[3.4] ELE CLAW INQUISITOR | Farm Shaper on 3Link! + UberElder, UberAtziri | very Budget friendly!

"
Destreaga wrote:
"
GornoDD wrote:
"
fabi06 wrote:
One Question,
is this build HC Viable?
and where does the lifeleech with swords come from?
AND :D Whats kind of better, molten strike or bladeflurry?

1. Yes its hardcore viable. I had this conformed by quite a few users and some made it to 100. Most pretty much invested a little more into life than the original guide.

2. From the Life leech nodes just below Vaal Pact. There is a dedicated section with an adjusted passive tree in the guide.

3. Molten Strike is far better at the moment. It might get nerfed in the future or maybe not, well see.

Anyone know where those HC dudes posts are?.. I'm searching but cant seem to find haha

I dont know the exact page numbers. But if you dont think its tanky enough for you, there are plenty of rather amazing almost unkillable HC builds. I dont know if there are any with this kind of damage output. This build OFC is not death-proof, far from it. But amongst the super-high dps builds, I think its amongst the safest.

I made it to level 90 in SC without dying a single time. Its just about how safe you play. People play much less tanky builds in HC like ChinSol Trappers etc to great success.

Ultimately it comes down to game knowledge what keeps you alive. What content you can do and what you cant do.

"
GornoDD wrote:
"
Destreaga wrote:
"
GornoDD wrote:

1. Yes its hardcore viable. I had this conformed by quite a few users and some made it to 100. Most pretty much invested a little more into life than the original guide.

2. From the Life leech nodes just below Vaal Pact. There is a dedicated section with an adjusted passive tree in the guide.

3. Molten Strike is far better at the moment. It might get nerfed in the future or maybe not, well see.

Anyone know where those HC dudes posts are?.. I'm searching but cant seem to find haha

I dont know the exact page numbers. But if you dont think its tanky enough for you, there are plenty of rather amazing almost unkillable HC builds. I dont know if there are any with this kind of damage output. This build OFC is not death-proof, far from it. But amongst the super-high dps builds, I think its amongst the safest.

I made it to level 90 in SC without dying a single time. Its just about how safe you play. People play much less tanky builds in HC like ChinSol Trappers etc to great success.

Ultimately it comes down to game knowledge what keeps you alive. What content you can do and what you cant do.

Thx man I appreciate your reply, I came up with my own HC build I think I'll try, what do you think of it? https://pastebin.com/vZ76tTTM (I replaced your shield tho just cause its so expensive) But the tree when I compare it to yours makes sense for hardcore, though I am not sure how much dmg your actually losing for a the survivability. Although I take Iron grip to make up for it, I could even go IR with it and drop the evasion all together.. not sure exactly.

Anyway if you get the chance to compare it please let me know!
"
neptune81 wrote:
"
Warranx wrote:

Well I DID check your gem setup, and you DO have "Elemental Focus" in your Molten Strike setup just like the the FAQ says NOT to do if you want innervate shows up. As for seeing icons, I'm not sure if this affects onslaught regularly, but it might be the "Flask Icons" option in the UI. Also if your molten strike is the one doing the killing blow (as opposed to the shatter effect of HoI) you'll never get onslaught from it.

Cool you checked my gem setup, but in the description the OP clearly said that HoI NEEDS to KILL mobs to proc Innervate and Onslaught - the problem is not my Ele Focus but that HoI isnt simply strong enough or fast enough to kill by itself. So I think you may need to check the Faqs again mate.

Here's the thing about HoI killing things...you need to shatter mobs in order for HoI to proc the shatter effect (which is the only thing that HoI can use to kill monsters the flat ice damage doesn't count). If you have elemental focus in the main skill, it can't freeze monsters and therefore you're not going shatter monsters. If you do not shatter monsters, HoI will NOT be killing anything. That is why you can't use elemental focus in your main skill if you want HoI to proc onslaught and inervate... I'm not trying dis you, I'm trying to correct misinformation.

Please do me a favor and just swap out elemental focus for any other blue dps gem for 1 map (increase crit, crit damage, added light are all solid choices and I’m not sure what would be best for your particular setup). This will allow you to freeze and shatter monsters enabling herald of ice to kill things. Just do this one quick test and tell me if you get your onslaught in that map. (As long as the map doesn’t have like 90% chance to avoid ailments)
Last edited by Warranx on Dec 29, 2017, 3:54:38 AM
is it worth to use it oni goroshi in that build ?
when replace silver flask freeze replace with dying sun how to counter vs freeze then ???
my ing is killwitches
"
ryhuryhu wrote:
is it worth to use it oni goroshi in that build ?

I did already think about this, but I think this really would require an entirely diffrent build. Inquis would be pretty damn nice for all that elemental damage but you need to somehow counteract the massive degen.

"
Killhard wrote:
when replace silver flask freeze replace with dying sun how to counter vs freeze then ???

You cant use a 4 dps flask setup if you wanna counter freeze. You could leave out Atziri Flask or Vinktars.

I personally dont give a fuck about freeze. If you get a freeze strongbox I prespam molten to oneshot a majory of the monsters popping out. The rest isnt able to kill me. Havent died to it yet.
"
Warranx wrote:

Here's the thing about HoI killing things...you need to shatter mobs in order for HoI to proc the shatter effect (which is the only thing that HoI can use to kill monsters the flat ice damage doesn't count). If you have elemental focus in the main skill, it can't freeze monsters and therefore you're not going shatter monsters. If you do not shatter monsters, HoI will NOT be killing anything. That is why you can't use elemental focus in your main skill if you want HoI to proc onslaught and inervate... I'm not trying dis you, I'm trying to correct misinformation.

Please do me a favor and just swap out elemental focus for any other blue dps gem for 1 map (increase crit, crit damage, added light are all solid choices and I’m not sure what would be best for your particular setup). This will allow you to freeze and shatter monsters enabling herald of ice to kill things. Just do this one quick test and tell me if you get your onslaught in that map. (As long as the map doesn’t have like 90% chance to avoid ailments)

Ahhh now you gave a perfect and absolutely satisfying answer mate, and on top it sounds absolutely legit why the Ele Focus and HoI are in combination useless. I didnt try to run a map as you suggested because your answer is enough for me to believe that - an answer like this was what I was looking for. I switched my setup and put out the Inn -> HoI -> Ons. and put in Cwdt + LL, HoI is still present but unlinked to anything. May you know a better setup which I could use and which makes sense in a Cwdt (2 slot or 3 slot) setup instead my actual? I prefer 2 slot cwdt, because i Dont really want to loose the HoI dmg buff but defense would be pretty cool.
"
hubs1996 wrote:
"

20-25 ex is two or three good drops or luck with fusings at this stage in the league.

It's not about the price of the gear, it's about using it on t11 instead of t16.

"

2-socket bubonics are absolutely insane (whereas 1 sockets are rather okaish). the sheer amount of dmg/stats you can get with two good four-stat murderous eyes is beyond words and no pair of rare boots can compete with that. also you can wear bubonics AND tombfists at the same time given how little a non increased duration CWDT/IC does most of the time.

We don't need increased duration, we just need to survive the initial burst and we will leech anyway during that time frame. If you want to go as fast as possible the IC will proc a lot.

"

also as mentioned earlier, running herald of thunder is very questionable (at least for me) even with a lvl 3 or 4 enlighten. your mana will be done after literally 4-5 charges/whirling blades and this is not something i am willing to give up when moving around quickly. so i threw out herald of thunder/enlighten and cwdt/ic.

Herald of thunder with vinktar is life leech. With no vaal pact and no HoT you will rip on some bosses. You use movement skill with blood magic to not have mana problems.

"

room for 4 jewel slots that provide a lot more overall.

2 jewel slots in boots. And it's only 10% increased damage if you want to run all murderous. 2 jewels can give 30k dps if all your multipliers are on point but it's simply not worth it because getting any other upgrade for 15 ex will give you twice as much. There is no way that getting bubonic will provide a lot more overall than any other upgrade for this price

"

it is hardly bias. i could not care less if bubonics/tombsfists were be supercheap but stronger or vice versa. but if you are willing to take it to the extreme, they do offer great possibilties for upgrades, which are - as you mentioned - very expensive and thus not suited for everyone.

tdlr: false information? definitely not. if anything, i provide the most extreme version. not budget/beginner friendly? that is for sure. would you agree on that?

Extreme version is something to look for, but it should be optimized and not gimmicky. Tombfist may be BIS and I'm using them from day 3 of the league. Whereas bubonic require you to spend not only 15 ex for the boots, but also around 15 ex for the jewellery to ONLY match 2 ex setup with rare boots. If you really want to spend 30 ex just get a 400 edps claw. Place for bubonic in 100 ex build? No. In 200 ex build? Maybe.

good post, i agree on most parts!
a t11 is not a good place to showboat, hehe.

i never had any problem surviving burst without IC, i hardly ever get touched by the spike dudes.

herald of thunder provides so little dps. it is barely noticable compared to herald of ice or any other flat ele we have on gear. thats why i scratched it. that also opens up two to four gem slot if you are willing to sacrify blood magic & fortify, so you can still fit cwdt/ic in. basically forfeiting HoT gives you a lot of gem slots and opens the path to other gear choices such as unique boots and gloves.

vinktars is absolutely not needed (for mapping). my bar goes from 2k life to 6k in literally a second, even without vinktars. also i feel the shock from vinktars hurts more than the actual gain it provides. in short vinktars is a good choice for bosses, average for mapping.

well i don't know which item would provide more dps than the bubonics if you have a 6link, a decent claw and overall good jewelry. my claw is already in 50+ex to mirror territory, so there is not much left to upgrade any more. that's why i am looking for the absolutely min max, and bubonics, yet super expensive are one of those upgrades. i do not recommend running 15 ex rings and bubonics, but if you can afford it, would you not do it?
IGN: Kitaen
"
I gave it another shot lately, cause alot of folks seemed quite unhappy with the 3B3R Setup and I discovered that with the right amount of Player Skill, AC is rather effective and with perfect execution and can in theory even surpass Elemental Focus or Added Lightning with good gear.

Can you explain what you mean here? Is there some mechanic of AC I'm missing for single targets?
Think I messed up the pastebin but it should be working now https://pastebin.com/G2yfhPkB I'm gonna try this and see how far I can get for HC, quite a bit of less dmg but about 1k more life and almost 500 hp/s and quite a bit of leech per second.. however its lacking jewels for sure :( If you or anyone else has suggestions on it let me know.

I'm lvl 45 and streamlining through content atm I'll update once I hit maps :)

PS I'm reading a lot of stuff about not sustaining mana and I prolly wont need enfeeble until I can with sustain mana with just .4 mana leech but Warlord Mark + Blasphemy is a great remedy to this in the meantime! Plus free enduring charges!
Last edited by Destreaga on Dec 29, 2017, 5:52:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info