[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

"

"
1869Flame wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/1869Flame/characters
character: _The_Trap_Is_A_Lie_

I am a bit lost how i should improve from here:
Mainly i dont really know how and where i should improve my damage, without giving up too much of my defenses.
so far i have been following the high end PoB mostly; though i only have 1 cluster jewel allocated yet and on the far right of the tree i took the ES on boots note instead of the jewel socket (mostly because my boots are a massive ES boost);

even though i have the +2 shav's, the watchers eye, and so on, my PoB cant seem to get over around 2.3mil DPS for a cluster of 3x trap.

Any advice how and where i should be focusing to get the DPS up and dont lose too much defense ?
thank you in advance and much appreciated

Remember to read my responses here to other guys also (for everyone), as many times they're somewhat equal to one another ;P for example where is your added fire dmg to spells? for explosives expert that you picked its a big chunk of dps.

About your focus on being tanky, let me quote a comment from YT:
It's easy to forget just how much damage Scourge do once you get stacks. Monsters do 30% more damage in 100% Delirious maps, which are still considered "juice". That same increase is only 30 stacks of Scourge. At 160+ scourge stacks, you're essentially running a 530-ish% Delirious map in terms of incoming damage, think about it.

I'd almost say you've gone too tanky, since you don't have the 2nd cluster even though you're running the end-game tree. A lot of players are going extremely tanky this league due to how Scourge works, almost too tanky since it's extremely unlike to expect any build to survive the dmg increase of 200+ scourge stacks (I'm actually able to farm atm 250+ stacks but it costs me some dps) ... But I highly doubt GGG will make another league with similarly broken monster damage again anytime soon, so i wouldn't change the core of the build too much to only focus towards being more tanky.

Comment and example: (thx Zizaran ^^)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw7l0qCi95Y

Now for your damage, fix the explosives expert, look at my abyss jewel as example.

Level up your awakened gems, specially the added lightning as it gives +1 at lvl 5. (you can also buy facetor's lens to boost gems quick)

Why do you have a hybrid flask? if for any reason your mana sustain lacks, then instead get a prefix enchant on a ring for -mana cost non-channel.

You're missing a big chunk of DPS from not having lightning ulab enchant on your boots.

You have no throwing speed on gloves or belt, again a lot of damage missing.

If you just want an instant very expensive but big boost dps and currency, bottled faith is like a "cheat code" item.

Last edited by oestergreen on Nov 22, 2021, 3:52:57 PM
"
oestergreen wrote:
"

"
1869Flame wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/1869Flame/characters
character: _The_Trap_Is_A_Lie_

I am a bit lost how i should improve from here:
Mainly i dont really know how and where i should improve my damage, without giving up too much of my defenses.
so far i have been following the high end PoB mostly; though i only have 1 cluster jewel allocated yet and on the far right of the tree i took the ES on boots note instead of the jewel socket (mostly because my boots are a massive ES boost);

even though i have the +2 shav's, the watchers eye, and so on, my PoB cant seem to get over around 2.3mil DPS for a cluster of 3x trap.

Any advice how and where i should be focusing to get the DPS up and dont lose too much defense ?
thank you in advance and much appreciated

Remember to read my responses here to other guys also (for everyone), as many times they're somewhat equal to one another ;P for example where is your added fire dmg to spells? for explosives expert that you picked its a big chunk of dps.

About your focus on being tanky, let me quote a comment from YT:
It's easy to forget just how much damage Scourge do once you get stacks. Monsters do 30% more damage in 100% Delirious maps, which are still considered "juice". That same increase is only 30 stacks of Scourge. At 160+ scourge stacks, you're essentially running a 530-ish% Delirious map in terms of incoming damage, think about it.

I'd almost say you've gone too tanky, since you don't have the 2nd cluster even though you're running the end-game tree. A lot of players are going extremely tanky this league due to how Scourge works, almost too tanky since it's extremely unlike to expect any build to survive the dmg increase of 200+ scourge stacks (I'm actually able to farm atm 250+ stacks but it costs me some dps) ... But I highly doubt GGG will make another league with similarly broken monster damage again anytime soon, so i wouldn't change the core of the build too much to only focus towards being more tanky.

Comment and example: (thx Zizaran ^^)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw7l0qCi95Y

Now for your damage, fix the explosives expert, look at my abyss jewel as example.

Level up your awakened gems, specially the added lightning as it gives +1 at lvl 5. (you can also buy facetor's lens to boost gems quick)

Why do you have a hybrid flask? if for any reason your mana sustain lacks, then instead get a prefix enchant on a ring for -mana cost non-channel.

You're missing a big chunk of DPS from not having lightning ulab enchant on your boots.

You have no throwing speed on gloves or belt, again a lot of damage missing.

If you just want an instant very expensive but big boost dps and currency, bottled faith is like a "cheat code" item.

thank you a lot for the response and the explanation;
I must confess i might have skipped some of the comments from previous pages ;)
i guess i will push for 1 or 2 more levels first and then scale down a bit with the tankyness :)

For belt and gloves im still trying to get some better rolls to include the trowing speed, but i didnt have much currency to spend on crafting at the moment.
to be honest; having sin track is a huge ES boost, especially with the corrupted implicit (1K ES with these boots), but the Dex req. doesnt make it easier :)
Last edited by 1869Flame on Nov 22, 2021, 3:59:56 PM
"
1869Flame wrote:

For belt and gloves im still trying to get some better rolls to include the trowing speed, but i didnt have much currency to spend on crafting at the moment.
to be honest; having sin track is a huge ES boost, especially with the corrupted implicit (1K ES with these boots), but the Dex req. doesnt make it easier :)

You could buy sin trek with lab enchant and then use any random dex-heavy item to equip sin-trek. Since sin-trek provide 30dex themselves, you don't need to have 117, but 87. (equip temporary dex heavy item, then equip boots, they add +30, so u take off the dex-item u equipped)

I would drop the boots and get a pair of sorcerers with lightning enchant.
You can buy non-crafted ilvl 86 sorcerer boots with ulab lightning enchant for 15c, then craft them with alteration spam or dense fossils.

For belt, just spam dense and when you get good ES prefixes, aim to have an open suffix to add trap throwing speed via bench craft.

"
oestergreen wrote:
"
1869Flame wrote:

You could buy sin trek with lab enchant and then use any random dex-heavy item to equip sin-trek. Since sin-trek provide 30dex themselves, you don't need to have 117, but 87. (equip temporary dex heavy item, then equip boots, they add +30, so u take off the dex-item u equipped)

I would drop the boots and get a pair of sorcerers with lightning enchant.
You can buy non-crafted ilvl 86 sorcerer boots with ulab lightning enchant for 15c, then craft them with alteration spam or dense fossils.

For belt, just spam dense and when you get good ES prefixes, aim to have an open suffix to add trap throwing speed via bench craft.

It is VERY expensive to get above 180 ES with dense fossil spamming. I have been trying.

I just did Sirus for the first time ever so the build is going well,I am just looking for good boots (all 180 ES 30MS double Res boots are 5ex+) and double res es stygian (so I can go explosives expert) but upgrades are starting to get into the multiple EX range and I only have about 4 ex if I sold my ENTIRE stash.

Looking forward to trying the endgame tree but sheesh, I am just trying to get my belt and boots before I start buying clusters and switch but they are turning out to be a real struggle.
"
H3llssc0pe wrote:

It is VERY expensive to get above 180 ES with dense fossil spamming. I have been trying.

I just did Sirus for the first time ever so the build is going well,I am just looking for good boots (all 180 ES 30MS double Res boots are 5ex+) and double res es stygian (so I can go explosives expert) but upgrades are starting to get into the multiple EX range and I only have about 4 ex if I sold my ENTIRE stash.

Looking forward to trying the endgame tree but sheesh, I am just trying to get my belt and boots before I start buying clusters and switch but they are turning out to be a real struggle.

I might need to make a boots craft video.

Trying to get +30ms and double ES hits with dense is indeed hard, so generally the way you craft boots is with dense + aisling.
Aisling has a very very high chance of offering you movement speed when she's given boots. So *in short* you just craft boots with 2 decent ES mods and 3rd mod is whatever, doesn't matter, because you'll aisling the boots and aim for the 33% chance she removes the 3rd "whatever" mod and otherwise rinse-repeat.

You can craft the boots with alteration spam for 2 decent mods like ES%, high intel or double ES rolls or ES + t1 resist etc (then in the end craft the other missing es-stat via bench)

With 2 good mods and 1 crappy a 33% chance it's by far the easiest boot crafting method imo, if you want 2 good ES rolls + good movespeed.

Then you can finish off with Leo slams + bench craft if you're on a tight budget.

There are more tricks u can involve in the process, such as prefix locking and/or bench adding mods, in case you get multiple good stats on boots and hope aisling will remove the randon bench craft you then add, but in general the above described process is as simple as explained.

The belt is simpler, just dense spam if you're on a budget:) Then finish with crafted throwing speed suffix. Can involve Aisling if you got some bad mod she could potentially remove and you wanna risk it for the rewards she can add. If you got lots of currency, u can craft with Zeal essences instead.
Last edited by oestergreen on Nov 22, 2021, 10:17:08 PM
Im at lv 91 and i usually spend like 10 mins to kill Sirius. Is there anything i can do to improve my gear beside bottled faith ?
After several tries to craft the belt I've just bought decent one for 4 exa xD Don't neglect to inspect trade sites from time to time.
Last edited by Toughest26 on Nov 23, 2021, 5:30:18 AM
Hi, I'm trying this build out. I'm sort of confused which guide is updated since there's a ton of versions on the first page of this forum post. Thank you very much!
"
evilsonofgod wrote:
Hi, I'm trying this build out. I'm sort of confused which guide is updated since there's a ton of versions on the first page of this forum post. Thank you very much!

Go to the skill-tree section in the guide and grab the main POB.
Later on, if you progress into level 90s, you can consider switching to the end-game POB.
Thx oestergreen for a great build! Second league smooth 40/40, lvled to 98 by myself, farmed feared with 80-90 quant with no effort, have never really struggled with any content i usually do :)

All rare gear is selfcrafted (except wand), mostly with dense fossils spamming
It was quite cheap actually, non meta after all

Hope in next league ggg wont break this build somehow, because i already looking forward for a next playthrough.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info