3.6 Synthesis Arc/Freezing Pulse Totems, easy Shaperkills with less than 1-2 Ex investment!

"
Desbris wrote:
"
BeerLeague wrote:
"
jsnayrb wrote:

So do you recommend jumping to your tree prior to getting better gear?

Yes, the minion tree is a waste

Hardly a waste, Spiritual Aid gives the second most DPS boost, behind Heart of Thunder, you'd know this, if you know...you actually checked the numbers on POB.

No, it does not. Minion wheel is 5 points (technically 6 since you want lord of the dead as well). Its worse than arcane potency at 4 points even. We are 2 points away from one more jewel and 3 from another, those 5 points are FAR better. A good comparison is doom cast, also 5 points, which is hugely better.

At low levels the minion wheel appears better because you have not gotten your gems to 20/20 and don't have crit to backup all of the multi on the tree. Check again w/ 20/20 gems and 100+ crit on your weapon and offhand.

No other dps nodes on the tree are worse.

Minion wheel is a noob trap.

"
PeteGMI wrote:
Hi, first off, thank you so much, Bourgee, for this build and guide. I just started PoE for the first time this League and I've read this entire thread and even watched the VoDs of you leveling up! Multiple times. I do have a couple questions about the interactions between some of the skills.

You list your CWDT setup w/Vaal Haste linked to it. Why? And does it HAVE to be Vaal? I'm assuming we don't run the aura due to MoM, so it is there to activate somehow?

I also just don't understand "Phaserun, Empower, Increased Duration Vaal Grace" at all. Could you explain why that is there?

Thanks!!!

We use vaal haste for single target, we ignore the Aura. It's in the link with cwdt cause we have the Inc. Duration in it. Same with vaal grace in the 2. Link. Phaserun gives us movement speed and less visibility so we are not getting targeted that often. That linked with inc duration and empower or enhance makes it lasT longer.
"
BeerLeague wrote:
No, it does not. Minion wheel is 5 points (technically 6 since you want lord of the dead as well). Its worse than arcane potency at 4 points even. We are 2 points away from one more jewel and 3 from another, those 5 points are FAR better. A good comparison is doom cast, also 5 points, which is hugely better.

At low levels the minion wheel appears better because you have not gotten your gems to 20/20 and don't have crit to backup all of the multi on the tree. Check again w/ 20/20 gems and 100+ crit on your weapon and offhand.

It depends on your gear. If you don't have an arc chain helm enchant, or the currency for a good one, the bone helmet is a cheaper option of getting a lot of damage.
"
"
BeerLeague wrote:

It depends on your gear. If you don't have an arc chain helm enchant, or the currency for a good one, the bone helmet is a cheaper option of getting a lot of damage.

Don'T listen to him. You can get dmg from helmet and you can easy craft weapons with %minion dmg.
Arcane Potency is less dps than Spiritual Aid, PERIOD. Both require 5 points to get, it really is that simple.

You can even use Bourgee's POB build: go to the tree, and compare both, and there, as stated multiple times, you will see that Spiritual Aid gives "more" DPS than Arcane Potency.
Last edited by Desbris on Dec 18, 2018, 10:10:46 AM
"
"
BeerLeague wrote:

\

Even with Bone helmet its worse
"
Bourgee wrote:
"
"
BeerLeague wrote:

Don'T listen to him. You can get dmg from helmet and you can easy craft weapons with %minion dmg.

Why.. the roll is worse than any other roll you can get on weapons as far as damage is concerned.

I'll say it again, at LOW gear levels the minion nodes work as you don't have the required crit to really make the multi nodes shine.

Outside of that, they are not good.
"
Desbris wrote:
Arcane Potency is less dps than Spiritual Aid, PERIOD. Both require 5 points to get, it really is that simple.

You can even use Bourgee's POB build: go to the tree, and compare both, and there, as stated multiple times, you will see that Spiritual Aid gives "more" DPS than Arcane Potency.

Even considering 5 points (not true as you get life nodes on the way) its STILL BETTER.

It does depend on gear, and I said it in the previous post - at crap gear levels, the minion nodes work as you dont have the crit levels or gem levels to support multi on the tree. As you get more crit, the mutli nodes hugely out-preform the minion nodes.

I mean, I can make a tree w/ a geared character to show that crap nodes on the tree are good in specific instances - but shoehorning yourself into specific types of mods (in this case minion mods and ONE specific helm base) is idiotic.
Last edited by BeerLeague on Dec 18, 2018, 11:00:34 AM
"
BeerLeague wrote:
"
Desbris wrote:

Even considering 5 points (not true as you get life nodes on the way) its STILL BETTER.

It does depend on gear, and I said it in the previous post - at crap gear levels, the minion nodes work as you dont have the crit levels or gem levels to support multi on the tree. As you get more crit, the mutli nodes hugely out-preform the minion nodes.

I mean, I can make a tree w/ a geared character to show that crap nodes on the tree are good in specific instances - but shoehorning yourself into specific types of mods (in this case minion mods and ONE specific helm base) is idiotic.

Since this is a starterbuild the tree is also a starter tree. In endgame you can swap the tree to more live, jewels and whatever you want for sure. But we are not talking about 20 ex weapon, 10 ex amulet and 2 ex jewels in a starter build.
"
Bourgee wrote:
"
BeerLeague wrote:
"
Desbris wrote:

Since this is a starterbuild the tree is also a starter tree. In endgame you can swap the tree to more live, jewels and whatever you want for sure. But we are not talking about 20 ex weapon, 10 ex amulet and 2 ex jewels in a starter build.

Here - 1-5c Jewels

http://poe.trade/search/ukohahoninokan

Taking 2 of these would be better than that wheel. Budget.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info