[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

Dying sun is just a sweet QoL improvement, wouldn't even recommended except lvl 100 is the goal, the only char or other chars would benefit from the flask too.

Its a really nice leaguestarter once you managed the slow normal difficulty (lvl 38, aoe gem). Really nice to rush bosses or run any map on a <1ex budget without the need to reroll most maps at all.
Thank you very much
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Yeah, thanks Milky, it was quite a good ride. I'm done at lvl 96. Until the new league starts I'm having some fun in STD with CrispieD's "AFK" Berserker, very relaxing gameplay for a change. ;)

For the new league I might do a crit Flame Totem Inquisitor. That new shield looks promising and with The Three Dragons (plus light damage from weapon or gem) this should be OP.
Last edited by tomay on Nov 22, 2016, 5:41:56 AM
"
tomay wrote:
Yeah, thanks Milky, it was quite a good ride. I'm done at lvl 96. Until the new league starts I'm having some fun in STD with CrispieD's "AFK" Berserker, very relaxing gameplay for a change. ;)

For the new league I might do a crit Flame Totem Inquisitor. That new shield looks promising and with The Three Dragons (plus light damage from weapon or gem) this should be OP.

Sadly i have travel the first week of the new league (fuck work)...
Crit FT Inquisator seems pretty good, has some serious singletarget potential. Not sure about three dragons... its nice for packs and rares (where you wont need shock with good gear) but does nothing against guardians/shaper :p

Dunno what i run excactly, depends on buffs/nerfs ofc... but with the first week in the trashbin and after that i move into another appartment... so yeah the next league will have a pretty low /playtime from me. ;)

I would start with Vaal ice nova inquisator into vaal spark (with better gear/jewels) and farm the shit out of lakes and maps while leveling ~15-17 metagems (vaal ice nova + vortex//vaalspark + spark in tabula, 3l movementsetup, 4l HoI + ice bite + coh + assmark... maybe portal + fc).

Or i run a herald bomber to do the same, which sadly needs more links, but less investment (no vaaled jewels).

Well if i just casually play one - two chars the whole league to complete challenges i would use something else.
Flametotem might be interesting, some shenenigans with flameburst essenced weapons, essence drain and so on... regular stuff that potentially can do every content, most mapmods and is not slow as fuck :D
Well currently i try many things on standard for the next league... my dream is some life/es/mom hierophant with triple ressource recovery like lifeleech, esreg, manareg... or esleech, lifereg... Still theorycrafting something useful which can clear relatively good and needs low reservation... :/

Thinking about selfcast noncrit flameblast with triple totems for decoy totem + scorching ray totem + vortex totem, coupled with EE, zero manacosts etc. Flameblast is always fine to clear and the triple totems are sweet debuffs for bosses with a good placementspeed... but still theorycrafting :p

Last edited by Milkyslice on Nov 22, 2016, 6:52:32 AM
"
Milkyslice wrote:
flameburst essenced weapons

Is what I'm playing with at the moment, Hysteria-modded sceptre and helmet. It is ridiculously OP!

Haven't made my way up to the Guardians yet but I just nuked twinned Piety and Daresso in like 3 seconds. OFC in Standard we're all rich as f*ck and I'm using all the bells and whistles (incl. a 6-link Belly and The Taming) but even with cheap gear this seems to be totally viable for endgame content. Just whirl to the boss, pop your silver flask, sit back, and watch in awe... sick! And I haven't even tried The Rat Cage + VMS yet.

P.S. I just heard that the Essences will be incorporated in the core game.
Last edited by tomay on Nov 22, 2016, 11:37:36 AM
Where do i put the Spire of Stone jewel in the skilltree?
I already searched in this topic and somebody mentioned the jewel slot between the Marauder and the Templar. I guess that it is this one?

Is this the right slot or are there better slots for the Spire of Stone jewel?
Yes, that's right. You will get six 10 STR nodes within the radius thus Spire of Stone grants 18% increased Totem Life.

Last edited by tomay on Nov 26, 2016, 5:54:27 AM
I go to do righteous fire in the new league, ascendary chieftain, but what do points I grab in the tree???
there is a skilltree section in the guide ;)

Hey man, i just wanna say thank you for some great fun i'd had testing this out for Breach. Iv'e never tried RF, seriously but this is insane for Bosskilling, for general mobclear i have to say -id prefer Firestorm, but damn! Lot of fun. Just got Tukohama (ran Firestorm until) Very casual and beginnerfriendly if you fit that description, but not dull -playstylewise that some build that orient towards that can get. Anyway, tried it out on Standard with crazy gear, made a little video of Dried Lake, where Voll is out he's league. I recommend Moltenstrike for leveling, and as you pointed out -Firetrap (still using as seen in video)

I very much recommend this as a leaguestarter!

Thanks!

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSZIc4ePlow
“Close your eyes and let the mind expand. Let no fear of death or darkness arrest its course. Allow the mind to merge with Mind. Let it flow out upon the great curve of consciousness. Let it soar on the wings of the great bird of duration, up to the very Circle of Eternity.”
tyvm Crasss. You got very small aoe there, thats probably the most important stuff ;)

2.5 Patchnodes are out, i wanna summarize everything affecting rf totems:

- Increased most totem damage, totem additional physical damage reduction and totem attack and cast speed skills in the passive tree by 20-25%. This doesn't apply to the Totemic Mastery notable passive. Nice small buff.

- Doubled all sources of totem elemental resistance in the passive skill tree. Very very good if not played as a chieftain!

- Totems and all other minions now have 40% elemental resistance and 20% chaos resistance. This also includes minions that didn't have resistances previously, like wolves. Even better! Easier to start and again great for non chieftains (and even those)

- The Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance support gem now has a multiplicative minion and totem elemental damage stat on it, scaling from 10% at level 1 to 19% more elemental damage at gem level 20. A real option in a 6link or as a gem to use early on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info